NBA playoffs thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish the NBA would go back to 3 out of 5 for the first round. This first round is taking way too long. Any team that loses 3 out of 5 probably wouldn't win 4 out of 7 or the NBA title. I know it is about extra revenue, but it just takes waaaaay too long.

At least play every other day and no two days off in between games.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 06:28 PM)
I wish the NBA would go back to 3 out of 5 for the first round. This first round is taking way too long. Any team that loses 3 out of 5 probably wouldn't win 4 out of 7 or the NBA title. I know it is about extra revenue, but it just takes waaaaay too long.

At least play every other day and no two days off in between games.

I agree. There is no reason for the Bulls to play once in a four day period.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
The Thunder are absolutely destroying the Lakers right now. Looks like we have a series.

Yes they are.

Already at the line 32 times before the end of the 3rd, and they've made 29 of those. No doubt Phil Jackson will come out and say something to the media about the refs again.

Like I said about a week ago, I think the Thunder can win this series. Game 5 is going to be very crucial.

I can't imagine if the Thunder sign Bosh or even Haywood. They have 3 draft picks from 21-32 that they can keep on rookie contracts for several years as they re-sign Durant, Westbrook etc. Their future is ridiculous. Westbrook-Durant has a chance to be a Stockton-Malone type duo.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)
I can't imagine if the Thunder sign Bosh or even Haywood. They have 3 draft picks from 21-32 that they can keep on rookie contracts for several years as they re-sign Durant, Westbrook etc. Their future is ridiculous. Westbrook-Durant has a chance to be a Stockton-Malone type duo.

My problem is while I like the Thunder, I also can't stand them for how they just left Seattle high and dry.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)

I was going to post something similar. The rest of the west (and the league for that matter) is being put on notice. The Thunder have arrived and they're not going anywhere for quite a while. But it all begins/ends with Durant. He wasn't supposed to be THIS good THIS fast. And Westbrook is not of this universe. He makes prime Kevin Johnson look slow. Fisher better hire somebody to pull a Nancy Kerrigan on Westbrook.

Fisher always looks terrible against quick PG's though, and that was the matchup that the Thunder were always going to exploit in this series.

That said if the Lakers bigs don't get their act together, they're in trouble, big trouble.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
Yes they are.

Already at the line 32 times before the end of the 3rd, and they've made 29 of those. No doubt Phil Jackson will come out and say something to the media about the refs again.

Like I said about a week ago, I think the Thunder can win this series. Game 5 is going to be very crucial.

And like I said when you predicted this, I will give you instant props if this happens, though I did agree with you as I did say this series could go 7 games. (though I still had the Lakers winning)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 11:32 PM)
I was going to post something similar. The rest of the west (and the league for that matter) is being put on notice. The Thunder have arrived and they're not going anywhere for quite a while. But it all begins/ends with Durant. He wasn't supposed to be THIS good THIS fast. And Westbrook is not of this universe. He makes prime Kevin Johnson look slow. Fisher better hire somebody to pull a Nancy Kerrigan on Westbrook.

Eh, I would wait a little before I crown them. For Durant, he was always supposed to be an instant superstar since he was in high school. Then they made that rule change regarding playing at least one year college ball. He's certainly a heck of a talent. With that said, the Blazers looked promising as soon as they drafted Oden and had all these lottery picks already on the team and people were ready to give them the West for the next 10 years. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. We'll see what happens. I really really like the team and hope they do end up winning a championship in that town as they have some of the best basketball fans in the world.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 09:41 AM)
Eh, I would wait a little before I crown them. For Durant, he was always supposed to be an instant superstar since he was in high school. Then they made that rule change regarding playing at least one year college ball. He's certainly a heck of a talent. With that said, the Blazers looked promising as soon as they drafted Oden and had all these lottery picks already on the team and people were ready to give them the West for the next 10 years. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. We'll see what happens. I really really like the team and hope they do end up winning a championship in that town as they have some of the best basketball fans in the world.

I didn't crown anybody. I said they're here and they'll be around for a while. And no, Lebron, Duncan, Shaq were supposed to be instant superstars. Many thought Durant would be pretty good right away. Not challenging for best player in the league, MVP status before his third year is even up. And I agree with you about the Blazers. Oden is a mega wildcard. If he's healthy and plays up to what his massive potential was supposed to be, along with arguably the best SG in the league (Kobe's on the decline. Roy might be better than Wade), you have the makings of something really special.