NBA playoffs thread

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ May 12, 2010 -> 11:11 PM)
This is what I think. A lot of people "hate" Lebron but if he was on your team you'd love him. As well as all of the stuff that makes him an "egomaniac" etc. all of the other BS that people complain about.

The guy has fun playing ball. Who cares if he has his little routine & dancing & handshakes.

If you wanna stop him from doing it, then beat him.

See Pierzynski, AJ.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ May 12, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
Kobe Bryant was a superior player at 25 than LeBron.

so was MJ.

MJ? yes. Kobe? Let me get a hit of whatever it is you're smokin'. That must be some potent s***. Lebron's last two years trump ANYTHING Kobe has ever done over a full season. If you're just talking basketball skills, Kobe's a better shooter. Maybe a slightly better post-player. But that is all.

Edited by Jordan4life

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-sp...,6820249.column

xcellent sources tell us that former Bulls coach Doug Collins would definitely take the Bulls coaching job if offered. Sources, however, also assured us that the Bulls have no plans to consider him as a replacement for Vinny Del Negro.

Reportedly, Collins is very disappointed that the Bulls are not interested. He is considering other coaching opportunities, including the team he played for, the Sixers, who interviewed him recently.

What the **** Jerry, what the ****.

The issue I would have with hiring Collins is that he's been out of the game for so long from a coaching perspective, is he going to be able to handle the ego's on an NBA team, especially if say Lebron came on board.

That and the Bulls aren't considering him because JR would never want to fire him because of the friendship he has with him.

Reading thru a lot of pieces about Lebron right now, a lot of people are comparing him to Tracy McGrady in terms of mental toughness. That when the going gets tough, he capitulates. Doesn't have the focus or intensity to make it out of the post season.

A lot of people are saying that James Anderson is exactly who the Bulls should target at 17 in the draft also. Would be a good fit at the 2 guard spot for them going forward.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 13, 2010 -> 02:50 AM)
Reading thru a lot of pieces about Lebron right now, a lot of people are comparing him to Tracy McGrady in terms of mental toughness. That when the going gets tough, he capitulates. Doesn't have the focus or intensity to make it out of the post season.

I think that was said about the Bulls a lot under Collins/after the 'Stons beatdowns.

Anyone who says they "wouldn't want" LBJ is an idiot, sorry.

"I don't want the 25 year old - best player in the game on my team because I'm angry he celebrates" Read that out loud.

You also must not have watch MJ much as he talked s*** just like anyone else.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 13, 2010 -> 10:22 AM)

"I don't want the 25 year old - best player in the game on my team because I'm angry he celebrates" Read that out loud.

I will preface this by saying I want LBJ, but this isnt even close to the same thing. MJ talked s*** to his opponent, he didnt dance around and act the fool after shots. MJ was all about domination, at this point LBJ is somewhat about domination, but also he is about facetime on ESPN.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 13, 2010 -> 04:22 PM)

Agreed, I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 13, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)
Completely agree. I'm stunned and speechless. LBJ is the best player in the league by a wide margin.

If you get him on your team, you automatically become an NBA title contender. I guarantee that if Chris Bosh is the only player the Bulls sign this offseason, fans will be very disappointed with him in no time. He's from the Carlos Boozer school of no passing and no defense.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 13, 2010 -> 10:25 AM)
I will preface this by saying I want LBJ, but this isnt even close to the same thing. MJ talked s*** to his opponent, he didnt dance around and act the fool after shots. MJ was all about domination, at this point LBJ is somewhat about domination, but also he is about facetime on ESPN.

So the most recognized athlete on earth didn't get face time? Yeah he didn't do the pre-game antics, but to say MJ didn't showboat on the court is ridiculous.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2010 -> 09:02 AM)
If you get him on your team, you automatically become an NBA title contender. I guarantee that if Chris Bosh is the only player the Bulls sign this offseason, fans will be very disappointed with him in no time. He's from the Carlos Boozer school of no passing and no defense.

Bosh makes the Bulls significantly better but he isn't on the same wave length as LBJ. Hell, Wade isn't even near the option LBJ is. Wade isn't as good of a player and the fact that he also has an injury history makes him even worse of an option. Clearly I wouldn't cringe at the thought of either of them, but LBJ >>>> EVERYONE ELSE IN THE NBA.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 13, 2010 -> 10:58 AM)
Completely agree. I'm stunned and speechless. LBJ is the best player in the league by a wide margin.

While I do believe he's probably the best player in the NBA, it is not "by a wide margin" when you consider some other comparable star players.

Kevin Durant?

Kobe Bryant?

Carmelo Anthony?

You think he is better than those guys by a wide margin?

Edited by IamtheHBOMB

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ May 13, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)
While I do believe he's probably the best player in the NBA, it is not "by a wide margin" when you consider some other comparable star players.

Kevin Durant?

Kobe Bryant?

Carmelo Anthony?

You think he is better than those guys by a wide margin?

