4/13 GT: Sox @ Blue Jays, Floyd v. Romero

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 08:25 PM)
Getting Gonzalez would make AJP and Ramirez remember how to hit?

no but it would give the opposing pitcher atleast one hitter to worry about, i dont think any pitcher fears not one batter in that lineup

I don't know if fear is the right word, certainly it was with Quentin in 2008.

Quentin, Konerko, Beckham and Rios are all capable hitters...and Andruw Jones can leap up and bite you.

We're just a soft overall line-up unless we're getting consistent contributions from Pierre, Teahen, Ramirez and AJ.

At one point, it seemed like Ramirez would be Soriano-Lite. That would make a tremendous diference, if he was the same threat he was in 2008 on a more consistent basis (like before June, that would help).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)

Quentin, Konerko, Beckham and Rios are all capable hitters...and Andruw Jones can leap up and bite you.

We're just a soft overall line-up unless we're getting consistent contributions from Pierre, Teahen, Ramirez and AJ.

At one point, it seemed like Ramirez would be Soriano-Lite. That would make a tremendous diference, if he was the same threat he was in 2008 on a more consistent basis (like before June, that would help).

He starts every season the exact same.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)

i dont know,i just think it says a lot about the lineup when scott baker said that as long as you keep pierre and beckham off base, you'll(as a pitcher) be fine. that the rest of the lineup isnt that tough.

Sure its been said, but I'm too lazy to look through the thread after coming in from a Minor league game....

"Lets see...we got one run on...one hit? Thats all we got? One goddamn hit?"

"You can't say goddamn on the radio!!"

"Ah who cares, no one is listening anyways."

Embarassing offense, 14 Ks.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
Sure its been said, but I'm too lazy to look through the thread after coming in from a Minor league game....

"Lets see...we got one run on...one hit? Thats all we got? One goddamn hit?"

"You can't say goddamn on the radio!!"

"Ah who cares, no one is listening anyways."

Embarassing offense, 14 Ks.

Who was that? Farmio and DJ ?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 06:41 PM)
Gavin wasn't great, but the defense cost him at least two runs by not turning a DP.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 06:41 PM)
Gavin was the usual self when he is on the road, average.

Thanks. Sounds like Romero was on. He's very, very good.