Teahen was something special last night

chw42

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
Rios was money too.

Ozzie said that we should boo Rios at the Cell and maybe he'll hit like he did in Toronto..

If it works like it did last night, I am game.

Say it with me...

YOU SUCK RIOS!!!

[clap, clap, clap, clap, clap]

[REPEAT]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
That's laughable.

One's a terrible defender and is losing it at the plate a bit and also getting older with a larger commitment.

The other's a much better defender with upside at the plate since he's still in the middle of his prime years.

Just wondering, what what show was this?

Mully and Hanley

QUOTE (Ranger @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 12:12 PM)
Teahen tied the game two different times and then delivered the game winning hit. That's probably why.

Not to mention even if people are now sucking up on Jones, sox still lose the game 7-6 in the 9th without Teahen.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
That's laughable.

One's a terrible defender and is losing it at the plate a bit and also getting older with a larger commitment.

The other's a much better defender with upside at the plate since he's still in the middle of his prime years.

Just wondering, what what show was this?

I am not so sure I agree with the upside at the plate part. Upside over last year? sure, but not more so than his best years.

But I agree there is no comparison. I would say that Soriano has the worst contract in all of baseball. If I were a Cubs fan I would feel sick thinking of that clown playing another 5 years for my team.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
I am not so sure I agree with the upside at the plate part. Upside over last year? sure, but not more so than his best years.

But I agree there is no comparison. I would say that Soriano has the worst contract in all of baseball. If I were a Cubs fan I would feel sick thinking of that clown playing another 5 years for my team.

The Cubs are now taking him out of the game in late innings for defensive purposes. He is going to be a part time player in a year or 2.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)

He's not even 30 yet, what makes you think he doesn't have any more upside to rebound to 07-08 form?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 04:42 PM)
He's not even 30 yet, what makes you think he doesn't have any more upside to rebound to 07-08 form?

He can rebound to that form yes. What I meant was that I don't think he has more upside than he has shown in the past, i.e. I dont think he can outperform those years. But yeah I think he could match them.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)

I think the fact that he solidifies a position (CF) that has been a hole for 3-4 seasons, he's in his prime...and you can "overvalue" players up the middle a bit because Ramirez and Beckham are so underpaid, it's okay as long as he's an 800+ OPS player (775-850).

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 05:09 PM)
I didn't know that Teahen could lift multiple thousands of pounds!

Wow! He literally carried the entire team on his back!

Correction: he didn't carry Andruw Jones.