Kevin Durant is a freaking ball hog who looked overmatched against the Lakers. I've heard from many places that if the Bulls lose out on all the FAs this offseason, they're going to go balls out for Carmelo. Carmelo would be a great fit with Rose, significantly better than Wade would be.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 13, 2010 -> 11:03 AM)
So the most recognized athlete on earth didn't get face time? Yeah he didn't do the pre-game antics, but to say MJ didn't showboat on the court is ridiculous.

apples and oranges. You go ahead and find something more than his famous shrug (after he drilled all those 3 pointers against Portland) that is even close to what LBJ does. You arent going to find it, because all MJ did was play ball.

And I didnt sat MJ didnt get facetime. LBJ actively seeks out facetime, MJ got it because he deserved it. LBJ deserves it too, but not because he dances around, but rather because he is an amazing basketball player

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2010 -> 11:22 AM)
Kevin Durant is a freaking ball hog who looked overmatched against the Lakers. I've heard from many places that if the Bulls lose out on all the FAs this offseason, they're going to go balls out for Carmelo. Carmelo would be a great fit with Rose, significantly better than Wade would be.

Way off on Durant. He's 22 years old. A scoring champion, and that was his first playoff series ever. He's gonna be dominant for a very long time

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2010 -> 11:22 AM)

If you are a 21 year old scoring small forward leading your team (the youngest team in the NBA at that) against one of the greatest players of all time and his team filled with all star's (and with a couple of the best defenders in the league on him) while shooting 48% over a full season, I don't think you can consider him a freaking ballhog. The guy is going to be a star for a long time, give him a break, they even won 2 games against them. But that's just me

He's actually well on his way to being a better version of Carmelo if you ask me

Edited by Chi Town Sox

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 13, 2010 -> 11:32 AM)
apples and oranges. You go ahead and find something more than his famous shrug (after he drilled all those 3 pointers against Portland) that is even close to what LBJ does. You arent going to find it, because all MJ did was play ball.

And I didnt sat MJ didnt get facetime. LBJ actively seeks out facetime, MJ got it because he deserved it. LBJ deserves it too, but not because he dances around, but rather because he is an amazing basketball player

Explain what it is that LBJ does on the court - during a live game, not timeouts or pregrame- that is so horrendous?

Not to mention it was a different era, I don't see anything LBJ does that offends me and you won't find anyone back then who celebrates like 95% of the league does now anyway. KG pisses me off with his antics, but not Lebron. I'd rather have a guy celebrate than relentlessly talk s*** that he couldn't back up.

Haha, and you can go ahead and keep believing MJ didn't want face time, he didn't build that empire by being reclusive.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 13, 2010 -> 11:41 AM)
Explain what it is that LBJ does on the court - during a live game, not timeouts or pregrame- that is so horrendous?

Not to mention it was a different era, I don't see anything LBJ does that offends me and you won't find anyone back then who celebrates like 95% of the league does now anyway. KG pisses me off with his antics, but not Lebron. I'd rather have a guy celebrate than relentlessly talk s*** that he couldn't back up.

Haha, and you can go ahead and keep believing MJ didn't want face time, he didn't build that empire by being reclusive.

Did you see when Noah got pissed at LBJ during the year? When he hit a shot and ran to the side of the court and started dancing in front of the crowd afterwards with his teammates?

He does that s*** all the time

Hopefully this link still works, I cant see it at work

http://notqualifiedtocomment.com/2009/12/j...howboating.html

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 13, 2010 -> 12:33 PM)
Way off on Durant. He's 22 years old. A scoring champion, and that was his first playoff series ever. He's gonna be dominant for a very long time

I'm sure you could find people saying similar things after Lebron's 2nd season as well. Durant's not built like Lebron, but he looks like he will be a more complete scorer outside.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 13, 2010 -> 11:44 AM)
Did you see when Noah got pissed at LBJ during the year? When he hit a shot and ran to the side of the court and started dancing in front of the crowd afterwards with his teammates?

He does that s*** all the time

Ehh, I figured you were basing your entire argument on that one instance. Whoopdeedoo. He's no different than the other 95% of the leagues young guys that do the exact same things except aren't half the player he is

Edited by Jenksy Cat

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 13, 2010 -> 11:49 AM)
Ehh, I figured you were basing your entire argument on that one instance. Whoopdeedoo. He's no different than the other 95% of the leagues young guys that do the exact same things except aren't half the player he is

if it was a one time instance, then yeah, whoopdedoo. but it isnt. Like I said, I want Lebron, but he earned his rep as a showboater

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 13, 2010 -> 12:54 PM)
he earned his rep as a showboater

And, IMO, this is why I expect him to take 3+ weeks making his decision on where to go this summer. Because he'll be the #1 story on sports news for 3+ weeks.

"Today, Lebron's plane flew over Dallas, and Lebron looked out the window. Could a Cuban/James matchup be in the works?"