Lineup change?

Real

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 01:37 AM)
Damon can't even get it to a cut off man anymore. Also, if Pierre was not in LF I bet that runner holds at 3rd.

So we're going to try to trick baserunners into advancing now?

Also Rios should never leave CF so long as he's playing.

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
1. Pierre (DH)

2. Pierzynski ©

3. Beckham (2B)

4. Konerko (1B)

5. Quentin (RF)

6. Rios (CF)

7. Teahen (3B)

8. Jones (LF)

9. Ramirez (SS)

L, L, R, R, R, R, L, R, R

4 Righties in a row, but the lineup turns over to L, R, R, L, L

AJ is a good contact hitter, and has proven he can hit #2 adequately, which moves Beckham down to where he should be: an RBI position

Gives us an even better defensive outfield, as I think Jones could easily patrol LF on a daily basis and give us better defensive numbers than what Pierre could put up, and puts Kotsay on the bench, giving Quentin & Konerko days off

Pierre shouldn't be in LF, I mean really... he shouldn't.

It's sad that our DH would be a slap-hitting speedster who (lately) struggles to even get on base, but Ozzie's going to put him in the lineup 150+ games this year, so if he's going to be playing that frequently, DH him.. don't let his defensive inadequacies hurt the team when you have a steller OF rotting on the bench in Jones. Oh, and he's looked pretty good with the bat this year in the small sample size he's been given

I'm sure you guys could tinker with that lineup and probably find better spots to put guys, but those are who I (personally, feel free to speak your mind please!) feel should be in the lineup on a daily basis until it's proven that it isn't working. Because right now, the lineup we have obviously isn't really doing much of anything

I wanted to post this on a day where we won, and not on a day we lost because it would look like I was speaking out because of a loss. But this is a lineup I would've preferred on opening day. Seriously, I think Jones should be playing everyday..

Just my two cents!

If the lineup isnt LRLRLRLRL, it is unacceptable! That's why Kotsay must play AT ALL TIMES!!!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 09:33 AM)
are those seats on the fence, or is there a gap between the fence and the seats? If there is a gap, there is no way he could of reached that ball

As you move from the bullpen in left toward Center field along the wall there is a small growing gap between the seats and the wall. Id say from anywhere between 2 - 5ft.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 01:11 PM)
As you move from the bullpen in left toward Center field along the wall there is a small growing gap between the seats and the wall. Id say from anywhere between 2 - 5ft.

So it would be pretty difficult to jump and grab that ball out of that fans hand, wouldnt it

I have been tempted to make a thread and get my ass chewed out for the following idea.

Ozzie insists on bunting anytime the leadoff man gets on base, right? Meanwhile, Alexi Ramirez is really frustrating right now both at the plate (warm weather hitter) and in the field (brain cramps all year long), right? Why not bench Ramirez and put Vizquel at SS as well as the 2 hole. Move Pierre to the 9 hole, Beckham leads off (I know what his obp is right now, but there really are no great options on this team), and every time he gets on base, have Vizquel bunt him over to 2nd or third. Beckham won't be wasted sacrificing all the time, Vizquel will be doing what he is still capable of (defense and bunting as well as mentoring Beckham in the field) and Pierre will be a nice alternative to Teahen in the 9 hole. So, your lineup would be....

Beckham

Vizquel

Quentin

Konerko

Pierzynski

Rios

Jones/Kotsay

Teahen

Pierre

Alternatively, since everyone thinks Teahen is god awful, flip him and Pierre so he can be available to sacrifice Pierre to second or third and set the table for Beckham to get the RBI. Maybe better yet, when the weather heats up, bench Teahen and put Ramirez at third base (batting 9th with Pierre 8th) so that Vizquel can mentor both him and Beckham in the field. I personally think Ramirez is better suited for 2nd or 3rd base where he will have less responsibilities on any play in the infield.

I know it is still not a great option, but if we are going to waste outs bunting, why do it with one of the few bats that can produce in the lineup?

