NBA playoffs thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 13, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
For all we know, next season Rajon Rondo might be the best PG in the NBA (if he improves his shooting in the summer like he's doing out of nowhere in the playoffs now), so you really can't predict what could be.

So we're only talking past accomplishments?

I'll take Jordan then.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 13, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
I always want to say Deron Williams deserves more credit than he gets as a player, but I worry i'm just being biased since he went to Illinois.

Like I said earlier, many would argue Deron passed up CP3 this season. I actually would put Deron slightly ahead of Paul (that probably will change next season though as CP3 will do his thing) but as of today, yes I think Deron is the best PG in the NBA.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 13, 2010 -> 03:26 PM)
Aren't we talking for like next season? If Durant was already better than Kobe this year, why would that change next year when Durant is 22 (think about that) and Kobe is 32? (with 14 NBA seasons under his belt, including tons of postseason games)

I get what you're saying. I just can't bring myself to take Durant over Kobe. Even at this point.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 13, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
I always want to say Deron Williams deserves more credit than he gets as a player, but I worry i'm just being biased since he went to Illinois. I also think Carmelo Anthony deserves more credit than he gets too. You can't hold his defense against him, and ignore the defense of Kevin Durant (although Durant could still improve on defense, and he did show some things against the Lakers, whereas I doubt Carmelo does.) Rajon Rondo is a guy that deserves more love now too IMO, as much as I hate Rondo and the old guys in Boston are playing well right now, Rondo is awesome.

Deron Williams is one of the 10 best players in basketball. You're not being biased at all.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 13, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)
So i just heard a bs teaser on ESPN1000 from Mike and Mike about "how it looks more and more like LBJ is coming to Chicago".....anyone heard of this or is it just standard bs from a radio show?

standard bs

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 13, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
So i just heard a bs teaser on ESPN1000 from Mike and Mike about "how it looks more and more like LBJ is coming to Chicago".....anyone heard of this or is it just standard bs from a radio show?

Rather than saying "Scroll back through the last 6 pages of this thread", try the shorter Talkbulls thread.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 13, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
Like I said earlier, many would argue Deron passed up CP3 this season. I actually would put Deron slightly ahead of Paul (that probably will change next season though as CP3 will do his thing) but as of today, yes I think Deron is the best PG in the NBA.

I'd agree that CP3 was passed by Williams this season, although that could change next season, which is why I pointed out that I thought CP3 as the #3 player in the league was a bit odd and started up this whole threadjacking.

I'm not sure anybody really has any idea what LeBron (or any other free agent for that matter) is actually going to do. People are just kind of adding together circumstantial evidence and guessing what people will do based on that. The only thing we do know is that Chicago is an attractive destination for somebody if they do want to leave their current team, which is why this summer is going to be interesting.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 13, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
They might want to let LeBron finish the playoffs first before all this talk. They are acting like the Celtics already won the series. For all we know, this will go back to Cleveland in the next couple of days.

You know who else might well be sick of all the talk being about "What happened to James, where is James going to wind up?"

The Celtics.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
I'd agree that CP3 was passed by Williams this season, although that could change next season, which is why I pointed out that I thought CP3 as the #3 player in the league was a bit odd and started up this whole threadjacking.

It is odd. Whomever said he was the 3rd best player right now in the NBA doesn't know basketball.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 13, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
Thanks. Standard BS i guess

It could be more than that, and frankly there's probably something to it with how it's been linked and written...but there's a long way to go. He could be 99% sure that he's going to Chicago today, then the Cavs could win their next 10 straight or the Bulls could decide "You know who looks like a great coach? Vinny Del Negro. And he even has playoff experience!"

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 13, 2010 -> 12:32 PM)
I get what you're saying. I just can't bring myself to take Durant over Kobe. Even at this point.

For one game, I'm taking Kobe over Durant. If we are talking about who I'd sign as a FA if both were out there right now, it would be Durant.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 13, 2010 -> 03:49 PM)
For one game, I'm taking Kobe over Durant. If we are talking about who I'd sign as a FA if both were out there right now, it would be Durant.

Well that's easy. Kobe is 10 years older. By that logic if I had to choose between Grant Hill and MJ in 1998 I'd no doubt go with Grant Hill. Kobe's still a better player than Durant, IMO.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 13, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
Well that's easy. Kobe is 10 years older. By that logic if I had to choose between Grant Hill and MJ in 1998 I'd no doubt go with Grant Hill. Kobe's still a better player than Durant, IMO.

Haha, I was thinking Jason Kidd (or Steve Nash) vs Derrick Rose in that instance. One game.. no doubt Kidd, sign in FA... no doubt Rose though I still think Kidd is just ridiculous still at age 36.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 13, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)

I really don't like him all that much but I'd still take Nash over Deron. Dwill has never done it for me. Give me CP3, Nash, Rose, and Rondo over him.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 13, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
I really don't like him all that much but I'd still take Nash over Deron. Dwill has never done it for me. Give me CP3, Nash, Rose, and Rondo over him.

Bulls homer itt

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 13, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)

I agree, Kobe is a better player.

My list would go something like this:

1. LBJ

2. Kobe Bryant

3. Dwayne Wade

4. Carmelo Anthony

5. Kevin Durant

6. Dwight Howard (without foul troubles I'd move him up)

7. Steve Nash

8. Deron Williams

9. Paul Gasol

10. Chris Bosh

11 ettc. CP3/Duncan/Someone I probably forgot.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 13, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)

There are so many things wrong here I don't know where to start. Haha.. well I'll just politely say that if you think this, than Deron Williams is STILL underrated, sadly.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 13, 2010 -> 04:06 PM)
There are so many things wrong here I don't know where to start. Haha.. well I'll just politely say that if you think this, than Deron Williams is STILL underrated, sadly.

Nash and CP3 are currently better than Williams and Rose and Rondo are younger and will soon pass him IMO.