4/11 GT: Sox vs. Twins, Buehrle vs. Blackburn

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
Are you seriously complaining about his choice of words? I'd have probably said the same thing.

I'm not complaining about anything. But "guarantee" was a poor choice of words. I don't care how many times Thome has whiffed on a curve or high FB. If Phil Jackson draws up a play for Lamar Odom to take the last shot and misses, I'm not going to say, "Man, I guarantee you Kobe would've hit that."

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
Rock, I still feel the exact same way. We have 4 HUGE holes in our lineup. HUGE. And the Twins and Tigers are going to win a ton of games, so just being mediocre ain't gonna cut it.

We know you're a miserable fan, nothing outside of a WS title clinching game is going to change that. It's just funny how quickly you proclaim the game and season over.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
We know you're a miserable fan, nothing outside of a WS title clinching game is going to change that. It's just funny how quickly you proclaim the game and season over.

Just be sure you are there to shove it in my face when we come back and win the division. It's not my fault KW made terrible moves this offseason and last year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
I'm not complaining about anything. But "guarantee" was a poor choice of words. I don't care how many times Thome has whiffed on a curve or high FB. If Phil Jackson draws up a play for Lamar Odom to take the last shot and misses, I'm not going to say, "Man, I guarantee you Kobe would've hit that."

lol, gimme a break dude.. relax

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:49 PM)
lol, gimme a break dude.. relax

I'm really not trying to make a big deal about this. Maybe it's the 573734743743 posts around here the last week of people basically proclaiming they know better how to manage or put together a team than Ozzie/KW that made me even point that out.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
Just be sure you are there to shove it in my face when we come back and win the division. It's not my fault KW made terrible moves this offseason and last year.

No matter what moves he made, you still wouldnt like them. Thats how you cheer for the Sox, you criticize.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)

Yeah. But Kobe probably would have hit that - except in Colorado.

/double entendre

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
No matter what moves he made, you still wouldnt like them. Thats how you cheer for the Sox, you criticize.

LOL. I was voted biggest homer 3-4 years ago. Rios was the first pickup that I ever complained about. Check your facts.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
Rock, I still feel the exact same way. We have 4 HUGE holes in our lineup. HUGE. And the Twins and Tigers are going to win a ton of games, so just being mediocre ain't gonna cut it.

The Tigers are not very good.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
We'll see. They are going to score a s***ton of runs.

Umm, no. They are not. I live in Michigan, unfortunately. I get to watch them a ton. And I get to talk to their fans every freakin' day. They have 3 starting pitchers and half a lineup.

I still don't understand all the over reaction..

So the Twins are going to win 95+ games and maybe a World Series, and were the worst team ever.. yet it takes our team batting in the .100's for the Twins to escape with two close wins?

Its so early people..

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
Couldn't tell if he sent him, but I did see one interesting thing on the replay. Just after Hardy rounded third, and Teahen turned to look at home plate, the third base coach JUMPED INTO FAIR TERRITORY, right at third base. It honestly looked like he was trying to trick Teahen into thinking that he was the runner.

Yea, that wasn't shady at all.

Is there a rule against managers in fair territory during plays?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
Umm, no. They are not. I live in Michigan, unfortunately. I get to watch them a ton. And I get to talk to their fans every freakin' day. They have 3 starting pitchers and half a lineup.

How did Bonderman look the other day? Back to his old stuff, or still struggling? I know his numbers were good in the start.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 04:03 PM)
How did Bonderman look the other day? Back to his old stuff, or still struggling? I know his numbers were good in the start.

I actually didn't watch that one, but from what I heard, it seemed more like he feasted on a bad offense. Had some control issues. I wouldn't count on him being very reliable this season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 04:03 PM)

I never got all the hype about Bonderman. I was always glad to see him in the pitching probables list, he has never had a season of sub-4.00 ERA, and yet he is getting paid $12.5 million. He is only 27 but he's been in the majors since 03.

I would feel a lot better if the Sox take their hacks at the plate as they did today.

They were aggressive.

That one at bat, where Alexei popped up to second, he looked feeble, but I think he got fooled.

It seemed the first two games of the series, everybody swung like Pierre.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)
"Maybe this is a good sign"

Bulls*** Hawk...

Turns out he was right. :D

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)
so, Andruw and Kotsay came through for us big time? is this rotating DH thing actually working?

I've said it before, it is a good idea.... but you need better hitters to make it good. I'm sure if we had Kubel and Cuddyer as our LH and RH sticks, noone would be complaing about the rotating DH.

BTW, in the two wins the sox have hit homers in both victories (3 today) I tell ya, this Small/Ozzie ball is really paying off.

Edited by SoxAce