April Catch All White Sox Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
Greg Walker sucks at his job. He does a terrible job of helping hitters adjust after the league adjusts to them. Beckham's swing, as well as his use of his legs in the swing, is terrible right now. He fouls off so many good pitches to hit to the right side. It's not just that his batting average is low, he's not hitting anything with authority.

And if Gordo was hitting this year, it would be because Beckham was a great hitter, and nothing to do with Walker. Please.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
I wonder if that has ever happened. A bunt double. I know there have been infield doubles, in fact I believe Guillen hit one back in the day, in Minny.

Didn't Carl Crawford or someone on the Rays have some crazy play within the last two years in which they turned a bunt into a run? Throwing error to first, more errors, etc.?

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
Baseball reference player index is almost more powerful than any one person should be allowed to possess.

Yep, my subscription is up on July 20th and I'm 100% positive I'll be renewing for another year. BRPI has surpassed my expectations.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 07:56 PM)
And if Gordo was hitting this year, it would be because Beckham was a great hitter, and nothing to do with Walker. Please.

Walker says that the veterans don't need a hitting coach. Well, when a young player is struggling so badly, that falls on the player as well as Walker.

Walker also said it's very very difficult to make in-season swing or mechanics overhauls....like when Rios came in and was completely lost. Beckham has a slight hitch now in his swing and he's also not swinging on a level plan with that inside out solid contact up the middle and to LCF/RCF.

But why is it that Cooper (with pitchers) or Tiger Woods (in golf) can do it relatively quickly?

Aren't both repetitive motions that can be learned and unlearned....trained and untrained and retrained?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)
Walker also said it's very very difficult to make in-season swing or mechanics overhauls....like when Rios came in and was completely lost. Beckham has a slight hitch now in his swing and he's also not swinging on a level plan with that inside out solid contact up the middle and to LCF/RCF.

But why is it that Cooper (with pitchers) or Tiger Woods (in golf) can do it relatively quickly?

Aren't both repetitive motions that can be learned and unlearned....trained and untrained and retrained?

Then why is he even around during the season?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 06:34 PM)
From Walker, everything seems to be "it's too difficult to change".

What the hell is his salary? What is he getting paid to do? With the way this offense is struggling I'd expect him to be working 60 hour weeks looking at tape and working with batters.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
I wonder if that has ever happened. A bunt double. I know there have been infield doubles, in fact I believe Guillen hit one back in the day, in Minny.

Guillen was the master of showing bunt and slapping over the head of the 3B.

Pierre about hit one of those doubles last week with a hard bunt that ended up over the head of the 3B.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 06:37 PM)
So I see that Ozzie called Beckham out today by saying "he's not the man".

what was the context of this? where was it said, do you have a link?

i see everyone is already knee-jerk reacting to your post, without knowing the context of the comment

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)
Yes, all three of everyone.

sorry, but that was a useless response. when i typed everybody, it was obvious i was referring to all of the people who responded. not EVERYBODY on the forums, nice try though