Seriously Ozzie?

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)
Its been pretty well stated that he wanted player personnel decisions. We all know Kenny isn't giving that up.

Seems like he deferred his decisions to Ozzie this past season when building the lineup.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
If Ozzie is who you think of as the face of your franchise, we're in more trouble anyway. The face of my franchise is Konerko, Buehrle, Peavy, Beckham, and Quentin. And its been said before, but if all people can think of about the sox is "ol' crazy Ozzie" and not how horrible they are playing, I'm fine with it.

Got managers who get caught snortin coke and we're worried about something ozzie said after a horrible loss and a bad start to the season. Whoopdee doo

Washington didn't tell Rangers fans to kiss his ass and root for the Astros if they didn't like his in game moves.

QUOTE (SI1020 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)
Washington didn't tell Rangers fans to kiss his ass and root for the Astros if they didn't like his in game moves.

What the hell should he have said? "Thanks guys, I'll make sure to use your advice next time". Every single one of these HQ journalists bait him into saying this s***. They know how to phrase questions where he will get angry and are too lazy to do any actual work on a story, simple as that

Are you that offended by it? If so, don't listen to his interviews. The butt-hurtness over a manager with a loose grasp on the english language and a temper is ridiculous.

Washington also didn't bring his city a championship. And if you say "err well the manager doesn't have an effect on the game" then why do we even want him fired? See how stupid all this drama is?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)
I wouldn't be able to relate. I've never failed so miserably at my job.
Me to i can't relate cause if i failed as miserably at my job i wouldn't be here to read soxtalk and many of my co workers wouldn't be alive either . :gosoxretro:

So Ozzie wouldn't have a problem if Hahn or Fabian or someone else smacked Oney around?

I think Ozzie says stuff just to get a reaction and maybe he's trying to stick up for Rios. I'm sure Ozzie has been given a hard time before and I haven't read where he's beaten anyone up.

What some players and apparently coaches and managers have to realize is while dealing with the public can be a real pain in the ass, if there wasn't this fascination with athletes they wouldn't be paid the kind of money they get paid. They wouldn't have the women in every city hanging all over them. They wouldn't have a car for every day of the weak or most of the other things they have. Its probably not the most apealing part of the job dealing with it, but it is part of the job, and when you are making an average of over $3 million a year, you should be able to put up with it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:47 PM)
Jermaine Dye is apparently too insulted to even bother to play for the Mariners for that exact $3 million price tag.

Pride goeth before the fall (see Cabrera, Orlando).

If Dye doesn't sign with someone soon, I predict he comes back next year with a minor league contract and an invite to spring training with some team, maybe even the White Sox and if he makes the team will make less than half of what he's turning down. Then he will say it wasn't about the money, when it was all about the money.

QUOTE (SI1020 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 01:04 PM)
Al Campanis the man who helped ease Jackie Robinson's transition to the big leagues. Who because of a few ill chosen words was descended upon like a pack of wolves and essentially had the end of his life ruined. Another side of the Campanis story As for Ozzie, when he was first hired it should have been obvious that he could be a train wreck waiting to happen.

And I believe that Ozzie, when he makes some of these comments, also is not being knowingly racist, homophobic, etc. But, it will be his mouth, not W-Ls, that does him in. And, if I understand where you were going with the Campanis follow-up, Oz will probably not deserve it either.