4/13 GT: Sox @ Blue Jays, Floyd v. Romero

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
I'm sure glad Omar Vizquel is leading off and getting his ABs.

For all the people that booed Wise last year for leading off on Opening Day not even a peep about Vizquel doing it today.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 08:12 PM)
I just started watching now, quick question did we get shutdown like that because Romero was unhittable or because our offense is terrible?

A little bit of both. We looked clueless, but Romero had absolutely filthy stuff. Good fastball, good cutter, got the breaking ball over for strikes consistently, and had a Johan-esque changeup. He's legit.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 01:12 AM)
I just started watching now, quick question did we get shutdown like that because Romero was unhittable or because our offense is terrible?

He had sensational command/stuff, but our hitters didn't help out by chasing balls and taking strikes.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 08:12 PM)

We sucked, but Romero was pretty nasty. He was getting everything over. No one was gonna hit him tonight.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 08:12 PM)
For all the people that booed Wise last year for leading off on Opening Day not even a peep about Vizquel doing it today.

Wise had no business being booed. It wasn't his idea to lead off, but Ozzie mentioned Vizquel leading off when he was signed, and I think most of us thought he was just talking. Evidently not. You can't blame him for the team having one hit in 8 innings, but a almost automatic out leading off is another of Ozzie's very questionable decisions that if you disagree with you should go watch the Cubs.