NBA playoffs thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 16, 2010 -> 06:58 PM)
Did John Paxson piss in Jeff Van Gundy's cheerios or something?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5193092

Him and his brother have been talking about the Bulls all offseason, and not much good

Jeff Van Gundy saying the Bulls need more than LeBron to be a title contender falls into the same category as Avery Johnson saying that LeBron and Derrick Rose wouldn't be a good combo. That category being neither of them are going to get the Bulls job, so they are trying to talk them down. Once you know you aren't going to get the job, it's all about propaganda.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 16, 2010 -> 07:09 PM)
Jeff Van Gundy saying the Bulls need more than LeBron to be a title contender falls into the same category as Avery Johnson saying that LeBron and Derrick Rose wouldn't be a good combo. That category being neither of them are going to get the Bulls job, so they are trying to talk them down. Once you know you aren't going to get the job, it's all about propaganda.

Who's going to beat them in the East? Boston? Ha. Orlando? Ha. Nobody. There is nothing the Van Gumbys want more than LeBron to go to some place other than the Bulls so little brother still has a shot.

Not hugely suprised by today, even though we were rested, guys like Lewis need to stay in rhythm.

Heartening that we fought back, but for us to have a chance in this series, Howard needs to turn the ball over less, and Lewis needs to shoot a lot better going forward.

Have to win game 2 or we're in big trouble.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 16, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
Van Gundy is spewing crap.

Bulls get LeBron, they are the #1 in the East, and maybe the Magic contest them, depending on what they do this offseason.

And on top of Lebron, if you figure out a way to add a sharpshooting SG, you're looking at a definite title contender. When healthy, they were a 5-seed without Lebron.

Cleveland without Lebron is a fringe playoff team.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 16, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
And on top of Lebron, if you figure out a way to add a sharpshooting SG, you're looking at a definite title contender. When healthy, they were a 5-seed without Lebron.

Cleveland without LeBron is a high end lottery team.

Calipari has stated on Twitter that he is staying in Kentucky next season, but I wouldn't really hold him to that just yet.

The more important thing is this: http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=381195

Apparently Lebron called Derrick Rose after losing to Boston in the 2nd round and had a long convo with him about the potential of playing together. Scoop Jackson confirmed this as well.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 16, 2010 -> 10:57 PM)
Calipari has stated on Twitter that he is staying in Kentucky next season, but I wouldn't really hold him to that just yet.

Apparently Lebron called Derrick Rose after losing to Boston in the 2nd round and had a long convo with him about the potential of playing together. Scoop Jackson confirmed this as well.

This. Is. Awesome.

I know you Bulls fans will be excited to have LeBron if he choses Chicago, and I can't blame you. But if LeBron goes to the Bulls, the Bulls might be my most hated NBA team. But I think that's a price you guys are willing to take, haha.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 17, 2010 -> 12:44 AM)
I know you Bulls fans will be excited to have LeBron if he choses Chicago, and I can't blame you. But if LeBron goes to the Bulls, the Bulls might be my most hated NBA team. But I think that's a price you guys are willing to take, haha.

Frankly...the Bulls should be the most hated team. They should have been the most hated team in the 90's, and the only thing that is keeping Cleveland from being the most hated team right now is the combination of antics of KG and Rondo, and perhaps Kobe Bryant's hotel room escapades a few years ago.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 16, 2010 -> 10:57 PM)

Of all of the things to believe in this world, Calipari's word isn't high on my list. Hell I'd be inclined to believe the opposite.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2010 -> 06:04 AM)
Charles Oakley, who's close friends with LBJ, thinks he'll go to the Bulls or Heat.

Those would be his two best options, imo. Playing with Wade is a pretty damn good incentive if I do say so myself. I could easily argue that the Heat offer the best chance for Lebron to win. Plus they have a much better coach and could always have the option of letting Riley coach again (which might be attractive to LBJ).

Bulls offer a very good chance to win as well and the bigger marketplace. Miami offers the great chance at winning plus a real nice city with much better weather and of course no state income tax.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 17, 2010 -> 09:07 AM)
Those would be his two best options, imo. Playing with Wade is a pretty damn good incentive if I do say so myself. I could easily argue that the Heat offer the best chance for Lebron to win. Plus they have a much better coach and could always have the option of letting Riley coach again (which might be attractive to LBJ).

Bulls offer a very good chance to win as well and the bigger marketplace. Miami offers the great chance at winning plus a real nice city with much better weather and of course no state income tax.

Well, they have a coach. Spoelstra is better by default because the Bulls dont have anyone to compare him with.

Someone on ESPN 1000 was saying that Miami is having a hard time getting good players to come to Miami because it is just too much partying, and the fans dont care about the team

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 17, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
Well, they have a coach. Spoelstra is better by default because the Bulls dont have anyone to compare him with.

Someone on ESPN 1000 was saying that Miami is having a hard time getting good players to come to Miami because it is just too much partying, and the fans dont care about the team

Yeah, I've heard that a lot of people haven't been too thrilled with Spoelstra either.

palehosefan will tell you that Spoelstra ain't a good coach though. :D

If Lebron signs there, Riley's definitely gonna come out of retirement.

FWIW, I think they'll probably end up with Bosh instead.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 17, 2010 -> 09:35 AM)

THat is one thing that Chicago is at the top of this list for. The Bulls are big in Chicago.

I wouldn't say support is exactly lacking in Miami, obviously it's not on a level like Boston, Chicago etc. but if Lebron went there, they'd sell-out that building every night I'd say, especially considering the team hasn't been a contender for a few years now.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 17, 2010 -> 10:44 AM)
I wouldn't say support is exactly lacking in Miami, obviously it's not on a level like Boston, Chicago etc. but if Lebron went there, they'd sell-out that building every night I'd say, especially considering the team hasn't been a contender for a few years now.

Yeah, but there's a difference between selling out the building every night and owning one of the biggest media markets in the country.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2010 -> 08:13 AM)
Of all of the things to believe in this world, Calipari's word isn't high on my list. Hell I'd be inclined to believe the opposite.

I heard on the drive to work that James and Calipari are currently being shopped as a combo deal.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 16, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)

Not gonna lie, after reading the Sun Times this morning I got kind of excited about the idea of acquiring LeBron and then drafting Xavier Henry. Not only is that lineup a size nightmare for some teams, but they have many dimensions of how they can beat you.