Pods

jasonxctf

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 04:50 PM)
Even if it existed, I sure wouldn't click it to make sure it was OK to link people too...

Really? This is a lot like that new Richard Kelly movie, The Box. You know you'd press that button. Regardless, of the consequences to everyone else.

yeah, the Sox are an impossible to make-up 5 games out now with 149 games left... look I'm not saying this is going well at this point, but over their careers Pods and Pierre have been roughly the same player, 4.7 to 4.8 RCG, so let's not take a 13 game sample of a guy who has been injury prone and go crazy. Also, Pods could be on base as much as he wants, with some of the middle of the line-up struggles lately it wouldn't make a difference, he's not that type of impact player... Juan was on in the 1st and then on 2nd and he was stranded, not really his fault.

He also got picked off yesterday..... on first base. What new..

Pods is on fire.

Seven stolen bases, playing great baseball.

But ooh he's a bad baserunner. He got picked off a lot last year.

That of course did not cost us the pennant. We could use's Pods' multi-hit potential right now. The guy has some pop in his bat. Juan does not. Watch how shallow outfielders play Juan. It is almost embarrassing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 12:28 AM)
Pods is on fire.

Seven stolen bases, playing great baseball.

But ooh he's a bad baserunner. He got picked off a lot last year.

That of course did not cost us the pennant. We could use's Pods' multi-hit potential right now. The guy has some pop in his bat. Juan does not. Watch how shallow outfielders play Juan. It is almost embarrassing.

Yeah, at least Pods could hit it deep enough and hit out enough HR to makes the outfielders respect him.

This pods lovefest is just sickening

He really needs to come back down to earth so we can stop hearing about this.. "We could use's Pods' multi-hit potential right now. The guy has some pop in his bat." f***in gag me..

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 02:02 AM)

He really needs to come back down to earth so we can stop hearing about this.. "We could use's Pods' multi-hit potential right now. The guy has some pop in his bat." f***in gag me..

Your tellin me. When did Scott Podsednik become a good player? Sample sizes are affecting people's judgment here. The comparing of two terrible players (Pods and Pierre) is brutal as it is. Its like comparing taking a hard, solid s*** hurting your asshole or dropping diarrhea liquid bombs hurting your stomach. Either way, it will suck.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 03:02 AM)

Thing is it's not even a lovefest. Nobody was thinking about Pods before the season. But since we're off to a bad start and JP is struggling, the crybabies have made it their daily mission to check Royals box scores hoping Pods did well so they can say, "hahahaha. Pods is the s***. Pierre sucks. Way to go, KW!." And as soon as Pods comes back to earth, and he will, the little girls will find something else. Maybe Juan Uribe goes on a hot streak and the crybabies will start a "Uribe" thread tracking his every at-bat so they can say, "hahahahaha. KW strikes again! We could've had Uribe for nothing. But noooo!!"

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 03:19 AM)
Your tellin me. When did Scott Podsednik become a good player? Sample sizes are affecting people's judgment here. The comparing of two terrible players (Pods and Pierre) is brutal as it is. Its like comparing taking a hard, solid s*** hurting your asshole or dropping diarrhea liquid bombs hurting your stomach. Either way, it will suck.

I like the former better. Sure it hurts. But it's a nice feeling when you feel 5-10 pounds lighter.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 03:34 AM)
Thing is it's not even a lovefest. Nobody was thinking about Pods before the season. But since we're off to a bad start and JP is struggling, the crybabies have made it their daily mission to check Royals box scores hoping Pods did well so they can say, "hahahaha. Pods is the s***. Pierre sucks. Way to go, KW!." And as soon as Pods comes back to earth, and he will, the little girls will find something else. Maybe Juan Uribe goes on a hot streak and the crybabies will start a "Uribe" thread tracking his every at-bat so they can say, "hahahahaha. KW strikes again! We could've had Uribe for nothing. But noooo!!"

I like the former better. Sure it hurts. But it's a nice feeling when you feel 5-10 pounds lighter.

None of that seems necessary.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 03:34 AM)

Aaron Rowand

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 12:09 PM)
Pods wasn't the answer. We need to stop pretending that he was, because all it's going to do is make us even angrier in the weeks to come.

If Pods keeps up a 1.000+ OPS for the full season and we let him go...then yeah, we have every reason to be angry, because someone should have seen that coming.

since i started the thread, i'll comment here. Yes, it's early. However...

1) I'm happy for the guy. Seemed like a good, team player. Was a very important part of the Sox 2005 WS and basically I'm glad he's doing very well. I hope he goes 0/16 when he plays the Sox, but it makes me smile when I see him killing everyone else and having a lot of success on the basepaths.

2) What's done is done. However, I do shake my head at the decision to get rid of a guy who hit .304 last season. He's a career .280 hitter with some pop and speed. Is he a defensive liability.. sure, even though he had a .992% last year. Does that mean that he doesn't have any value to a team... no. He could have been a nice DH/4th OF player.

I hope I'm proven wrong. That Pierre's 2010 performance will be better than Pods's. I trust Kenny to make the right decisions, but I'm afraid he may have missed this one.

"Somebody is going to say something, especially when I don't hit," Pierre said. "I learn not to pay attention to it and trust in what I do every day to get prepared. At the end of the year, [success] will be there for me more times than not.

"My track record might show up, but if you don't get it done, in this game it's what have you done for me now. Then, as far as my career has gone, if I don't hit, usually stuff happens. With or without the track record, I have to perform to stay in the lineup."

Pierre shurgs off Podsednik comparision.

I've been one of the biggest Pods' supporters over the years and I was one of the people who wanted to bring him back. But then we traded for Juan Pierre, who is essentially the same damn player. So boo hoo. No sense in crying about it. It's 2 weeks of baseball. There are like 30 weeks left. A little early to be determining whether or not a mistake was made...

And as soon as Pods comes back to earth, and he will, the little girls will find something else

Just cause we disagree with you doesn't mean we're little girls. Some of us played sports as well as you did.

And some of us liked Pods all last year even with his baserunning gaffes.

I love Pods and I do believe he still has pop in his bat. And I have never been a fan of guys like Pierre who have no pop in their bat. It sickens me to see how shallow they play him. Guess it reminds me of Little League when guys like Pierre came to bat and as a third baseman our skipper forced me to play about even with the pitcher in case of bunt.

Little girls don't risk their teeth gettin knocked out playing hockey from youth leagues through high school.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 12:03 PM)
If the shoe fits.

Very mature.

Heaven forbid that I actually like a player (Juan Uribe) who has played well now for quite a while and is still in the prime of his career.

It doesn't ever make you wonder how he became so "stale" and lost at the plate...why he regressed offensively every season from 2004 until he left the organization?

I guess I'll have to love Mark Teahen, despite my years living in Kansas City and seeing only one four month stretch that would ever make me think that he's a regular MLB 3B for a contending club...because his defense is lousy, and his offense is sub par for a corner IF spot.

Now I know you'll quote his high OBP right now, but let's wait and see if he ends up approaching over 775 for the season, cool?