NBA playoffs thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 21, 2010 -> 04:11 PM)
Never seen Anderson play.

But Henry as a frosh had better 3pt % numbers. I just think Henry has a chance to be a good one.

Keep in mind that the college three is different than the NBA three and Anderson is known to make some deeep ones. No doubt though, (IMO) Henry has the highest potential of any SG in this draft, not counting Turner. (and even some people would argue that)

Edited by SoxAce

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive watched Turner a ton of times, he probably is better today, but Henry only has 1 year of experience under his belt. He also played on a team with more scorers, so it wasnt necessary for him to always be "the man".

I think that in a year or 2 he could really explode, he also is a lefty which tends to give defenders trouble.

Obviously Im biased towards Henry because Ive seen him play. But also keep in mind that I hate Kansas players.

You can't go wrong with Anderson or Henry. I personally like Anderson more because I have seen what he can do against good guards like you saw at Kansas, Baylor, Kansas State etc. He put up around 30 a game against those guys. I like James Anderson more than I liked James Harden last year coming out. Harden was a glue guy for a team, but Anderson can be a go to scorer, even in the NBA. I see the same potential in Henry.

The #2 pick and Brand could be interesting for the Heat, but mainly if they could then package another pick or two and move up for Wall.

Wall

Wade

Raja Bell

Brand

Bosh

That might win a few games.

Then again, Brand getting 17M a year for 3 more years is staggering...

Edited by Palehosefan

For the Bulls' purposes, I think Henry is a better fit. Anderson is a capable shooter with a superior all-around skill set, while Henry isn't quite as adept at taking the ball off the dribble but is a lights-out shooter that can finish. That could be a really good fit with Rose and Lebron/Bosh as a guy that can kill opponents on open threes. My only concern with him would be his capability to guard NBA 2's, he's got the bulk of a SF. I wouldn't exactly complain about Anderson though, he's solid.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 21, 2010 -> 08:29 PM)
Just to show how no one knows where Henry goes

I've seen some mocks with him at #3, but most have him in the early teens, lowest is falling to Bulls.

You should read mock drafts that are written by more credible authors. There's no way Henry should go in the top-5.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 21, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
You should read mock drafts that are written by more credible authors. There's no way Henry should go in the top-5.

Here it was.

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2009/02/mock-draft/

It was one of those things that had a bunch of drafts Top 3 picks.

And now I see it was by NE Patriots draft, and it makes sense.

Bulls chances at LeBron take serious blow: http://www.sportspickle.com/article:924/re...y-doable-knicks

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ May 21, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
For what the Bulls are looking for, I also agree that Henry should be the target. With that said, I think he doesn't last that far down. So next step would be James Anderson or Avery Bradley to me.

Do the Bulls have a 2nd round pick they could use to move up a few slots?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 22, 2010 -> 12:15 PM)
Do the Bulls have a 2nd round pick they could use to move up a few slots?

No, pretty sure they traded that pick for Asik (or maybe it was sent to the Cavs in the Wallace Trade, not sure).

All I know is, they won't have a second round pick the next two years either.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 22, 2010 -> 01:42 PM)
No, pretty sure they traded that pick for Asik (or maybe it was sent to the Cavs in the Wallace Trade, not sure).

All I know is, they won't have a second round pick the next two years either.

I forgot all about him. Is this the year he is able to come over to the NBA?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 22, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
I forgot all about him. Is this the year he is able to come over to the NBA?

Supposedly, I think I remember K.C. Johnson mentioning something about this a few weeks back.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 22, 2010 -> 08:33 PM)
Could Stan Van Gundy get fired over the series if they get swept and blown out?

No way. The last two years have been arguably the two most successful in franchise history. This has been a rather embarrassing performance, though.

Edited by Jordan4life

I speculated it because it could mirror Doug Collins getting fired in favor of Phil Jackson.

Sure, the Bulls won with Collins, but they didn't "get over the hump" and win it all until they got a better coach with a new perspective in Jackson.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 22, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)
I speculated it because it could mirror Doug Collins getting fired in favor of Phil Jackson.

Sure, the Bulls won with Collins, but they didn't "get over the hump" and win it all until they got a better coach with a new perspective in Jackson.

Phil Jackson was a nobody when he was hired by the Bulls. He had only been a CBA head coach before.