NBA playoffs thread

It's almost impossible to argue Chris Paul vs. Deron Williams. They are almost identical in production. But I give Paul the slight edge in defense and shooting. Deron Williams is definitely a top 10 candidate though, as is Carmelo if I expanded my list.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 13, 2010 -> 04:11 PM)
Nash and CP3 are currently better than Williams and Rose and Rondo are younger and will soon pass him IMO.

You give the "younger" argument in Rose and Rondo yet you put the older Nash over Deron when comparing both of them in numbers Deron trumps Nash over every statistical category minus one less assist a game and is like 10 years younger? Hell Nash has the better player in Stat (and better supporting cast) over Booz. C'mon KC.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 13, 2010 -> 04:26 PM)
It's almost impossible to argue Chris Paul vs. Deron Williams. They are almost identical in production. But I give Paul the slight edge in defense and shooting. Deron Williams is definitely a top 10 candidate though, as is Carmelo if I expanded my list.

Ya you really can't. The only reason I gave Williams the edge cause he upped his game and CP3 was injured this season. (not to mention his backup actually had very good numbers in the same system) Usually I'm taking CP3 most of the time over Deron, but as of this season.. Deron passed him up, though that could change next season.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 13, 2010 -> 01:26 PM)

I only put Deron over Paul because of Pauls recent injuries. Prior to this year, I would have had Paul over Deron and Nash. Right now I have Nash over all, but that is probably partly because of the system he plays in. Such a f***ing amazing passer and dynamic player though. The way he makes guys better is just ridiculous.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 13, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
You give the "younger" argument in Rose and Rondo yet you put the older Nash over Deron when comparing both of them in numbers Deron trumps Nash over every statistical category minus one less assist a game and is like 10 years younger? Hell Nash has the better player in Stat (and better supporting cast) over Booz. C'mon KC.

You have a point there. I should have worded it differently. I would take Nash or Paul for one season right now. In the next 5-10 years I'd rather have Rose, Rondo, or Paul. Doesn't mean I don't think Williams is a good player. He's the number 3 PG in the game right now.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 13, 2010 -> 04:53 PM)
LOL at Rondo over Deron. Not even close.

I don't see why this is so funny. Rondo is legit. I hate the guy, but he can seriously play. He scored 5 less a game, .5 of an assist less, plays better D, shot a higher pct. from the field, better rebounder even though hes 2 inches shorter. I think an argument could be made that in two years time Rondo can be better than D-Will.

Edited by kjshoe04

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ May 13, 2010 -> 11:18 AM)
While I do believe he's probably the best player in the NBA, it is not "by a wide margin" when you consider some other comparable star players.

Kevin Durant?

Kobe Bryant?

Carmelo Anthony?

You think he is better than those guys by a wide margin?

Kobe is the only one of those three that is in the conversation right now. Maybe soon Durant will be if he learns to play any defense.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ May 13, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
This is what I think. A lot of people "hate" Lebron but if he was on your team you'd love him. As well as all of the stuff that makes him an "egomaniac" etc. all of the other BS that people complain about.

The guy has fun playing ball. Who cares if he has his little routine & dancing & handshakes.

If you wanna stop him from doing it, then beat him.

The thing is, he does all that, and he hasn't won s*** yet.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 13, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
At least he's half right. And lol@the Cavs.

About Jordan yeah. Everything else makes me think he's been eating shrooms or something. Yes LeBron is a douchebag. I don't care, I don't get attached to players like that and I'm a total hypocrite about it if the team is winning.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 13, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)
Well now I remember why I dont really enjoy the NBA. The calls for Boston are so blatant its hard to even watch.

Yeah, these last 5 minutes have been absolutely ridiculous. Mauled on one end = fast break on the other. At LEAST 5 straight trips.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 14, 2010 -> 03:44 AM)
Yeah, these last 5 minutes have been absolutely ridiculous. Mauled on one end = fast break on the other. At LEAST 5 straight trips.

Which is strange, as you would have thought the NBA would want a game 7. The Cavs have just sucked for most of this series, as they're not even coming close on their jump shots.