Simple Not Ideal Lineup Fix

Marty34

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 05:54 PM)
7 Kotsay

4 Beckham

B Quentin

3 Konerko

5 Teahen

8 Rios

9 Jones

2 AJP

6 Vizquel

Pierre will lead the league in outs if he plays everyday. His role has to be diminished.

Pierre is still a lifetime .300 hitter with a career .335 OBP. That means over 600 ABs he will get one base 200 times. Its been 6 games and his first stint in the AL, be patient we will need him if we are going to win.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 05:00 PM)
Pierre is still a lifetime .300 hitter with a career .335 OBP. That means over 600 ABs he will get one base 200 times. Its been 6 games and his first stint in the AL, be patient we will need him if we are going to win.

If Pierre gets 600 AB's, we aren't winning anything.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
Kotsay hurts the lineup less than Pierre.

kotsay cant put us in scoring position if he gets a single....pierre has speed and takes alot of pitches. If you put Kotsay at leadoff he's going to get out just as much as pierre has if not more

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 04:54 PM)
7 Kotsay

4 Beckham

B Quentin

3 Konerko

5 Teahen

8 Rios

9 Jones

2 AJP

6 Vizquel

Pierre will lead the league in outs if he plays everyday. His role has to be diminished.

I'm not even going to comment on this lineup. This is killin me tho....what's the "B" in front of TQC's name stand for???

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 05:05 PM)
kotsay cant put us in scoring position if he gets a single....pierre has speed and takes alot of pitches. If you put Kotsay at leadoff he's going to get out just as much as pierre has if not more

Pierre isn't a better hitter than Kotsay and "leadoff hitter" is not a position.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 06:48 PM)
Pierre isn't a better hitter than Kotsay and "leadoff hitter" is not a position.

where did i ever say it was a position? it is a place in the batting order and im not even going to reply to your comment about kotsay being a better hitter than pierre

Edited by beckham15

7 Kotsay

4 Beckham

B Quentin

3 Konerko

5 Teahen

8 Rios

9 Jones

2 AJP

6 Vizquel

Oh lord...

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 06:00 PM)
where did i ever say it was a position? it is a place in the batting order and im not even going to reply to your comment about kotsay being a better hitter than pierre

Pierre and Kotsay are both bad. The biggest reason that Pierre has a seemingly guaranteed spot in the lineup is because they're obligated to pay him $8M over the next 2 years.

7 Kotsay

4 Beckham

B Quentin

3 Konerko

5 Teahen

8 Rios

9 Jones

2 AJP

6 Vizquel

*scratches head* *stares at wall for a few minutes* *runs to the bathroom and vomits explosively*

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 06:16 AM)
Pierre and Kotsay are both bad. The biggest reason that Pierre has a seemingly guaranteed spot in the lineup is because they're obligated to pay him $8M over the next 2 years.

That and because he's a better hitter and runner than Kotsay

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 10:14 AM)
I was and still am surprised at the lack of support for Pierre. He's not the ideal lead-off guy, but he is a career .300 hitter, and he's got speed.

So far I haven't seen Pierre's speed really affect or change any games.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
So far I haven't seen Pierre's speed really affect or change any games.

He got us a run in the first game of the season, but after that? Of course you must get on base first in order to utilize that speed right?