Flame away.

Not to be a dick, but Pods had another monster game today.

Obviously he's not finished and it doesn't look like Thome is finished, either. We coulda had both on the cheap.

Any regrets?

I'll stop with the Pods talk if it's making anybody mad, but it's easy for me to notice him since I am in Royals country.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 06:15 PM)

Obviously he's not finished and it doesn't look like Thome is finished, either. We coulda had both on the cheap.

Any regrets?

I'll stop with the Pods talk if it's making anybody mad, but it's easy for me to notice him since I am in Royals country.

Pods was looking for two years and $15 million when he approached the Sox about a contract. Were we really supposed to wait all winter for his price to come down and hope that it did? That isn't really smart.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:15 PM)

Any regrets?

We could not have had Pods for cheap. If we could have, he'd be a Sox.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
Pods was looking for two years and $15 million when he approached the Sox about a contract. Were we really supposed to wait all winter for his price to come down and hope that it did? That isn't really smart.

We could have, because there was no way in hell Pods was going to get that. I still don't blame them for not wanting Pods even if he was willing to come back cheap though, he doesn't have a great resume in seasons after performing "well" at the MLB level. Additionally, he's still a very soft player, and he'll suffer some minor injury that will bother him for weeks on end eventually.

Say what you want about Pods, he has done the smart thing in a new town, and has come up with some big multi hit games early. The fans here currently love him. They like Getz too.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 01:55 AM)
Say what you want about Pods, he has done the smart thing in a new town, and has come up with some big multi hit games early. The fans here currently love him. They like Getz too.

Well I am sure that Teahen Rios Kotsay and Jones loathe the fact that they did the dumb thing and didnt have multihit games. if they could do it all over again, Im sure they would of taken the other option. Then everyone would love them and everything would be great

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 06:15 PM)

Any regrets?

Soxtalk is known for hating Pods.

For over four years here Ive read so many posters make grandiose excuses to explain why he stinks and will always stink.

Ozzie had a man crush on Juan and now we're stuck with a purely NL hitter w/ no power (9th place AL hitter) for two years... simple as that.

As for a lineup change bat Pierre 9th as the main DH, Play Jones 100% and move Rios to leadoff...

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 01:23 AM)
We could have, because there was no way in hell Pods was going to get that. I still don't blame them for not wanting Pods even if he was willing to come back cheap though, he doesn't have a great resume in seasons after performing "well" at the MLB level. Additionally, he's still a very soft player, and he'll suffer some minor injury that will bother him for weeks on end eventually.

He signed for just under two million dollars in January with the Royals. I don't blame them for not waiting around for a risky player at the cost of anyone else out there.

QUOTE (scotty22hotty @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
Soxtalk is known for hating Pods.

For over four years here Ive read so many posters make grandiose excuses to explain why he stinks and will always stink.

we didn't need grandiose excuses to explain that.

They haven't loved anyone in KC since Sweeney left.

Greinke is now the man in that city, the Royals begin and end with him. It was supposed to be Gordon, but that hasn't materialized (Univ. of Nebraska product, like Mauer and Twin Cities).

If Moustakas or Hosmer can make it, they have a chance to be the new Royals heroes....but that city is so desperate for a winner, they'll cheer almost anyone.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
They haven't loved anyone in KC since Sweeney left.

Greinke is now the man in that city, the Royals begin and end with him. It was supposed to be Gordon, but that hasn't materialized (Univ. of Nebraska product, like Mauer and Twin Cities).

If Moustakas or Hosmer can make it, they have a chance to be the new Royals heroes....but that city is so desperate for a winner, they'll cheer almost anyone.

Greinke and DeJesus. Their fans have a good sense of humor though.

edit: nebraska is not in missouri or kansas.

Edited by bmags

True. I liked KC fans. They have a rough go of it. In that state, they get pooped on by some very very intense and annoying cardinals fans. It'd be like the cubs, if the cubs consistently won and many world series.

I can't imagine going through the drought they've gone through.