4/13 GT: Sox @ Blue Jays, Floyd v. Romero

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
Nice, Ozzie not f***ing up with the mojo. Good call (I think it was you Sqwert) on the Pierre day off. I like Becks at DH though Nix kills LHP.

I think it was fathom, I like this lineup.

Hopefully Omar can get on few times, hes not base stealing threat but sure is a smart base runner.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
Can Vizquel play a whole game? He might have to take a nap in the 5th.

He's getting the early bird special at Denny's. That should give him the energy to stay up until 10pm local time.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)
I hope I am not taken away from this game to do some bulls*** stuff I dont want to do. Baseball is life this time of year and people in my life need to realize this.

Haha you are getting married and have to do stuff

Back to .500 tonight! Let's hope the middle of the lineup produces tonigth with everyone else, though Romero is a solid pitcher. He's a guy you really just gotta concentrate on taking to the opposite field and not try to hit a homerun of off every time. Also surprised no Nix yet, he hits lefties pretty well (power department at least), would much rather have him playing than Omar, but hopefully I will be proven wrong.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
would rather see beckham at 2b, ramirez Dh and vizquel at SS....also i dont like vizquel leading off but what can you do....

I would much rather see Alexei sitting next to the heater at the end of the bench for the next 6 weeks.

Interesting back-story on the game-saving relay against the Twins.

Looks like the reason the Twins 3B coach sent Hardy is because: a. he noticed a blown defensive alignment by the Sox, and b. the reputation of Pierre's weak arm.

Teahen was actually supposed to return to cover third. So, looks like Alexi blew his assignment. Probably was confused because of the Thome shift. But Teahen noticed it and ran out to get the throw. Amazingly Pierre made a very good throw for such a deep play. Teahen threw a frozen rope to AJ, and Hardy was a sitting duck.

So... a bizarre chain of events that ended up very good for us.

I'll take it.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
Interesting back-story on the game-saving relay against the Twins.

Looks like the reason the Twins 3B coach sent Hardy is because: a. he noticed a blown defensive alignment by the Sox, and b. the reputation of Pierre's weak arm.

Teahen was actually supposed to return to cover third. So, looks like Alexi blew his assignment. Probably was confused because of the Thome shift. But Teahen noticed it and ran out to get the throw. Amazingly Pierre made a very good throw for such a deep play. Teahen threw a frozen rope to AJ, and Hardy was a sitting duck.

So... a bizarre chain of events that ended up very good for us.

I'll take it.

Alexei Ramirez confused on a relay? Say it ain't so!

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
Alexei Ramirez confused on a relay? Say it ain't so!

I know the horse is dead and the corpse (and my hands) is bloody as hell, but...

Alexei sucks bad right now and should get an extended rest on the pine.