Racist T-Shirts Around Wrigley?

jasonxctf

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
Anybody who thinks those "mows my lawn" Tshirts are funny is a moron. Who would buy one of those?

The Fukedome one is the only one that's funny. Maybe just because the image of a real life Japanese Harry Carray cracks me up. Cleaning Sake out of his fu-man-chu as the Scrubs lose another one! Horry KOW!!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
Anybody who thinks those "mows my lawn" Tshirts are funny is a moron. Who would buy one of those?

A type of Cub fan that has little interaction with people of a hispanic race outside of seeing the cooks at their ultra-chic restaurants in River North :stick I actually saw a "twins" fan at fridays game wearing that shirt.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
A type of Cub fan that has little interaction with people of a hispanic race outside of seeing the cooks at their ultra-chic restaurants in River North :stick I actually saw a "twins" fan at fridays game wearing that shirt.

Because Twins fans, or people in Minnesota, probably don't see that many hispanics.

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
that US cell one about the more drive bys is a little wrong. I seem to recall someone being shot outside of wrigley a few years ago.

Ignorance is a Cubs fan's best friend.

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
that US cell one about the more drive bys is a little wrong. I seem to recall someone being shot outside of wrigley a few years ago.

Yeah. Everyone thinks Bridgeport is some kinda really awful neighborhood. I lived there for four years and never had any problems.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
I remember last year Ozzie bought one of the "Ozzie mows Wrigley Field" t-shirts and wore it around the clubhouse. He told the media something like " I may mow lawns, but I'm not the one standing outside in the rain selling t-shirts"

and that's why I love Ozzie

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
the most ridiculous one I've seen, not racist, just gross, was around Wrigley with a Cardinal pointing to its rectum and something like "St. Louis takes it in the Poo-Holes"... just don't see where you could wear that one

my mother in laws house

Most of the time I'll actually root for the Cubs (except when they're playing the Sox), but I CAN'T STAND Cub fans or the giant toilet also known as Wrigley Field. I go to a lot of games at the Cell. Once I had an off day while the Sox were out of town and was jonesin for some baseball, so I decided to venture out to the northside. NEVER AGAIN!! That place is a certified dump, it smells like pee, it's old and ragged - falling apart, and the "scoreboard" sucks. And way too many Cub fans are drunk, obnoxious and rude. And they have the nerve to talk about USCF. You could put USCF in the middle of Hell, and it would still be better than going to Wrigley.

This guy I know has never been to Wrigley, but goes to Sox games at USCF all the time. He just got some free Cubs tickets and he's taking his kids. He has no idea. I can't wait to hear what he has to say when he gets back.

Oh and regarding my comment earlier about going to a game at USCF if it was in Hell... well don't bother taking a jacket with you - it'll still be nice and hot because the Cubs aren't winning any World Series anytime soon.

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
anyone ever try telling a cubs fan that Wrigley is a dump? doesn't go over so well

im sure it goes both ways. sox fan says wrigley is a dump, cub fan says USCF sucks, sox fan says Zambrano is not an ace, cub fan says buehrle is not an ace. Its a never ending feud that is impossible to avoid no matter how hard you try, cub "fans" are everywhere. At work, in other cities, at weddings, at funerals.. the day the Cubs win the world series is the day i move out of chicago.. it would be non-stop smack talk every single season until the Sox win another one.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)
the day the Cubs win the world series is the day i move out of chicago.. it would be non-stop smack talk every single season until the Sox win another one.

Do you like snowboarding and skiiing? If so, YOU"RE IN LUCK!!! The property value in Hell is probably pretty low... :lolhitting

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)
im sure it goes both ways. sox fan says wrigley is a dump, cub fan says USCF sucks

It's sadder with me personally. A few Cubs fans I know love USCF cause our field/ballpark is "nice." They actually go to the games too and just try and either heckle people, or wear Cubs gear like they are some kind of rebel... without a cause. They hate everything else about us though.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 04:53 PM)
im sure it goes both ways. sox fan says wrigley is a dump, cub fan says USCF sucks, sox fan says Zambrano is not an ace, cub fan says buehrle is not an ace.

Sox fan says 2005 and walks away smiling.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
It's sadder with me personally. A few Cubs fans I know love USCF cause our field/ballpark is "nice." They actually go to the games too and just try and either heckle people, or wear Cubs gear like they are some kind of rebel... without a cause. They hate everything else about us though.

I've seen those guys and never understood how someone could enjoy heckling and being heckled for 9 innings. It just does not fit the culture of baseball.