AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 08:58 AM)
Thome was so late on the two fastballs it wasn't even funny the second one was in the mitt. It was a guessing game and Thome guessed right. If Jenks gets it a little higher it is a K. My guess was AJ was thinking that Thome could not catch up to the high heat.

Like I said in the game thread... I believe the pitch call was fine, there was just no way that pitch was supposed to be anywhere beneath the belt. That was supposed to come in hand high or higher. We all saw Thome's weakness up there, and judging by the previous pitches and Thome's being overmatched by them, there is no doubt in my mind that is what AJ was trying to get Jenks to throw.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty cruical victory in terms of getting a little bit of momentum heading into Toronto. Certainly don't want to go there on a 5 game losing streak.

Nice to see a little bit of offense finally, albeit still that not that much.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)
Pretty cruical victory in terms of getting a little bit of momentum heading into Toronto. Certainly don't want to go there on a 5 game losing streak.

Nice to see a little bit of offense finally, albeit still that not that much.

And hey, no Halladay to face while we're there! Thats one positive at least. Here is to hoping that the bats are alive north of the border.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 06:57 PM)
ok watching that video is even worse. he should at LEAST get fined for that. he totally was trying to distract Teahen

That was definitely a chicken sh*t bush league move. Ozzie should drill Hardy next time he faces the Sox. Make his 3rd base coach think twice about doing something like that again.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 12:24 PM)
That was definitely a chicken sh*t bush league move. Ozzie should drill Hardy next time he faces the Sox. Make his 3rd base coach think twice about doing something like that again.

They need to suspend that guy for a couple of games and give him a fine.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 01:24 PM)

Drilling Hardy seems less effective than finding a way to drill the 3rd base coach.

Greg, I am not certain about this so I'll ask...weren't you one of the guys who wanted the "base cloggers" gone?

Not all of 'em.

I wanted to keep either Dye or Thome. to go with Paulie. I agreed we shiould get rid of one of 'em.

Not all of 'em.

I wanted to keep either Dye or Thome. to go with Paulie. I agreed we shiould get rid of one of 'em.

Retrospectively speaking, it's better to have "base cloggers" than guys who don't/can't get on base at all!