NBA playoffs thread

Before closing out his analysis of the Chicago professional sports landscape, Guillen ventured into the world of the NBA and addressed LeBron James' future.

"He can't go to Chicago because he wants to be the man and Ozzie Guillen is the man," said Guillen with a laugh. "He's going to be No. 3 there. Lou Piniella is No. 2."

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone posting in this thread not want LeBron on the Bulls?

The guy is a showboating egomaniac. I would rather give it a shot with Bosh or Wade as they aren't so f***ing obnoxious. I wouldn't miss the inevitable, unending comparisons of Jordan-James either.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ May 12, 2010 -> 09:25 PM)

The guy is a showboating egomaniac. I would rather give it a shot with Bosh or Wade as they aren't so f***ing obnoxious. I wouldn't miss the inevitable, unending comparisons of Jordan-James either.

Yes, there are others.

I wouldn't dislike getting LeBron, but Wade is a better fit, IMO.

James is a sore loser, a child and really obnoxious; he's also arguably the best player under 28 in this league.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2010 -> 01:56 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron dragged it out 3 weeks after July 1, visited with like 8 teams/cities, etc. I just imagine he's that type of person.

That's why I'm so insistent that you sign the first player willing to sign.

Remember, there is literally like a 2 week smooze window so he could still meet with a few teams without dragging out the process so to speak. I

QUOTE (knightni @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)
Yes, there are others.

James is a sore loser, a child and really obnoxious; he's also arguably the best player under 28 in this league.

Someone made a comparison to Rodman signing with the Bulls and, really, I don't think it fits. Rodman was known to start s*** on the court and he was a freak in his free time. BUT, you had to respect the way he went about the game -- that was a big part of Chicago fans accepting him. LeBron is probably the best all around player in the NBA, but he can be such an immature b****.

Yes, there are others.

This.

I think about it, and I hate the prospect of LeBrons attitude.

But winning forgives all, and with Rose being 21, Noah being 25, and LeBron being 25, you'd have a 5 year window at least where you could absolutely dominate the leauge.

Yes, there are others.

I agree Wade is more likeable than Lebron by far, but there is no better fit in this league than Lebron because he by far and away is the best player. I have Wade 3rd on my list after Bosh, but for obvious reasons Id be ecstatic if Bulls landed any of those 3.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:25 PM)

I don't think anyone is going to say LeBron is more likable than any of the other guys, but he is also the best man to bring another title to the Bulls.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 12, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
Kobe Bryant was a superior player at 25 than LeBron.

so was MJ.

Lebron scores just as much as Kobe did at the same age, shoots more efficiently, more rebounds, more assists, steals the same, and blocks more. In what way was Kobe superior besides man on man defense.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 12, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
This.

I think about it, and I hate the prospect of LeBrons attitude.

But winning forgives all, and with Rose being 21, Noah being 25, and LeBron being 25, you'd have a 5 year window at least where you could absolutely dominate the league.

Can you imagine how much more unbearable he would be with a few championships under his belt?

It's pretty obvious that LeBron hopes to eclipse MJ one day, so it would be nice if he took a few cues from him. Michael didn't talk himself up in the media. He didn't do little jigs when was having a good game. He didn't go out of his way to disrespect his opponents. He put people in their place by straight up dominating them on the basketball court.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 12, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
Kobe Bryant was a superior player at 25 than LeBron.

so was MJ.

Ah, I didn't realize you were comparing players past and present, or HOF caliber players at the same age. I thought you were trying to say that someone at or over the age of 30 is RIGHT NOW a better player than LeBron.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ May 13, 2010 -> 11:25 AM)

Yes. :D

There's even rumors linking Calipari to Cleveland to replace Brown as a way of convincing Lebron to stay on with the Cavs after this season.

Never thought I'd see Bulls fans rootin for Rajon Rondo also.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 13, 2010 -> 01:26 PM)
What is the Magic situation going into next year? DBAH0?

I read somewhere they could have money to work with. Imagine a lineup of Howard, Nelson, Lewis, Carter and someone else not named Matt Barnes.

Redick and Barnes are both FA's after this season.

I'd say it's likely 1 of those 2 will leave. If Redick gets a MLE offer (which the Bulls could still do after signing Bosh and Lebron for example if they did a sign and trade including Deng) I'd doubt we'd match.

Barnes I'd like to re-sign because he brings a lot of toughness to our team. Something around what Brandon Bass got 4/16 should work for both sides.

We'll try to move Gortat in the off-season, but his value has regressed, but hopefully some team will bite.

Carter's contract expires at the end of next season, so that could be a very handy trade chip.

Otherwise it's business as per usual.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 12, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
Yes. :D

There's even rumors linking Calipari to Cleveland to replace Brown as a way of convincing Lebron to stay on with the Cavs after this season.

Never thought I'd see Bulls fans rootin for Rajon Rondo also.

I knew you would post something like that. :lol:

As a Magic fan, obviously if the Bulls get Lebron they become an instant contender.

If he goes to New York or the Clippers, it helps us naturally.

I can't say though that after what happened with Lebron's lack of class after we knocked them out that a part of me is glad that this is happening to him. Karma is a wonderful thing.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 12, 2010 -> 10:57 PM)
As a Magic fan, obviously if the Bulls get Lebron they become an instant contender.

If he goes to New York or the Clippers, it helps us naturally.

I can't say though that after what happened with Lebron's lack of class after we knocked them out that a part of me is glad that this is happening to him. Karma is a wonderful thing.

Do you think an addition of Wade or Bosh makes the Bulls instant contenders as well?

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:25 PM)

This is what I think. A lot of people "hate" Lebron but if he was on your team you'd love him. As well as all of the stuff that makes him an "egomaniac" etc. all of the other BS that people complain about.

The guy has fun playing ball. Who cares if he has his little routine & dancing & handshakes.

If you wanna stop him from doing it, then beat him.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ May 13, 2010 -> 02:04 PM)
Do you think an addition of Wade or Bosh makes the Bulls instant contenders as well?

Yeah I think so, but I think Lebron obviously makes them a better team than those 2.

Wade obviously needs the ball a lot to score, so it'd be interesting to see how he and Rose would play together.

Bosh is obviously a good fit because the Bulls need a 4 or a 2. But he's not a low post guy, and defense isn't his strength, but luckily Noah is basically the perfect type of center for him to play next to I guess.

Right now as it stands, I think Wade stays in Miami, Bosh goes to Miami to join him or to Chicago, Amare stays in Phoenix after what they've done in the post-season, if Bosh goes to Chicago, Joe Johnson goes to Miami or New York, Rudy Gay gets a max offer from the Clippers and joins them (because they desperately need a 3), Allen stays with Boston for 1 more season, and Lebron goes to New York or Chicago if they get knocked out by the Celtics, or he stays in Cleveland if they make it thru (assuming if the Magic knock them out that the Cavs fire Brown and bring in Calipari to replace him).

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ May 12, 2010 -> 11:11 PM)
This is what I think. A lot of people "hate" Lebron but if he was on your team you'd love him. As well as all of the stuff that makes him an "egomaniac" etc. all of the other BS that people complain about.

The guy has fun playing ball. Who cares if he has his little routine & dancing & handshakes.

If you wanna stop him from doing it, then beat him.

Which is what the Magic do. :D