NBA playoffs thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 17, 2010 -> 10:16 AM)
Not gonna lie, after reading the Sun Times this morning I got kind of excited about the idea of acquiring LeBron and then drafting Xavier Henry. Not only is that lineup a size nightmare for some teams, but they have many dimensions of how they can beat you.

PG- Rose (6'3")

SG - Xavier Henry (6'6")

SF - Lebron James (6'8")

PF - Taj Gibson?? (6'9")

C - Joakim Noah (6'11")

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 17, 2010 -> 10:15 AM)
I heard on the drive to work that James and Calipari are currently being shopped as a combo deal.

A source is denying it, but I would bet Calipari and his "group" are part of the package with Lebron. I'm betting the Bulls end up with Cal as coach and Lebron on the roster.

If the Bulls sign and trade Deng, I think Miami and Chicago will be fighting for Joe Johnson as their SG.

As for Spoelstra, he is basically a 16 year old kid that was given a Ferrari as his first car. He is a good defensive coach, but he has no clue on the offensive end, and is having trouble in the leadership and in-game strategies roles so far. He will eventually grow into a good NBA coach, but you just can't pair him with 3 max free-agents next year. I hated when Riley stepped in for Van Gundy a few years ago, but I acknowledge the Heat need him as coach for a few years.

I think both Miami and Chicago will end up as major contenders next year when the dust settles. My guesses...

Lebron to Chicago

Bosh to Houston/Dallas

Wade stays in Miami

Lee to Miami

Johnson to Miami

A'mare stays in Phoenix

Boozer to Knicks

Haywood to Knicks for way too much money.

I could see Ray Allen signing with Chicago for 2-3 years.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 18, 2010 -> 01:55 AM)
A source is denying it, but I would bet Calipari and his "group" are part of the package with Lebron. I'm betting the Bulls end up with Cal as coach and Lebron on the roster.

If the Bulls sign and trade Deng, I think Miami and Chicago will be fighting for Joe Johnson as their SG.

As for Spoelstra, he is basically a 16 year old kid that was given a Ferrari as his first car. He is a good defensive coach, but he has no clue on the offensive end, and is having trouble in the leadership and in-game strategies roles so far. He will eventually grow into a good NBA coach, but you just can't pair him with 3 max free-agents next year. I hated when Riley stepped in for Van Gundy a few years ago, but I acknowledge the Heat need him as coach for a few years.

I think both Miami and Chicago will end up as major contenders next year when the dust settles. My guesses...

Lebron to Chicago

Bosh to Houston/Dallas

Wade stays in Miami

Lee to Miami

Johnson to Miami

A'mare stays in Phoenix

Boozer to Knicks

I'd be suprised if Lee doesn't end up with New Jersey myself. They get him, draft Wall and trade Harris for say Beasley and picks which you mooted a few days ago, that should be a playoff team in the East (Wall, C Lee, Beasley, D Lee and Lopez is a pretty nice young core).

Bosh back to Texas is interesting, don't think he'll go to Dallas, not while Dirk is still holding down the PF spot, but if Houston was willing to do a sign and trade with Brooks and Scola, well I'm sure Colangelo would be happy to do that for sure.

Boozer to NY would be hilarious, considering they traded pretty much the same sort of player in Zach Randolph a while back.

1 guy who you haven't mentioned in that list, Rudy Gay I think will end up with a max offer from the Clippers. They need a SF desperately, and they'll overpay to get a good one. Don't see Michael Heisley matching that, considering the financial mess the Grizzlies are in Memphis.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 17, 2010 -> 11:15 AM)
I'd be suprised if Lee doesn't end up with New Jersey myself. They get him, draft Wall and trade Harris for say Beasley and picks which you mooted a few days ago, that should be a playoff team in the East (Wall, C Lee, Beasley, D Lee and Lopez is a pretty nice young core).

Bosh back to Texas is interesting, don't think he'll go to Dallas, not while Dirk is still holding down the PF spot, but if Houston was willing to do a sign and trade with Brooks and Scola, well I'm sure Colangelo would be happy to do that for sure.

Boozer to NY would be hilarious, considering they traded pretty much the same sort of player in Zach Randolph a while back.

1 guy who you haven't mentioned in that list, Rudy Gay I think will end up with a max offer from the Clippers. They need a SF desperately, and they'll overpay to get a good one. Don't see Michael Heisley matching that, considering the financial mess the Grizzlies are in Memphis.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lee re-signs with the Knicks and the Heat get stuck with Boozer.

The Beasley, Jones, + pick trade for Harris would make sense, but I'm not sure how much cap room it leaves Miami for the 3rd max free agent position.

Hell, I'm not even sold that 3 max free agents should be the way to go for Miami, unless it involves any three of Wade, Lebron, Bosh, and Amare.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 17, 2010 -> 01:22 PM)
Apparently James found out before game 5.

This reminds me of the Scottie Reynolds Villanova stories that came out after they sucked it up in the tourney. Another player was banging his GF or something. Those all turned out to be false, as I'm sure all these Delonte rumors will turn out to be as well. Now if they had said Zydrunas Ilgauskas was sleeping with her, that would be much more believable.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 17, 2010 -> 01:26 PM)
This reminds me of the Scottie Reynolds Villanova stories that came out after they sucked it up in the tourney. Another player was banging his GF or something. Those all turned out to be false, as I'm sure all these Delonte rumors will turn out to be as well. Now if they had said Zydrunas Ilgauskas was sleeping with her, that would be much more believable.

It could be, then again you could look at a guy like Royce Clayton, where it actually did happen...

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 17, 2010 -> 01:26 PM)

Boers and Bernsie are going to be talking about it. Bernsie originally dismissed it as a goofy internet rumor, but now he thinks it's legit.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2010 -> 01:43 PM)
There's also rumors that Chris Allen of Michigan St. knocked up a teammate's girlfriend last season, which is why there was so much turmoil with the Spartans.

Oh man, there was a TON of stuff going on behind the scenes with MSU. Trust me on that one.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Palmeiro was banging Sandberg's wife, and that's why he got traded. What happened with Royce Clayton?

Frank Thomas's ex, I believe. Mother of his children.

I believe they were in the middle of the divorce though

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 17, 2010 -> 10:55 AM)

Lebron to Chicago

Bosh to Houston/Dallas

Wade stays in Miami

Lee to Miami

Johnson to Miami

A'mare stays in Phoenix

Boozer to Knicks

I think if Deng is sign & traded it's gonna be for a max guy. So if it were to be the Bulls signing Lebron, I think they do it to get Wade or Bosh...maybe even Amar'e.

I just don't see Joe Johnson as a good option to spend that kind of money on and IMO if you get Lebron & a good power forward this team can win a title with Kirk starting at the 2. Or whoever would come our way in the draft.

You don't need an ISO guy like Johnson to pair with LeBron or Rose, or even just Rose. unless your getting Troy Murphy at PF or Lee, you need a sniper who can stretch the floor for a SG. I like Johnson, but I don't feel he is a good fit for us unless were getting a Dirk Nowitski-like shooter at PF.