Ever had a sinus infection...

SouthsideDon48

Hey everyone, I know you all are gonna tell me to see a doctor, but I'm just asking this question to see if any of you went through it and how long I should probably expect to hear normally again.

Anyway, last friday I was sitting down watching the White Sox game, and during a commercial break I got up to wash my hands and rinse my eyes out because I had something in my eyes. When I got back to the tv, just before I sat down, my hearing went away suddenly just like that.

On saturday, I saw a doctor and she didn't really seem to know why my hearing went away because I wasn't feeling sick. She did say I had a congested sinus and that surprised me because my nose wasn't stuffy, but I did have a little pain behind my eyes and between the eyes. The doctor told me to take Zyrtec, which I took for 2 days and didn't see any improvement.

On monday I saw my audiologist to see if I had wax or fluid buildup, the audiologist told me my ears were free of wax and fluid and told me to take Sudafed PE instead, and that it was supposed to make my ears pop like I feel it's supposed to. Apparently Zyrtec was for drying out the fluid in the ears.

Anyway, yesterday I started getting more and more dizzy from my ears, the room was even spinning in class because my teacher's constant lecturing kept making me dizzy.

I tried to set up an appointment with an ENT, but the quack wouldn't see me for a week, so I called another ENT and got an appointment for tomorrow morning.

My ears basically feel stuffy, I can barely hear anyone or myself talk, I'm dizzy if I'm around noise too long, and my sinus hurts behind/between my eyes.

What I'm most concerned about is how long it might be till my hearing comes back. Because my hearing isn't good in normal conditions, and now it's even worse, which is really limiting my abilities at school and work. :(

Who else here had experience with a sinus infection that caused a hearing loss? How long did it take you to hear normally again? :(

Seriously, Don, I've had issues with my ears before...

The inner ear controls the sensory for balance. I once had a procedure done on an ear so they gave me Novocaine, and when I left I could not even walk straight it was crazy. Anyway, hearing loss can be a side-effect of a sinus infection, but you need to explain better your symptoms and your fears in terms of your hearing loss.

Are your glands swollen? This also can lead to hearing/ear problems, but normally you would have pain as if you had an ear infection.

I would think an ENT doc would be able to fix you up quick, which is why this situation is so odd.

I had the hearing in both of my ears go one time in college when i was too stubborn to go to the doctor. Once the second ear clogged up I went in and they gave me a Z-pack and it cleared me up in a few days.

It is definitely bizarre though, it feels like you arent walking straight and someone is cupping your ears, and I felt like I had tunnelvision at times.