Fire Ozzie

shago

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 08:13 AM)
I know, but it was as if no research was done on the guy at all. I'm not saying that was the case, but some of the at-bats looked so pathetic that thought came to me several times throughout the game.

It doesn't matter. Good stuff still gets guys out. Everyone knew what Maddux and Clemens threw but it still didn't help.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, completely Ozzies fault that nobody can hit. He needs to be doing more for sure.

People put way to much into "oh man, he was batting 5th yesterday and 7th today!!!! Thats gonna throw him off for 2 months!!!!!". Hardy batted 3rd against us one day, then 7th the next. He didn't subcutaneously combust afterwards, our team just can't hit.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 08:29 AM)
No, no, and no. You got it all wrong.

When Mark Buehrle pitches a perfect game or a no hitter, it's because of how awesome he is, opposing batters didn't have a chance.

When someone does it to us (or comes close), it's because our offense sucks and our manager/hitting coach need to be fired!

It's called Soxtalktality -- a blend of group think from Sox talk and the mentality it creates.

Best post of thread.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
Great post. Outside of the Sox world Ozzie is viewed as a good manager.
I live way outside the Sox world and I have to say that it's not necessarily so. Perhaps he's not viewed as passionately, but if you look you can find critiques of his in game strategies and off the field antics.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 12:31 PM)
Yes, completely Ozzies fault that nobody can hit. He needs to be doing more for sure.

People put way to much into "oh man, he was batting 5th yesterday and 7th today!!!! Thats gonna throw him off for 2 months!!!!!". Hardy batted 3rd against us one day, then 7th the next. He didn't subcutaneously combust afterwards, our team just can't hit.

lol wut?

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 08:29 AM)
No, no, and no. You got it all wrong.

When Mark Buehrle pitches a perfect game or a no hitter, it's because of how awesome he is, opposing batters didn't have a chance.

When someone does it to us (or comes close), it's because our offense sucks and our manager/hitting coach need to be fired!

It's called Soxtalktality -- a blend of group think from Sox talk and the mentality it creates.

Our offense does suck.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 02:01 PM)
lol wut?

Most mammals I believe have evolved to have a layer of subcutaneous fat, as either padding or insulation or additional protection, including man. You get that stuff hot enough, it'll burn. Subcutaneous combustion.