4/12 Games

maggsmaggs

Justin Collop.. I'm going to keep an eye on him this season. He was a bit of a reach last season, but has just great projectability. He finally has a change-up, which he didn't have success with in college and the sox supposedly tweaked his mechanics. Strikes me as one of those prospects who pitches better with wood bats than aluminum (which tends to happen with guys who sucked in college, same as hitters). I could see him advancing a stop or two when this season is done if all goes well.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
This just in, Hudson is a pretty good pitcher. What's the over/under on his ETA??? 1 month?

If Garcia continues to pitch as well as he did his first outing, I'll take the over. Let's just hope he keeps it up. Kenny will be licking his chops and looking to deal.

QUOTE (icroca @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 11:05 PM)
Hudson: 5.1 innings, 3 hits, 1 BB, 1 ER, 9K

hudson was untouchable tonight. I was sitting behind homeplate in Norfolk tonight and he was fooling batter after batter. i had an Orioles fan with me and he was like WTF this dude is sick. He gave up a solo shot to the first batter of the ball game but after that it was lights out....not to mention he showed some stones pitching the way he did in front of his hometown crowd tonight :headbang

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
hudson was untouchable tonight. I was sitting behind homeplate in Norfolk tonight and he was fooling batter after batter. i had an Orioles fan with me and he was like WTF this dude is sick. He gave up a solo shot to the first batter of the ball game but after that it was lights out....not to mention he showed some stones pitching the way he did in front of his hometown crowd tonight :headbang

Good stuff to hear. But we know who our GM is.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:47 PM)
Nice line from Collop:

5 IP, 12 H, 11 R, 9 ER, 1 BB, 5 SO.

He'll have some good success pitching like that.

You know, coming from anyone else I'd know they were kidding, but with you I think you mean that. Ignore hits and runs while focusing on strikeouts and walks, right? I'm not arguing, just find it funny in this context.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
Nice line from Collop:

5 IP, 12 H, 11 R, 9 ER, 1 BB, 5 SO.

He'll have some good success pitching like that.

Yea he didn't have anything tonight for sure.. :lol: I was as off as your prediction yesterday on a Wickswat/Vizcaino pitchers duel. I'll say this though, his control this game is encouraging for a guy who has not been stellar in that regard in the past (5:1).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
Flowers (6 RBI), Danks (multiple XB hits) and CJ Retherford (4 RBI) all off to pretty good starts.

Viciedo (.200) not so much, just like last season out of the gate.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 12:40 PM)
I see he doesn't have a single BB yet.

They haven't even played for a week yet. Comparing this to last season is a little over the top at this point.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 05:56 AM)
You know, coming from anyone else I'd know they were kidding, but with you I think you mean that. Ignore hits and runs while focusing on strikeouts and walks, right? I'm not arguing, just find it funny in this context.

You know it Dan. All I care about is strikeout ability, control and the ability to limit the home run. Plus only 2 of the 12 hits were for extra bases (2 x 2B), so it's not like they were tattooing him.