April Catch All White Sox Thread

Chisoxfn

Yes, I hate these threads, but I've seen a lot of people request it be brought back. The thread will be replaced each month though so that it doesn't get too excessive.

To start off the thread, the buzz out on the west coast is that Adrian Gonzalez is in talks with the Padres on a new contract that would be worth a reported 160M over 8 years. I heard the above on ESPN Radio 710. It was not during a sports center update, rather was mentioned by one of the guests that was on the show (I didn't catch his name) but he sounded like a beat reporter for the Padres.

Either way the above was news to me as I haven't read it anywhere on the web.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I hate these catch all threads, but I've seen enough people complain that it isn't aruond so I decided to add it. I'm also debating whether I should go in and close and delete some of these the sky is falling threads.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
Hey, I hate these catch all threads, but I've seen enough people complain that it isn't aruond so I decided to add it. I'm also debating whether I should go in and close and delete some of these the sky is falling threads.

Please do, there's also 2 or 3 threads that have to do with the lineup that could be merged into one.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 05:41 PM)
Please do, there's also 2 or 3 threads that have to do with the lineup that could be merged into one.

Seriously, all of those "I think the lineup should look like this" or "this lineup will solve the problem" threads need to have one catch-all. There must be two new threads like that every single day.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
Seriously, all of those "I think the lineup should look like this" or "this lineup will solve the problem" threads need to have one catch-all. There must be two new threads like that every single day.

Haha, I've made some adjustments, as you guys can see :)

It does get a bit excessive with the negativity and overall s***ty attitude of the site, but that's part of the allure of Soxtalk. Nothing against WSI, but from everything I've ever heard of the site, they basically ban you if you say anything negative towards the franchise. This site actually lets you voice your opinion. If you're pissed, you're pissed, if you're happy, you're happy - whatever.

I do agree that the sky is falling threads this early suck and are generally stupid, but some of the discussions within the threads themselves had merit.

Something that Kalapse said earlier got me to thinking about the negativity. IF, for example, Peavy continues to slide and the worse fears come true, some people will be able to point to April 14 and say they knew way back then. Also, we all we agree at some time angst is warranted. What is the crossover point? That is probably different for every person. Some people panic at the first sign of trouble, others have much more patience.

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 12:51 PM)
Something that Kalapse said earlier got me to thinking about the negativity. IF, for example, Peavy continues to slide and the worse fears come true, some people will be able to point to April 14 and say they knew way back then. Also, we all we agree at some time angst is warranted. What is the crossover point? That is probably different for every person. Some people panic at the first sign of trouble, others have much more patience.

A lot depends on what the team has done in the past.

Say this is 2006 or 2007, the vibe's probably a lot more positive around here because of the success they would have had recently.

Now, it's not so much. That said, April 15 is definitely way too early to be jumping off the ledge.

The conversation at wsi is in no way superior to soxtalk. I mean, i just checked it out, and the best term to describe it over there would be ''abominable''. I know you guys like to be civil with them... but it's absolutely whack over there.

It gave me a headache dammit.

This just in: The White Sox have been sucking against AL Central teams for some time now.

This is not good.

Also, I think the Sox are close to being branded as a "boring" baseball team. The lineup has no pizazz. Do you agree?

Sox lose to Mitch Talbot no are dominated by Mitch Talbot while the Twins beat Grienke and the Tigers lose to King Felix....all you need to know about why in September and the Sox are playing Boston the last week of the year and the Twins are beating whoever they are and people b**** and moan about pitching matchups and the schedule.

Last night proved to me that this offense has not changed and this season and will be the same as last year if Jon Rauch does his job the Twins will walk away with this division. Hitters do not work a count and do not know how to foul off a pitch and overswing.

Juan Pierre needs to be better but I do not think he will be good enough to ignite the offense. Beckham at this point in his career will have good and bad at bats and Guillen will continue to do stupid s*** on those occassions when Pierre gets on base. Quentin, Konerko and Rios can have great games and can also be atrocious. Teahen, Ramirez and AJ are at this point are average players that compliment great players the Sox do not have these type of hitters. Until Guillen figures it out I am not sure what to make of Jones but Kotsay has shown why he was DFA'd last year.

These things along with the fact that Guillen thinks he needs to change the lineup daily will keep this team inconsistent as the players are not allowed to get into a groove. I am not sure why other guys can play 150 to 162 games a year yet the Sox feel a guy should not play more then a 140 games...Guillen thinking outside the box is not a good thing.