4. Konerko (1B)

5. Quentin (RF)

6. Rios (CF)

7. Teahen (3B)

8. Jones (LF)

9. Ramirez (SS)

L, L, R, R, R, R, L, R, R

4 Righties in a row, but the lineup turns over to L, R, R, L, L

AJ is a good contact hitter, and has proven he can hit #2 adequately, which moves Beckham down to where he should be: an RBI position

Gives us an even better defensive outfield, as I think Jones could easily patrol LF on a daily basis and give us better defensive numbers than what Pierre could put up, and puts Kotsay on the bench, giving Quentin & Konerko days off

Pierre shouldn't be in LF, I mean really... he shouldn't.

It's sad that our DH would be a slap-hitting speedster who (lately) struggles to even get on base, but Ozzie's going to put him in the lineup 150+ games this year, so if he's going to be playing that frequently, DH him.. don't let his defensive inadequacies hurt the team when you have a steller OF rotting on the bench in Jones. Oh, and he's looked pretty good with the bat this year in the small sample size he's been given

I'm sure you guys could tinker with that lineup and probably find better spots to put guys, but those are who I (personally, feel free to speak your mind please!) feel should be in the lineup on a daily basis until it's proven that it isn't working. Because right now, the lineup we have obviously isn't really doing much of anything

I wanted to post this on a day where we won, and not on a day we lost because it would look like I was speaking out because of a loss. But this is a lineup I would've preferred on opening day. Seriously, I think Jones should be playing everyday..

Just my two cents!

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 07:58 PM)
Can Jones' body hold up if he plays outfield everyday? It's a long season and I think everybody will be needed to contribute all year long.

Has he been injury prone in the past? And if so, was it due to him being out of shape? I don't know the answer to those questions, maybe somebody else here does..

Pierre at DH is worse than Kotsay at DH, even if that means Jones gets to play more.

Pierre actually plays a good left field, if you're going to judge him on that one play yesterday, you need to stop yourself.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
San Quentin isn't playing LF anymore.

We should take Quentin out of the outfield completely.

He's DH material. He's now slow and his arm doesn't seem to be as accurate or strong as it was a couple of years ago.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 08:19 PM)
We should take Quentin out of the outfield completely.

He's DH material. He's now slow and his arm doesn't seem to be as accurate or strong as it was a couple of years ago.

But he'll go crazy!

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
But he'll go crazy!

When it comes to Carlos, "Madness is like gravity... all you need is a little push".... into the DH spot. That time on the bench will soon prove to be mentally overwhelming for someone as profoundly disturbed as Carlos Quentin.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
When it comes to Carlos, "Madness is like gravity... all you need is a little push".... into the DH spot. That time on the bench will soon prove to be mentally overwhelming for someone as profoundly disturbed as Carlos Quentin.

I just hope that he would crack, and go to bat with a sword.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 09:23 PM)
I agree that Quentin should DH. Rios is a master in RF, I still think Jones is adequate in CF. Of all of them, I'd rather try to mitigate Quentin's injury risk.

Rios is playing a good enough center. No need to move him. If anything, put Jones in right.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 05:58 PM)
Can Jones' body hold up if he plays outfield everyday? It's a long season and I think everybody will be needed to contribute all year long.

This ^^^

That said, Jones is capable of giving all three starting OFers a day off every once in a while. I wouldn't mind him playing the field once or twice a week.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 09:31 PM)
This ^^^

That said, Jones is capable of giving all three starting OFers a day off every once in a while. I wouldn't mind him playing the field once or twice a week.

That's the hope. The thing is, it seems Ozzie has been playing him only in CF so far, albeit, only a few games played and moved RIOS to LF.. a position he never played before prior. (though is still a great defender in any OF position) Texas only had Jones at the corner OF positions last year. I would hope Ozzie knows Jones can play LF and RF as well as CF. The only place I want to see Rios move to is RF as I think your wasting his defense in LF.

QUOTE (Soxophone @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 10:09 PM)
I say Jones in left, rios in center, quentin in right. I like how rios glides to the ball in center. it looks effortless. i havent seen that in years and i dont want to lose it.

He glided right into the wall when Kubel's HR landed an arm's reach above him yesterday...

Pierre DH, Quentin LF, Rios CF, Jones RF is our best defense, it's too bad we'll never see it since it makes a mess of things when Kotsay plays (among other reasons) since defense is a big deal when you can't hit. I guess you could DH Pierre and do Jones LF Rios CF Quentin RF on days Kotsay doesn't play.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
He glided right into the wall when Kubel's HR landed an arm's reach above him yesterday...

are those seats on the fence, or is there a gap between the fence and the seats? If there is a gap, there is no way he could of reached that ball