NBA playoffs thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 9, 2010 -> 02:46 AM)
Carlos Boozer sucks. He is completely incompetent defensively and doesn't finish worth a damn against good interior defenders.

And is such a huge ball hog! This game tonight has been great.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 8, 2010 -> 09:53 PM)
Wow Utah gets away with an obvious foul and gets the ball back.

Fisher had a terrible non call with a minute left in the game while Boozer was going up for a shot. But he probably would've missed the free throws anyway.

JJ makes noises bout leavin Atlanta after yet another blowout, possibly good news for the Bulls;

Joe Johnson snubbed Hawks fans after the team was booed throughout a lopsided home loss on Saturday.

"They don't bother me," Johnson said. "It’s about us in this locker room. We could care less if they showed up or not." JJ shot 3-of-15 from the field and his future with the Hawks looks a lot cloudier after this postseason meltdown. To make things worse for Atlanta, Al Horford openly questioned his teammates' effort and coach Mike Woodson said "We didn't compete."

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 9, 2010 -> 02:29 AM)
JJ makes noises bout leavin Atlanta after yet another blowout, possibly good news for the Bulls;

f*** that, if he is going to disappear in the playoffs and then act like the fans can stay home, then he can stay in Atlanta or go somewhere else.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2010 -> 11:15 PM)
f*** that, if he is going to disappear in the playoffs and then act like the fans can stay home, then he can stay in Atlanta or go somewhere else.

After this playoff series, whoever offers him max money gets him.

Wouldn't suprise me if the Knicks do that to save face, after they end up missing out on the likes of Lebron, Bosh, Wade and Amare.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 9, 2010 -> 09:22 AM)
After this playoff series, whoever offers him max money gets him.

Wouldn't suprise me if the Knicks do that to save face, after they end up missing out on the likes of Lebron, Bosh, Wade and Amare.

Johnson would be a great fit in that offense. He's also be nice here with Rose.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2010 -> 10:26 AM)
Johnson would be a great fit in that offense. He's also be nice here with Rose.

Put me in the "I don't want Johnson" bandwagon. I think he needs the ball too much to be effective.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 9, 2010 -> 09:16 AM)
Cleveland-Orlando is setting up to be a great series.

Only two teams worth a crap in the East.

I just hope Cleveland wins today so we can hurry the process of seeing an interesting series.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 10, 2010 -> 03:50 AM)
Wow the Suns sweep the Spurs, every game was pretty close but San Antonio just could never get the big bucket or the big stop when they needed it. Duncan, Ginobili, and Jefferson look old out there.

Tony Parker is also the guard version of Carlos Boozer. He never passes.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 9, 2010 -> 04:26 PM)
Rondo should never of signed that contract before the season. He'd be getting a max deal for sure.

Can't stand him but he has been phenominal in the playoffs every year.

29-18-13 is just sick for anybody, yet alone a PG. 18 rebounds for a PG?! That is Magic Johnson/Jason Kidd territory. If there is a couple of things I want Rose to learn from Rondo (besides his reach around steals, though Rondo's defense is really overrated) it is his playmaking I.Q. and his aggressiveness to get tough rebounds especially with Rose's superior athleticism.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 10, 2010 -> 02:01 AM)
29-18-13 is just sick for anybody, yet alone a PG. 18 rebounds for a PG?! That is Magic Johnson/Jason Kidd territory. If there is a couple of things I want Rose to learn from Rondo (besides his reach around steals, though Rondo's defense is really overrated) it is his playmaking I.Q. and his aggressiveness to get tough rebounds especially with Rose's superior athleticism.

IMO, the best things to help DR1 at this point are: 1. a legitimate coach, and 2., someone for him to pass to.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 10, 2010 -> 07:45 AM)
IMO, the best things to help DR1 at this point are: 1. a legitimate coach, and 2., someone for him to pass to.

The 18 he had was for rebounds, which is what made Rondo's game so sick last night. Im assuming you thought it was assists.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ May 10, 2010 -> 09:33 AM)
The 18 he had was for rebounds, which is what made Rondo's game so sick last night. Im assuming you thought it was assists.

When a PG gets that many rebounds...IMO, it's often a combination of being in the right system to do so and having bigs who aren't doing the rebounding job or who are getting shut down by someone else in the game. I'm not sure I ever look at that as a positive.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 10, 2010 -> 08:34 AM)
When a PG gets that many rebounds...IMO, it's often a combination of being in the right system to do so and having bigs who aren't doing the rebounding job or who are getting shut down by someone else in the game. I'm not sure I ever look at that as a positive.

Well right but you cant take it away from him that his teamates didnt show up, he got the points and did the dirty work and carried them vs the Cavs. Im not a big Rondo fan but last night he was a machine.

Edited by GoodAsGould

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ May 10, 2010 -> 09:37 AM)
Im not a big Rondo fan but last night he was a machine.

Not disagreeing. Just not going to use rebounds as a metric for how Rose develops. With Noah on that team, there shouldn't be more than a handful of rebounds a game that get out to Rose.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 10, 2010 -> 01:01 AM)

Honestly thought you were going somewhere else with that one :lolhitting

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 10, 2010 -> 08:50 AM)
Not disagreeing. Just not going to use rebounds as a metric for how Rose develops. With Noah on that team, there shouldn't be more than a handful of rebounds a game that get out to Rose.

Right which is why I pointed out I think you meant to highlight the 13 not the 18 when you were making your point. Although, maybe once would be fun for Rose to get 18 reboards just so everyone can say how amazing he is.