NBA playoffs thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 11:37 AM)
So much for the "NBA Superstars get every foul call" myth.

Honestly, the calls were totally for Chicago down the stretch. This is coming from a Chicago fan. The other one that stuck out was that awful travel call under the basket.

I could care less that Chicago got all the calls down the stretch, because they didnt get ANY calls in Cleveland. I couldnt believe that there was less than 5 minutes left in game 1 before Derrick rose got to the line. That is just inexcusable

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)
It doesn't bother me...grammar is overated.

Gotta be careful with the grammar police on this board. <_>

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 10:47 AM)
Derrick Rose is so good. That is all. Once he starts getting the Kevin Durant-type foul treatment, he'll go to the line 10 times a game and that will raise his scoring average about 5 points. He is Dwayne Wade Part II.

He and Dwight Howard are probably the two that comes to mind that don't get their dues/respect when they get fouled. Only difference is Howard is much more of a whiner. I still don't think you can call him DWade at max when he doesn't have any all-stars to play with. I personally want to see him turn into Jason Kidd (or at least a poor man's version of him) to optimize his potential at the PG position. I'll take Wade though no doubt. He was projected as a Wade/Kidd type player, but he probably will not do something Kidd does well, and something that Wade does well, and so far.. he's a mixture.

Edited by SoxAce

That's why I was very happy to avoid the Celtics in the 2nd round.

Yes they played like s*** in the 2nd half of the season, but they can still turn it on when it matters.

Their 2nd round series with the Cavs should be fun to watch, and hopefully it takes a lot out of which team makes it thru.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
That's why I was very happy to avoid the Celtics in the 2nd round.

Yes they played like s*** in the 2nd half of the season, but they can still turn it on when it matters.

Their 2nd round series with the Cavs should be fun to watch, and hopefully it takes a lot out of which team makes it thru.

Miami has been absolutely horrible, but still should have won 2 of the first 3 games. They were up double digits late in the first game and collapsed, then blew it again tonight. The Cavs should absolutely have their way with the Celtics. The Cavs don't have a coach that goes to a 2-3 zone when Ray Allen gets hot, or a coach that doesn't foul Pierce at the end of the game with a foul to give. The Heat got Spoelstra'd again.

Think you're being a little harsh on Spoelstra there palehosefan.

I don't think you can really judge him until next season when they'll probably get either Bosh or Amare, then you need to see some progress in terms of getting up to become close to a 55 win team.

As for the Celtics, they just find a way to hang around. I just wouldn't be underestimating em, don't think they'll beat the Cavs FWIW, but I think they'll definitely win a game or 2 to at least make that series a little bit interesting.

Did you hear what LeBron said? I believe it was, "Noah's one of those guys that likes attention. I would never, for the most part, say anything like that. But that's just our team." No LeBron, we know you hate the spotlight. That's why you wear Yankees hats to Indians games, dance around the court like a fool during blowouts, make grandiose poses during every pregame, flex your muscles after every dunk, host Saturday Night Live, skip the world championships to shoot movies about yourself and keep an entire town that worships the ground you walk on in suspense just so you can be recruited by a few teams this summer. Geez, you must hate attention even more Chad Ochocinco.

Blake Mitcham

Sam: You get email of the week. I shall think of a prize. Maybe a LeBron poster. I know much of the media in Cleveland is not permitted to criticize James. If they do, they have to apologize afterward. I think they also have to avoid eye contact and back away from him when they leave. He is the King, you know. Just kidding as the Plain Dealer’s Brian Windhorst is one of the best beat journalists. But it was head shaking stuff to read that—I wasn’t there—and then hear people around the arena talking about how classy James is and different from other players like Noah because James is so humble. It’s like Alice in Wonderland where most everything is nonsensical. James is a magnificent player and any team would like to have him, but he is about himself commercial wise as much or more than anyone in the league. I’ve heard even the officials have become annoyed with those bizarre choreographed pregame rituals to feature James that they have complained to the league about it holding up game starts. But it’s become a “Hey, look at me” society, and perhaps James understands it better than most. Noah is just learning.

From Sam Smiths Mailbag.

Nothing new there, everyone knows that LeBron is a d**k, but no-one in Cleveland will stand up to him and admit that while he's there.

It'd be interesting to see what the media says if he bolted for the Knicks in the off-season though.