NBA playoffs thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 11, 2010 -> 09:16 AM)
all dislike would be out the door the second LeBron slipped on a Bulls jersey. If we can forgive Rodman, we can certainly let Lebron in the door.

I know, I know. Just not sure if I like the way his mind works.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 11, 2010 -> 12:07 AM)
No. He is a step ahead of VDN... but still on the terrible list.

Might be one of the reasons Wade might not want to come here supposedly. He wants to stay far away from that crazy chick as possible. On the plus side, his kids do go to school here.

He and Taj are good friends. I think it was just more or less complementing a friend he works out with in the off-season.

Ya JJ wrote his tomb when he ripped the fan-base. No way he re-signs there, and I told you that Atlanta was easily the best match-up the Magic could have gotten. I'm still convinced that if Atlanta played Boston, they probably sweep them or win in 5. Boston got a break playing Cleveland big time.

If the Suns win a title, say.. Amar'e loves Gragic or thinks he has 2 good years with Nash left to win 2 more titles, I think he re-signs with the Suns and would be a shame cause he has moved up now ahead of Bosh on my personal list to pair with Rose.

I have always liked Amar'e but I definitely would rather pay Bosh than chance it on Stoudemire trying to get paid max money with his play in the playoffs.

Shocked at what Boston is doing to Cleveland at Cleveland. I thought Cavs would at least make conference finals, but doesn't look like it.

I predicted Orlando over Cavs again in conference finals.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 11, 2010 -> 11:11 PM)
He not playing Game 6?

Haha home game. I think there is a very real chance he leaves if Boston knocks them out. He knows he won't be taken seriously in the greatest of all time talk unless he wins multiple titles, and to still be at zero after this year would really have to make him think.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 11, 2010 -> 11:13 PM)
Haha home game. I think there is a very real chance he leaves if Boston knocks them out. He knows he won't be taken seriously in the greatest of all time talk unless he wins multiple titles, and to still be at zero after this year would really have to make him think.

Yeah, I was 99% sure thy guy was gonna stay in Cleveland after this year. However, if they lose in the semis to an aging Boston team, especially with the blowouts there have been, I think he may test his championship chances somewhere else instead.

No way LeBron stays if they lose this series.

If they don't win this year, the Cavs almost certainly won't win in coming years, and that could cause LeBron to leave.

(Hey LeBron, we know you like NY but Chicago is also a big media market, and we don't have a skeleton roster.)

I hate Boston teams, Bruins, RedSox, Celtics (Pats are palatable) but I am going to root for the C's on Thursday night. I really hope LeBron is denied a title for another year. I think if they get knocked out here its going to make for great offseason drama.

Go Rondo? Ok, maybe I won't go that far.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 11, 2010 -> 09:10 PM)
Shocked at what Boston is doing to Cleveland at Cleveland. I thought Cavs would at least make conference finals, but doesn't look like it.

I predicted Orlando over Cavs again in conference finals.

It's easy to forget that Boston is sporting basically the same core that won it all two years ago, and nearly made the conference finals last year despite not having their best player in the playoffs. The Celtics are built for the post-season. I'm not surprised. And with this pathetic scheduling that has teams getting 3-4 days off in-between games, it makes older teams like Boston even more dangerous.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:00 AM)
For me, Wade to Chicago is a better option than LeBron. Even if he isn't as good, there's less trash attitude - possibly cheaper too - plus he'll be back "home".

Common agrees.

Common is well aware of the Bulls’ cap space this summer and he’s got some thoughts on which free agent the team should pursue.

“I believe Dwyane Wade would fit well with him,” said Common of Rose and Wade, who he has known for several years. “Some people say it is two guys who need the ball and they are both slashers, but I think it would be a good threat to have two guys like that. D-Rose is enough of a killer and a passer to be able to keep things smooth between him and D-Wade. I would like to see them get Dwyane Wade and Amar’e Stoudemire. The Bulls would be in the running, man.”

When asked if he had any plans to recruit Wade this offseason, he said he has already voiced his opinion.

“I have put in my vote and word, like, ‘Come on to Chicago,’ but obviously he has to make the best decision for himself and his family and the rest of his career,” said Common. “I’ve been saying we need to have a party and get Oprah [Winfrey] and Barack Obama and everybody to call him and say, ‘Come to Chicago.’”

Funny that he agrees with me on 2 of my personal top 3 that I want. :lol:

QUOTE (knightni @ May 12, 2010 -> 12:00 AM)
For me, Wade to Chicago is a better option than LeBron. Even if he isn't as good, there's less trash attitude - possibly cheaper too - plus he'll be back "home".

He won't be cheaper, has more injury issues, and isn't as good. Lebron is the best player in the NBA and if the Bulls can get them, they should do it at all costs.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2010 -> 09:01 AM)
He won't be cheaper, has more injury issues, and isn't as good. Lebron is the best player in the NBA and if the Bulls can get them, they should do it at all costs.

Just from a business point of view, adding him is worth >$100 million in the value of the franchise almost instantly.

Per Mike and Mike this morning, Broussard feels that if Lebron Leaves, from what he has gathered and from the people he has talked to, Chicago is at the top of the list for Lebron. I still dont buy it but according to Broussard thats what he thinks and has heard. Feels that even if the knicks add a second FA they dont have the supporting cast and Chicago has the big market and players to offer.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:55 AM)
Per Mike and Mike this morning, Broussard feels that if Lebron Leaves, from what he has gathered and from the people he has talked to, Chicago is at the top of the list for Lebron. I still dont buy it but according to Broussard thats what he thinks and has heard. Feels that even if the knicks add a second FA they dont have the supporting cast and Chicago has the big market and players to offer.

looks like some one just got back from real GM

Edited by whitem0nkey

While I don't think he's leaving Cle, I do agree with Broussard that Chicago should be a top choice for him if he does. With the players they would have in place he would have the best chance to immediately compete, probably a strong argument for the LACs as well and Mia if Wade stays (although I don't think LeBron will go to a place with another top-tier superstar). If Lebron is on the Bulls they steamroll Cle this year IMO. Again, I don't think Wade or Lebron are going anywhere, I see Bosh, Johnson and Boozer moving though.

Also, to me if the Bulls are put in the dream situation where they have their pick of Lebron or Wade it's Lebron everyday and twice on Sunday, he's the best player in the NBA

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:55 AM)

:pray

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 12, 2010 -> 10:02 AM)
While I don't think he's leaving Cle, I do agree with Broussard that Chicago should be a top choice for him if he does. With the players they would have in place he would have the best chance to immediately compete, probably a strong argument for the LACs as well and Mia if Wade stays (although I don't think LeBron will go to a place with another top-tier superstar). If Lebron is on the Bulls they steamroll Cle this year IMO. Again, I don't think Wade or Lebron are going anywhere, I see Bosh, Johnson and Boozer moving though.

Also, to me if the Bulls are put in the dream situation where they have their pick of Lebron or Wade it's Lebron everyday and twice on Sunday, he's the best player in the NBA

I've been saying it all along, Chicago is a real legit possibility for Lebron. If Cleveland gets bounced by Boston, I would be willing to bet a TON Lebron walks.

All depends on the coach they bring in.

I am thinking that Chicago is a legit possibility now after what has happened in this series (BTW I thought Boston would be competitive but not to this level), but they're obviously going to have to move Deng if they sign Lebron probably for a 4, which with Deng's contract isn't going to be easy.