NBA playoffs thread

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 13, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)
lol reply to me on FB to a guy who said (paraphrasing) "f*** LeBron we want Bosh"

And @ keith get off dat losers nut sack we want CB4 he's a better pick up for da bulls everybody who's a real bulls fan knows dis man

lol. Sorry but no.

Everybody I know in CHICAGO wants LeBron. Chris Broussard live on ESPN now hyping the LeBron to Bulls talk, praising our team and putting up ideas for a S&T to get Deng out of here.

Edited by SoxAce

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 13, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
Everybody I know in CHICAGO wants LeBron. Chris Broussard live on ESPN now hyping the LeBron to Bulls talk, praising our team and putting up ideas for a S&T to get Deng out of here.

I just saw this. I'd die from joy to get Luol out of town, especially for another big piece.

Quick question: Lets say theres a sign-and-trade for Bosh for Taj & Kirk, does his lack of D, losing Taj & Kirk's D, taking up remaining cap for bench pieces (a sniper?) get balanced out by his scoring? Plus, that would move LeBron to SG, but that doesn't matter.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 14, 2010 -> 03:47 AM)
I just saw this. I'd die from joy to get Luol out of town, especially for another big piece.

Quick question: Lets say theres a sign-and-trade for Bosh for Taj & Kirk, does his lack of D, losing Taj & Kirk's D, taking up remaining cap for bench pieces (a sniper?) get balanced out by his scoring? Plus, that would move LeBron to SG, but that doesn't matter.

If you can get LeBron to team with Bosh, Noah, and Rose, you trade everyone and your mother. You have those 4 on your team, and J. Pargo can be your starting sg.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 13, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)

Well a S&T for Bosh for Taj and Kirk would be hard to do cause IMO Bosh gets the max. Now having said that, I'm all for moving Kirk cause I just hate his game, but I would think Deng would be the first to go even though I would not mind LeBron at SG but I feel this team would benefit more with a sniper as a SG rather than an ISO guy (like a Joe Johnson for example) unless your getting a PF who can shoot and stretch the floor. (i.e. a Troy Murphy, David Lee, etc..) Now if Gar and company think LeBron and Deng will fit than by all means, but Deng seriously needs to be more consistent in his shooting by next season.

Wilbon slamming Cleveland right now, saying "EVEN THE CLIPPERS would be better for a title pursuit.

This blow will be the most franchise crippling ever since the Bulls Dismantling.

Also, for the crazy trade scenario if you can't get a sniper like Allen.

Deng for Ben Gordon.

I miss Ben :(.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 13, 2010 -> 11:06 PM)
James having his conference now. He looks disappointed (in both himself and the team) and drained.

I really believe he is going to leave Cleveland, hopefully to Chicago but I am willing to bet anything he won't be a Cav next season.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ May 14, 2010 -> 12:35 AM)
I wonder what the TV numbers were for tonight. With Chicago, NY, NJ, and LA all hoping the Cavs lose you'd have to imagine the TV numbers rivaled a NBA finals game.

lol, seriously

Also: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id...-3-gms-think-so

It's kind of hard to process what that lineup would actually be able to accomplish if this were to happen... that's not just a contender, that would be comparable to the 80s Celtics, Magic's Lakers, and 90s Bulls. This would lock up the East for the Bulls until about 2017 and then when the players get older it might get competitive again. It'd be like playing the Eastern All-Stars.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 13, 2010 -> 11:40 PM)
lol, seriously

It's kind of hard to process what that lineup would actually be able to accomplish if this were to happen... that's not just a contender, that would be comparable to the 80s Celtics, Magic's Lakers, and 90s Bulls. This would lock up the East for the Bulls until about 2017 and then when the players get older it might get competitive again. It'd be like playing the Eastern All-Stars.

It wouldn't even be fair. They could match the Bulls single season record.

If there is anything the NBA has taught me in the last couple years it is that the league really is superstar-driven. I NEVER thought that KG/Allen/Pierce would work, but what do ya know, it did.

Rose/ANYONE/Lebron/Bosh/Noah WILL win multiple championships. And honestly, a guy like Kirk would be the perfect SG in a lineup like that. Boosts the defense, and chances are no one will give a crap about him offensively so he can stand behind the 3 pt line and enjoy the immense number of open shots.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 13, 2010 -> 11:40 PM)
lol, seriously

Please make this happen somehow.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 13, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
Mike Brown should be fired... seriously. He really is a terrible coach. LeBron can make anyone look good, but even he can take you so far.

LeBron put up 27-19-10 tonight and still couldn't win. He really has to leave there and their management should be ashamed for not getting Amar'e cause of friggin J.J. Hickson.

