NBA playoffs thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
If Bosh and Lebron want to make a deal to play together, they can do so in NY without either having to lose money.

And in NY they don't get to play with Noah & Rose. The whole reason people are saying Chicago is attractive because it has the money, two real nice pieces (Rose & Noah), and a couple tradeable chips or workable players (Deng/Hinrich). Plus there is Taj and JJ.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2010 -> 12:30 PM)
It sounds like it might be Hinrich though. And it is quite possible that if we got LBJ, the 2nd signing would not necessarily be a max guy. It could be Bosh taking a small discount, it could be the Bulls putting together a trade for Jefferson, etc.

Deng is almost necessary to move as he won't have a position if LeBron comes here.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2010 -> 10:51 AM)
Deng is almost necessary to move as he won't have a position if LeBron comes here.

The Bulls could be ok. James can easily play the 4 and the Bulls could have a ton of match-up problems. The team would still have a need for an outside shooter off the bench though. I do think Deng would be a good option to move though for a more natural 2 guard or another big man.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2010 -> 12:53 PM)
The Bulls could be ok. James can easily play the 4 and the Bulls could have a ton of match-up problems. The team would still have a need for an outside shooter off the bench though. I do think Deng would be a good option to move though for a more natural 2 guard or another big man.

Deng doesn't have the foot work to guard a two.

The Bulls do need another sniper for sure, but those aren't that hard to find.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2010 -> 11:55 AM)
Deng doesn't have the foot work to guard a two.

The Bulls do need another sniper for sure, but those aren't that hard to find.

With James playing the 4, Deng would stay at the 3. Noah would guard the premiere offensive big and pretty much no team has two bigs of which would pose any match-up issues for the Bulls. In the case they played a big team, Gibson would get more minutes.

I'm not saying it is ideal, but it is a definite option.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)

If the Bulls sign Lebron and cant get Amare/Bosh in a S&T, would Minny consider moving Al Jefferson. I know he has his flaws, but he would be a low post scorer and being the 3rd option on a team I think he could easily score 18-20 ppg efficiently.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ May 12, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
would Minny consider moving Al Jefferson

I think they would...but I doubt they'd consider moving him for Luol Deng, and we're not going to be able to offer up anything else of significant value.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)
I think they would...but I doubt they'd consider moving him for Luol Deng, and we're not going to be able to offer up anything else of significant value.

Not unless guys like Taj and JJ get talked about too, along with draft picks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2010 -> 12:06 PM)

Talks have happened in the past, but the Bulls are concerned whether Jefferson is the right fit in an up-tempo offense. I'm not sure if the Twolves are still interested in Deng or if they would need draft picks and something else as well. But the Wolves have had past interest in Deng and appear to have soured on Jefferson as I remember reading that they were open to moving him.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:04 PM)
would Minny consider moving Al Jefferson

I would be shocked if we went into next year with Jefferson on the roster. I have a feeling the Timberwolves roster is going to look quite different next year.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ May 12, 2010 -> 01:37 PM)
I would be shocked if we went into next year with Jefferson on the roster. I have a feeling the Timberwolves roster is going to look quite different next year.

They will trade him for sure. Only question is where.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
Chris Broussard just said on ESPN that if Cleveland loses this series that he believes Chicago is his most likely choice if he leaves. . . bulls***? Who cares? Fun to think about.

. . . sigh, a day late and a dollar short. f***ing Jason.

Hell at this point, I would put LeBron at the 2 and not think twice.

Rose

James

Deng

Gibson

Noah

I mean.. it's LeBron James! Give him and Rose some snipers from 3 point range (those two don't need a low post guy, more-so snipers) and you are good to win 6 more titles. Pick two of Allen, Korver, Miller, Morrow, Reddick maybe a defensive stopper in Bell (or keep Hinrich.. ugh) plus your draft pick on perhaps a big man.. wow.

Now.. having said all this, I would rather us trade Deng for a good PF or a good SG in a S&T just because I'm not a Deng fan. :D

Edited by SoxAce

According to Sam Smith, sources around the league are saying LeBron is now taking the Bulls very seriously.

