NBA playoffs thread

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
How about someone like Dunleavy who will just catch and shoot?

That's exactly what I think we need next to those 2. COuldn't care less about someone creating his own shot, want him to make an open 3 at a high rate. THat's all.

And next to those 2, if you give me a 2 guard who can shoot the 3 at a high percentage, and basically a PF and a C who can play defense, rebound, and control the lane (yes, I'm actually thinkng of Taj and Noah here) I think you've got a roster that can win it all.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2010 -> 06:56 PM)
Am I the only one that forgot about the western conference finals? The playoff scheduling is pathetic. I thought you only got bye weeks in the NFL? I don't even remember what Nash and Kobe look like.

Agreed. It's what happens when David Stern lets $$$ dictate when these games go on.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2010 -> 07:56 PM)
Am I the only one that forgot about the western conference finals? The playoff scheduling is pathetic. I thought you only got bye weeks in the NFL? I don't even remember what Nash and Kobe look like.

What the hell is up with these 3 game breaks? Phoenix is not that far from L.A. at all.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ May 17, 2010 -> 07:56 PM)
oooo what did he say?

Said Mo Williams was "puffing his chest out" ever since he went to Cleveland and hasn't produced in playoffs for 2 straight years. Said Rose ate him for breakfast and Rondo ate him for lunch and dinner.

Always thought Mo was overrated and would rather dance and take fake pictures than win titles.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
T. Moore is a very respected journalist who's very involved with NBA happenings.

He's talking about conspiracy theories in the article though...

About how LeBron requested to change his number for next year.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 17, 2010 -> 09:21 PM)
He's talking about conspiracy theories in the article though...

About how LeBron requested to change his number for next year.

The thing that is really getting me is how many of these articles are outright stating "Lebron WILL sign with the Bulls." If you read the ones regarding the Knicks, Nets, or Heat, they're all saying Lebron COULD go there.

Its weird. But then again, it could just be writers claiming to know s*** that they really dont.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 17, 2010 -> 06:49 PM)
David Schuster just reported on The Score that he has a "trusted source" who says the Phil Jackson to Chicago rumor is more than just a rumor. There may have been some "back channel" communications going on. There is some smoke there.

If the Bulls sign Phil Jackson somehow, I will never doubt them again (at least for 10 years). That takes skill to draw him from the beach, Kobe, an owner who loves him, dating the owners Playboy posing daughter, etc. as Sam Smith likes to say.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2010 -> 06:56 PM)

I won't complain this year, because it helped the Celts beat the Cavs with rest.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 17, 2010 -> 08:04 PM)
Said Mo Williams was "puffing his chest out" ever since he went to Cleveland and hasn't produced in playoffs for 2 straight years. Said Rose ate him for breakfast and Rondo ate him for lunch and dinner.

Always thought Mo was overrated and would rather dance and take fake pictures than win titles.

Mike Brown voice: Mo Williams is better than Derrick Rose and underrated by the entire league.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 17, 2010 -> 06:49 PM)
David Schuster just reported on The Score that he has a "trusted source" who says the Phil Jackson to Chicago rumor is more than just a rumor. There may have been some "back channel" communications going on. There is some smoke there.

What? They were just showing on ESPN earlier that he was leaning towards retirement. It is funny a few days ago I said that it would be interesting to pair LeBron up with a guy like Phil who could push him to the next level. I never dreamed that it could possibly happen.

Pau Gasol is amazing. I honestly think he's one of the top 15 players in the game. Other than being "soft," he really doesn't have a legitimate weakness. You can say whatever you want about Kobe. But Kobe's ass wanted out when they were getting their asses kicked by the Suns a few years ago. It wasn't until the Lakers got Gasol for a used tampon that the Lakers went from .500 to title contender.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2010 -> 04:10 AM)
Pau Gasol is amazing. I honestly think he's one of the top 15 players in the game. Other than being "soft," he really doesn't have a legitimate weakness. You can say whatever you want about Kobe. But Kobe's ass wanted out when they were getting their asses kicked by the Suns a few years ago. It wasn't until the Lakers got Gasol for a used tampon that the Lakers went from .500 to title contender.

I'd say top 10. I think he's a better player than Dwight Howard.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 17, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)
Oh man this is hilarious. Producer/Reporter Justin Weiner of WGN Radio 720 reports that Lebron James was seen house searching in Highland Park.

I almost feel sorry for Cavs fans at this point.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2010 -> 01:15 PM)
I'd say top 10. I think he's a better player than Dwight Howard.

Offensively yes.

I think what Dwight offers on the defensive end though outweighs what Pau offers on the offensive end, and I think most experts would agree with that.