4/11 GT: Sox vs. Twins, Buehrle vs. Blackburn

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
If it wasn't for a dumb error by the 3rd base coach we'd see men on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs. Not a good choice to keep Thornton in the pen for that at bat.

Meh, ide be willing to guarantee if Jenks throws the hammer Thome K's

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
If it wasn't for a dumb error by the 3rd base coach we'd see men on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs. Not a good choice to keep Thornton in the pen for that at bat.

Thornton is not going to make 130 appearances this year. Other guys, mainly Bobby's chunky butt, need to get the job done.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:26 PM)
Well, you gotta do what your coach tells you in that situation.

Yes but the body language of Hardy when he saw AJ with the ball was what was funny to me..

The Twins 3B coach figured there was no way Pierre could throw the ball far enough to make a good relay play.

Pierre's throw was actually pretty good. Teahen threw a strike to AJ.

Hardy was a sitting duck.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:26 PM)
Thornton is not going to make 130 appearances this year. Other guys, mainly Bobby's chunky butt, need to get the job done.

After seeing Thome hit for us for 4 years you'd think Ozzie would have realized there was no chance at all that he could hit Thornton. And we just saw what he did against Jenks.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
I couldn't see the third base coach in the shot, did Hardy get sent, or did he run a stop sign? Anyone know?

Couldn't tell if he sent him, but I did see one interesting thing on the replay. Just after Hardy rounded third, and Teahen turned to look at home plate, the third base coach JUMPED INTO FAIR TERRITORY, right at third base. It honestly looked like he was trying to trick Teahen into thinking that he was the runner.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
Couldn't tell if he sent him, but I did see one interesting thing on the replay. Just after Hardy rounded third, and Teahen turned to look at home plate, the third base coach JUMPED INTO FAIR TERRITORY, right at third base. It honestly looked like he was trying to trick Teahen into thinking that he was the runner.

I noticed that too, totally caught me off guard. I was confused as hell.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
ok?

'I'd be willing to guarantee Jenks K's Thome if he throws the curve." Um, OK? The at bat was over. Why make a pointless guarantee? That's like me guaranteeing Jenks would've given up a hit to the next batter if Hardy doesn't get thrown out at home.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
'I'd be willing to guarantee Jenks K's Thome if he throws the curve." Um, OK? The at bat was over. Why make a pointless guarantee? That's like me guaranteeing Jenks would've given up a hit to the next batter if Hardy doesn't get thrown out at home.

Ya, but you have nothing to back that point. There's a difference between guaranteeing something because we've seen it many times and guaranteeing something because you have a hunch. We've seen Thome quite a bit, and I'm with Tru on this one. He's probably a goner if you throw him a breaking ball.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
Ya, but you have nothing to back that point. There's a difference between guaranteeing something because we've seen it many times and guaranteeing something because you have a hunch. We've seen Thome quite a bit, and I'm with Tru on this one. He's probably a goner if you throw him a breaking ball.

He's also a guy who has had trouble getting up to the high fastball for years. If he gets it up over his hands instead, there isn't a question either.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)

OK, so just say, "Yeah, I think Thome is a goner if he gives him the curve." I mean, why make a pointless guarantee after the at-bat is already over?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
He's also a guy who has had trouble getting up to the high fastball for years. If he gets it up over his hands instead, there isn't a question either.

Exactly. There's ways to get Thome out, we obviously know that very well. High fastball or breaking ball in the dirt and he's flailing. Fastballs middle-in and on the outer half, on the other hand, he normally hits hard. And he did.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
OK, so just say, "Yeah, I think Thome is a goner if he gives him the curve." I mean, why make a pointless guarantee after the at-bat is already over?

Are you seriously complaining about his choice of words? I'd have probably said the same thing.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 01:13 PM)
Game ovah.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 01:14 PM)
So is there even any point to start selling with all the money we have invested? Nobody is gonna want RIos, but we can prolly get something decent from Peavy before he has too many starts in the AL

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 01:16 PM)
Blow it up and trade everybody.

Let's restock the farm system.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)

Wow dude, ok..

im PRETTY SURE thome would have K'd had he been thrown a breaking ball there..

You good now?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
Exactly. There's ways to get Thome out, we obviously know that very well. High fastball or breaking ball in the dirt and he's flailing. Fastballs middle-in and on the outer half, on the other hand, he normally hits hard. And he did.

I am guessing that wasn't the pitch that was called... I am sure if he called for the fastball, he wanted it up. The higher the better, but Bobby just missed his spot.