Pods

jasonxctf

Minnie got Crede for pennies and didn't lose anything by having him there til his back told him he truly was finished. Garland has still been a serviceable pitcher. He started Opening Day this year. And I guess if Dye wasn't going to sign for cheap, it was OK to let him go, but if he was willing to stay for cheap, yes I'd have kept him too.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
Minnie got Crede for pennies and didn't lose anything by having him there til his back told him he truly was finished. Garland has still been a serviceable pitcher. He started Opening Day this year. And I guess if Dye wasn't going to sign for cheap, it was OK to let him go, but if he was willing to stay for cheap, yes I'd have kept him too.

They got Crede for pennies because he WAS finished, and they absolutely lost something when he went down because they counted on him as being the starter and had to shift people around like brendan harris and nick punto out of utility roles where they excel, into starting roles where they are exposed. Garland may have started opening day, but the guy is on his 4th team in 2 years after the White Sox, thats not exactly a great track record.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)

So did Vincente Padilla, Jake Westbrook, and John Lannan. I'm happy for them too, but I still don't want them anywhere near the Sox.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)

He has repeated turned down contracts in the three to four million dollar range from various teams.

Pods just hit into a game ending DP, chosing to swing at a lousy 1-2 pitch instead of whacking two meaty strikes when he wasn't on his heels. Pods and Pierre both sucked immensely tonight.

I just wish Oz would bat Pierre ninth. Don't know if it would matter much, but it would make me feel better. Bat him ninth and let him hit whatever he hits down there. I could give a s*** who replaces him at leadoff.

Stick Beckham up there.

As far as this ...

"They got Crede for pennies because he WAS finished, and they absolutely lost something when he went down because they counted on him as being the starter and had to shift people around like brendan harris and nick punto out of utility roles where they excel, into starting roles where they are exposed. Garland may have started opening day, but the guy is on his 4th team in 2 years after the White Sox, thats not exactly a great track record."

Well, the Twins still made the playoffs and this move didn't cost the Twins the playoff series. They weren't going to win it just because they had to adjust to Crede being out.

As far as Garland, true we may not need him, but he's still serviceable.

Don't know why Milkman said that. Not everybody's opinion is the same. I don't always agree with people but it' snot "arguing." If you think you are right, fine. I never said Pods was an all-star. I just like him, espeicially when compared to Juan. If they move Juan to ninth in the order I won't hate him nearly as much, because he belongs ninth on a big-league roster.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:24 AM)
Maybe its just me, but Pierre is Pods + baseball IQ. There really isn't any difference in their games or abilities, except Pods is baseball dumb, and Pierre understands what is going on around him.

Actually....I think you are 100% right-on with that astute observation. I feel the same way.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:24 AM)
Maybe its just me, but Pierre is Pods + baseball IQ. There really isn't any difference in their games or abilities, except Pods is baseball dumb, and Pierre understands what is going on around him.

Then why the Hell wasn't he bunting yesterday in the 7th?

And what the hell was he thinking while trying to field that double?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:40 AM)
Then why the Hell wasn't he bunting yesterday in the 7th?

And what the hell was he thinking while trying to field that double?

On the second part, I don't think that was necessarily IQ, that was just a plain old misread. Pods had lots of those, Pierre I've seen have a few too, but not as many.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:46 AM)
On the second part, I don't think that was necessarily IQ, that was just a plain old misread. Pods had lots of those, Pierre I've seen have a few too, but not as many.

I know, I'm just annoyed and angry at Pierre after last night. Call it an irrational, illogical emotional response.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:48 AM)
I know, I'm just annoyed and angry at Pierre after last night. Call it an irrational, illogical emotional response.

I know exactly how you feel.

And if I have to see his carbon copy groundout to second one more time I am going to throw my remote through the screen.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:51 AM)

And if I have to see his carbon copy groundout to second one more time I am going to throw my remote through the screen.

I would have been happy with a groundout to 2nd in the 7th inning. They wouldn't have been able to turn 2. I could have lived with that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:51 AM)

I hope you are looking around for a new television.

What....no mention of Pods' stellar performance in his last 10 games?

Pods10.jpg

Oh wait, that doesn't help the "ZOMG WE NEED PODS BACK, KW IS A FOOL!!!!!11" arguments, so of course it hasn't been mentioned.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 3, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
What....no mention of Pods' stellar performance in his last 10 games?

Pods10.jpg

Oh wait, that doesn't help the "ZOMG WE NEED PODS BACK, KW IS A FOOL!!!!!11" arguments, so of course it hasn't been mentioned.

Wow that was quick trip from .450 to .326.

Hard to blame the guy or his agent. He had a solid year for us last year, and he was just trying to parlay it into his nest egg.

The market is undervaluing a lot of veterans to an incredible tune the last few seasons; he is just one example.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 6, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
It also means there was a very damned good reason why Pods isn't a member of the Sox right now.

That won't stop Team Pods (bigsqwert, jphat, ect) from making it their mission to make sure we're all aware at ALL TIMES when Pods gets a hit.

Edited by Jordan4life