Red Sox acquire Williamson

T R U

I cant imagine that Kw whould pick  up 2 bullpen guys in one night, so after the glover deal, i didnt see that happening.

If we can pick up Roberto Alomar and Carl Everett in 1 night, we sure as hell can pick up 2 relievers in 1 night. Besides, we've got 2 more days until the trading deadline, so there's no real rush.

Gammons was just on, he said the Sox were still in it for Boone, and believed the Sox would get Suppan. If this comes to fruition, start printing playoff tickets.

I thought the Sox would get Suppan in the off-season, but didn't. I'd love to have him as our #5, but not if it costs too much.

Gammons was just on, he said the Sox were still in it for Boone, and believed the Sox would get Suppan. If this comes to fruition, start printing playoff tickets.

Boone? He's pretty good. Power, speed, good defense....the kid knows how to play. If we only have him for this year(I'm not sure how much more we'd have him), that would be fine, because we could then sign Smiley or use Tim Hummel or something else. There are always options out there.

And I'd really like Suppan. He's a big-time inning eater and keeps his team in the ball game. I'd love to have him as our #5 starter....I don't care if the AL has seen him.

any info on who the red sox gave up, i think one was a player name phillip duimeront (sp) or something like that.

could we have beaten them with an offer of what?

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/gen/wire?...sageId=18494803

Dumatrait, a minor league PTBNL and cash considerations.

ummm a first rounder, i think that maybe we could not have beaten this offer.

but there are other pitchers who are still available.

It seems as KW isn't done. I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't pick up a RH reliever instead of a starter. Last night White sucked and I think KW sees this and will go after Sullivan really hard and with that move Shoenwise into the rotation. He maight even try and get Boone in that deal. But it looks like Boone is either going to the Ms, Dodgers or staying with the Reds.

It seems as KW isn't done.  I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't pick up a RH reliever instead of a starter.  Last night White sucked and I think KW sees this and will go after Sullivan really hard and with that move Shoenwise into the rotation.  He maight even try and get Boone in that deal.  But it looks like Boone is either going to the Ms, Dodgers or staying with the Reds.

I think KW might be done looking for relievers. We did bring Matt Ginter up who was closing in AAA.

He will take White's role as soon as we get a 5th starter and release White

I think KW might be done looking for relievers. We did bring Matt Ginter up who was closing in AAA.

He will take White's role as soon as we get a 5th starter and release White

You may be right, but either way(if we get a 5th starter or a RH reliever) White is gone.