Pods

jasonxctf

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
I called for the Pods signing last year and loved it and loved his performance.

That being said, his getting picked off was unacceptable, and I trust Pierre will give us what Pods can.

It's hard to not get picked off when you're never on base.

I honestly don't care to prove anyone wrong but it would be fun to see how both of them come out at the end of the season.

They play the same position and both are top of the lineup hitters.

Same division same league, so face the same pitchers etc. If Pierre doesn't make progress then won't it tell us something about NL ?

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 09:25 PM)
is just rakin it this year, including today.

Good for him... (take notice Juan Pierre)

Obviously things can change over the course of the year, but I would have rather had Scotty Pods on the Sox than Juan Pierre. I just didn't see any difference in the two, except Pods hit some homers and Pierre doesn't

I love how everything is cut and dried.

When many Sox fans think of Pods, they think of some dumb baserunning blunders.

When I think of Pods I think of the f***ing many multi-hit games he produces. He steals bases. Even the Sox brass took him for granted because they didn't seem very interested in working with him on a deal.

We could have signed him for a similar deal the Royals got him for if we showed interest. I firmly believe that.

Kansas City is f***ing in love with Pods right now. If he keeps this up another week, it could be Pods-mania. Normally bitter Royals fans brighten up when you mention Pods. They mention the fact he is a "real baseball player" unlike most of the stiffs they've had the past many years.

But let's keep bringing up his bad baserunning.

Edited by greg775

Juan Pierre has been consistently healthier over his career and he's younger... to me, at the end of the year they'll end up with roughly their career numbers and be about a push (Pod's career RC/G 4.7, Juan's 4.8), also I think Pierre is a slightly better defender, both have terrible arms, but Juan seems to take far better paths to balls. The Sox had interest in keeping Pods, he wanted a multi-year deal from them and the Sox were able to get Pierre with a chunk of his salary paid...

Honestly, I don't care how the KC fans feel about him or if they smile when his name is mentioned, that has very little to no value on whether he belongs on the White Sox or not. I'm not a huge fan of either, I think they overall will shake out about the same, with Juan being better on the base-paths and on D and Pods giving a little more pop.

Also, baserunning is a big part of Pods game and he's kind of bad at it, I don't think that that aspect of his game should be undervalued.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 12:16 AM)
Don't we agree he's a good basestealer? He just had some brain lapses when he got picked off. As Ranger would say, those pickoffs didn't make or break us ultimately.

Being picked off 11 times in 5 months does not constitute "some brain lapses" it's the pattern of a s***ty base runner. The 70% SB% (very bad) is just icing on the cake of suck that is Podsednik on the basepaths.