NBA playoffs thread

Be interesting to see if Lebron guards him if game 5.

Either way, I don't think the Celtics have any chance of winning unless Pierce can get it going from here, and I don't see that happening. Cavs in 6 or 7.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there's rumors that Mike Woodson could be fired by Atlanta after this series, would he be a candidate you'd like to see the Bulls go after?

He's been horribly outcoached by SVG this series though.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 10, 2010 -> 07:55 PM)
So there's rumors that Mike Woodson could be fired by Atlanta after this series, would he be a candidate you'd like to see the Bulls go after?

Would I? Nope.

Carlos Boozer is one of the worst big men I have ever seen at defending the pick and roll. On the Lakers last possession of the 1st quarter, he didn't hedge, didn't come over to help after Korver got beat and really didn't even stay with Gasol. Kind of just stood in the lane and watched. And the end result is an uncontested dunk for Shannon Brown. Pathetic.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 11, 2010 -> 04:12 AM)
Carlos Boozer is one of the worst big men I have ever seen at defending the pick and roll. On the Lakers last possession of the 1st quarter, he didn't hedge, didn't come over to help after Korver got beat and really didn't even stay with Gasol. Kind of just stood in the lane and watched. And the end result is an uncontested dunk for Shannon Brown. Pathetic.

And simply refuses to pass the ball.

Hmm, the Magic's sweep of the Hawks was the most lopsided in NBA playoff history according STATS LLC.

Guess we proved to the naysayers in pre-season who thought last season was a fluke otherwise. We've won 14 in a row now.

JJ was booed off the court, goodbye Atlanta for him.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 10, 2010 -> 11:18 PM)
Hmm, the Magic's sweep of the Hawks was the most lopsided in NBA playoff history according STATS LLC.

Guess we proved to the naysayers in pre-season who thought last season was a fluke otherwise. We've won 14 in a row now.

I want a Magic - Suns final, and I'm pulling for the Suns since they're my second favorite team and I'd like to see Hill & Nash get rings.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 10, 2010 -> 07:55 PM)

No. He is a step ahead of VDN... but still on the terrible list.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 10, 2010 -> 08:03 PM)

Might be one of the reasons Wade might not want to come here supposedly. He wants to stay far away from that crazy chick as possible. On the plus side, his kids do go to school here.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 10, 2010 -> 10:49 PM)
According to Sam Smith, the other day LeBron was gushing over Taj.

I understand Noah & Rose, but Taj? LeBron must really like the Bulls.

He and Taj are good friends. I think it was just more or less complementing a friend he works out with in the off-season.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 10, 2010 -> 11:18 PM)

Ya JJ wrote his tomb when he ripped the fan-base. No way he re-signs there, and I told you that Atlanta was easily the best match-up the Magic could have gotten. I'm still convinced that if Atlanta played Boston, they probably sweep them or win in 5. Boston got a break playing Cleveland big time.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 10, 2010 -> 11:44 PM)
I want a Magic - Suns final, and I'm pulling for the Suns since they're my second favorite team and I'd like to see Hill & Nash get rings.

If the Suns win a title, say.. Amar'e loves Gragic or thinks he has 2 good years with Nash left to win 2 more titles, I think he re-signs with the Suns and would be a shame cause he has moved up now ahead of Bosh on my personal list to pair with Rose.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 11, 2010 -> 12:07 AM)

Might be one of the reasons Wade might not want to come here supposedly. He wants to stay far away from that crazy chick as possible. On the plus side, his kids do go to school here.

He and Taj are good friends. I think it was just more or less complementing a friend he works out with in the off-season.

Ya JJ wrote his tomb when he ripped the fan-base. No way he re-signs there, and I told you that Atlanta was easily the best match-up the Magic could have gotten. I'm still convinced that if Atlanta played Boston, they probably sweep them or win in 5. Boston got a break playing Cleveland big time.

If the Suns win a title, say.. Amar'e loves Gragic or thinks he has 2 good years with Nash left to win 2 more titles, I think he re-signs with the Suns and would be a shame cause he has moved up now ahead of Bosh on my personal list to pair with Rose.

My list goes as follows:

Lebron

Bosh

Wade

Amare

Nowitzki

Johnson

Boozer

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 11, 2010 -> 12:07 AM)

Then it makes sense, I was unaware they were friends. Start recruiting Taj.

My list goes:

LeBron

Wade

Bosh

[Dirk]

Amare

Johnson

For bench pieces, barring a sign-and-trade, I'd probably just like to resign Miller and add Ray Allen if you can get them for the leftover money.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 11, 2010 -> 12:37 AM)
My list goes as follows:

Lebron

Bosh

Wade

Amare

Nowitzki

Johnson

Boozer

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 11, 2010 -> 12:47 AM)
Then it makes sense, I was unaware they were friends. Start recruiting Taj.

My list goes:

LeBron

Wade

Bosh

[Dirk]

Amare

Johnson

For bench pieces, barring a sign-and-trade, I'd probably just like to resign Miller and add Ray Allen if you can get them for the leftover money.

Haha, alright I'll give guys. Geez, I think my list changes every week as much as my personal coaching preferences. :lol: (Sam Mitchell for example who was like 5th or 6th on my list two weeks ago, has shot up into my top 3 though I don't know if Bosh likes him or not)

Mine is:

LeBron

Wade

Amar'e (goes from 5 to 4 to 3 to 2 each week and each playoff game it seems, just love the Rose/Amar'e duo.)

Bosh (I'm sure Bosh will be ahead of Amar'e once again from me next week :lol:)

Nowitzki (out of all the guys not named LeBron IMO, he is actually the best fit Rose could hope for though the age/years left are a concern)

Johnson

Boozer

Lee (Lee goes up and down too from 6-8)

Get a 3 point sniper or two to help Rose, (Allen, Korver, Morrow/Azimake, Reddick, Miller, Mason, etc..) draft a guy like Henry/Anderson to groom, (unless you get Wade then draft a big man) somehow do a sign and trade Rudy Gay for Luol Deng (though that is a pipe dream for me :D Gay fits waaay better for Rose at an up-tempo game with Gay's superior athleticism and ability to finish at the rim giving Rose easy assist, unless you get LeBron) and call it a hellova off-season.

Oh and this was just posted... Kevin McHale wants to coach the Bulls. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 10, 2010 -> 09:25 PM)
Don't like the picture or don't like the idea of LeBron being a Bull?

I've spent long enough disliking Lebron for being a Cav that I'm not sure I'd like him being a Bull...but mainly, the picture.