If its a sign and trade, he has LeBron to Lakers for Odom/Bynum or the Bulls for Deng/Taj/1st.

If it's just a signing then he has the Bulls being #1, and trying to trade Deng for a PF.

The second I can, I sign LeBron, then call up the Suns or Wolves, who have both liked Deng in the past. Offer up Deng, a first, and maybe JJ in a sign-and-trade or normal trade for Stoudemire or Jefferson respectively. I lean towards Jefferson, as he would be cheaper.

If they get Jefferson, sign Ray Allen and Brad Miller with the leftover money, then to round out the bench, sign Alexander, Pargo, Richard, someone else to minimums to round out the team.

A starting lineup of Rose/Hinrich/LeBron/Jefferson/Noah with Taj/Allen/Miller coming off the bench would be near impossible for any team in the league to keep up with.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aobt...liersunraveling

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP)—LeBron James(notes) isn’t listening to the nationwide criticism of his listless Game 5 performance against Boston.

Instead, the league’s two-time MVP is focusing on delivering in Game 6 on Thursday night in Boston as the Cavaliers try to fight off elimination and force a Game 7. James scored just 15 points on 3-of-14 shooting in Tuesday night’s 120-88 loss to the Celtics, the largest home playoff loss in Cleveland history.

James chalked up what could have been his final home game to an “off” night and believes he and his teammates can extend the series and their season.

After practice, he was asked why Cleveland fans, who booed him and the other Cavs during the Game 5 debacle, should be confident.

“They got me,” he said.

God let the Celtics win tomorrow.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 12, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
Yes Cleveland, boo the one man who could end your city long drought and help him decide to leave.

Also, allow LeBron to pick his coach.

Lebron was awful last night. He's not above being booed. And no, NO player should ever be allowed to pick his coach.

QUOTE (whitem0nkey @ May 12, 2010 -> 05:41 PM)
well I spent my whole work day reading about lebron from this thread to two others on other forums I browse, to twitter. while streaming sports talk.

so when could we expect to know about lebron and the bulls, July 1st or a few days following it?

I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron dragged it out 3 weeks after July 1, visited with like 8 teams/cities, etc. I just imagine he's that type of person.

That's why I'm so insistent that you sign the first player willing to sign.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 12, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
According to Sam Smith, sources around the league are saying LeBron is now taking the Bulls very seriously.

If its a sign and trade, he has LeBron to Lakers for Odom/Bynum or the Bulls for Deng/Taj/1st.

If it's just a signing then he has the Bulls being #1, and trying to trade Deng for a PF.

The second I can, I sign LeBron, then call up the Suns or Wolves, who have both liked Deng in the past. Offer up Deng, a first, and maybe JJ in a sign-and-trade or normal trade for Stoudemire or Jefferson respectively. I lean towards Jefferson, as he would be cheaper.

If they get Jefferson, sign Ray Allen and Brad Miller with the leftover money, then to round out the bench, sign Alexander, Pargo, Richard, someone else to minimums to round out the team.

A starting lineup of Rose/Hinrich/LeBron/Jefferson/Noah with Taj/Allen/Miller coming off the bench would be near impossible for any team in the league to keep up with.

That's not even feasible past signing LeBron. Deng would have to be traded, but the Suns won't take him because they don't like spending money, and they especially hate paying lux tax. Wolves won't take him, as he's in his prime now and the Wolves are nowhere near ready to compete for even an 8th seed. Last, but not least, his contract is going to look worse and worse as each year. Let's say they will take Deng though. The Bulls would be paying the lux tax without a doubt with either Stoudemire or Jefferson, and they would be paying quite a bit.

Ray Allen will come cheap, but not Vet's exception. Maybe if you get LeBron, trade Deng and/or Hinrich, and go after Allen can you sign him. Brad Miller would almost definitely be gone as he's garnering interest from Houston, Sac-Town and another team I forget.