4/15 Gamethread: White Sox (4-5) vs Blue Jays (6-3) 6:07 PM

Kyyle23

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 06:34 PM)
I think most people liked the trade, but just a lot of us had an attachment to Olivo was hard to see him go.

I remember many being for and against it. It sucked for Olivo because he didn't want to go. A lot of us thought Jeremy Reed was going to be a stud too.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 06:36 PM)
I remember many being for and against it. It sucked for Olivo because he didn't want to go. A lot of us thought Jeremy Reed was going to be a stud too.

I had high hopes for Mike Morse to be a modern day Paco Martin. Haha.

Actually, he was the one who ended up having a longer career in the majors with the M's than Olivo. They really soured on Miguel quickly. Haven't had much luck there with catchers, Ben Davis, Johjima, etc.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 06:38 PM)
I had high hopes for Mike Morse to be a modern day Paco Martin. Haha.

Actually, he was the one who ended up having a longer career in the majors with the M's than Olivo. They really soured on Miguel quickly. Haven't had much luck there with catchers, Ben Davis, Johjima, etc.

Oh Ben Davis, don't remind me of him and the fiasco he brought.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 05:42 PM)
It would be nice to win three of four here, because their fans don't give a s*** about baseball.

If we can't win a series here, good luck winning one anywhere else, cept maybe Cleveland.

This will be the typical White Sox team. Winning series against teams like the Yankees, Angels, Rays and Red Sox....losing 2/3 to Cleveland, Baltimore and Oakland.

You never expect to win 3/4 on the road in Toronto...doesn't matter if they're playing in front of 8,000, it just doesn't happen very often.