Now that I disgustingly rooted for the Celtics, I've never been a bigger Magic fan. Go Magic!! (and DBAH0.. :D) Then when the Lakers take the title again, I'll be glued in to free agency. :)

So it's really true? There's got to be more to it. I remember hearing this back in February but I refused to believe it was that simple. If so, Lebron is an idiot if he resigns.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)
So it's really true? There's got to be more to it. I remember hearing this back in February but I refused to believe it was that simple. If so, Lebron is an idiot if he resigns.

That was really it, and because they liked how Jamison could shoot threes.

Anyone catch Kevin Garnett's comments? Basically said if he was in LeBron's shoes, he would leave. Loyalty can only take you so far, as can youth and other stuff to that effect.

EDIT: found it.

Kevin Garnett has gone through free agency before and he issued some advice to LeBron James, who will hit the market this summer, after Boston's series-clinching win over Cleveland on Thursday night.

"Honestly, he's gonna have to make a decision on not just him, but his family and his future," Garnett said when asked in his postgame press conference what LeBron would have to deal with.

"Loyalty is something that hurts you at times because you can't get youth back. I can honestly say that if I can go back and do my situation over, knowing what I know now with this organization, I'd of done it a little sooner.

"But I don't know what's going through his mind. He's a different individual, I haven't spoken to him or anything but the world is his. Whatever he wants it to be, whatever decisions he makes is probably gonna be best for him, not only him, but him and his family."

Garnett signed a six-year, $126 million deal with the Timberwolves, who drafted him back in 1995, during the 1997-98 season.

After a few frustrating seasons in Minnesota, he was traded to Boston in 2007 and won his first NBA title the very next season.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2010 -> 12:15 AM)
Lebron+Amare=the next 4 or 5 championships. If I'm Lebron, that's the final straw for me.

It was BHOTGDHNDS (Bulls Hold Onto Gordon-Deng-Hinrich-Noc-Duhon Syndrome). The difference is all 5 of those players were better (at the time) than Hickson (is now), and would have been traded for pieces to possibly contend, while the Cavs would have done just as you said.

Now ESPN is interviewing Cavs fans.

One says he's gonna stay due to unfinished business, while another's gut feeling is he will leave.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)

Cleveland basically went for Jamison over Amare because they thought that Jamison would be a much better matchup at the 4 spot against Rashard Lewis when they would meet in the conference finals.

The problem was, they never made it there, and KG took advantage of Jamison's lousy defense.

Now Cleveland's stuck with his contract for another 2 seasons.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 14, 2010 -> 12:44 AM)
Cleveland basically went for Jamison over Amare because they thought that Jamison would be a much better matchup at the 4 spot against Rashard Lewis when they would meet in the conference finals.

The problem was, they never made it there, and KG took advantage of Jamison's lousy defense.

Now Cleveland's stuck with his contract for another 2 seasons.

That was the huge flaw in the Cavs plan.

They only planned for the Magic, and no one else.

He almost has to leave, because its not like Cleveland can really get that much better if he stays.. he will have a max deal and then Jamison is not going anywhere for a couple years..

If he wants to win a Championship right now is his best chance of putting himself into position to get that.. and I think signing with the Bulls would be the best choice for him out of everything..

I don't think LeBron could shock anybody with what he does after how the playoffs went, it's all wide open at this point. The most surprising thing he could do I think is stay in Cleveland, but even that wouldn't be a complete shock. I think he's leaving though, the question is where. I'm not a big fan of hiring John Calipari, but if that's what it takes to get LeBron here, send a private jet with a blank check inside of it to Lexington, Kentucky as far as I'm concerned.

I mean from the Bulls standpoint, to me it all depends on whether they could pull a sign and trade to get a 2nd star like Bosh to come in with Lebron.

Because the Knicks can do that, and to me, that's gotta be their whole selling point to Lebron, pick which star you want to come and play alongside you. That and Lebron and D'Antoni have a got a pretty good relationship (although D'Antoni's stock is probably at an all time low now especially considering what Alvin Gentry has done in Phoenix).

But if neither team can sign a 2nd max player, I think at least the Bulls have the advantage over the Knicks definitely when it comes to talent on the roster.

Cleveland pretty much put everything towards winning a championship this season but going after veteran players they thought could put them over the top. Now it's backfired in a huge way.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 14, 2010 -> 12:14 AM)
That was really it, and because they liked how Jamison could shoot threes.

I really cannot remember a player wilting under the pressure as bad as Jamison did last night. He wasn't only missing shots but his shots weren't even close. It was really embarrassing, I hope for his sake he never watches his performance tonight ever ever ever.