NBA playoffs thread

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 18, 2010 -> 08:45 PM)
FWIW, I still think Turner will be the best player in this draft. And I think Favors has higher potential than Wall.

Do you think the 76'ers trade Iggy, or play small next year? They'd probably put up a decent amount of points with:

Holliday

Turner

Iggy

Brand

Dalembert

Edited by Thunderbolt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 18, 2010 -> 07:47 PM)
Do you think the 76'ers trade Iggy, or place small next year? They'd probably put up a decent amount of points with:

Holliday

Turner

Iggy

Brand

Dalembert

I agree. I like that lineup a lot for them. Very well balanced. Iggy is a touch small for a 3, but he plays like one.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ May 18, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
To get a better team that he can grow with in Cleveland. Similar to Kobe and the Bulls. He may like the Bulls alot and be enamored with them, but he wants to win a championship where he currently is at. Antawn Jamison was a good scorer on a crap team. He should almost never be a number two scorer. Mo Williams is a decent player, but he shouldn't be your 2nd best player. They were depending on an aging Shaq and Ilgauskus. Anthony Parker was their starting 2 guard which is almost as bad as the Lakers at one point having Smush Parker as the starting PG.

What moves could they possibly make they they wouldn't already be trying to make though??

I called the Wizards getting into the top 3.. then called them winning it and my friend was stunned. 76ers are gonna have a great future with Iggy and Turner (who I agree with Slav will probably be the best player in this draft IMO). Poor John Wall. Going to a small market and you have really nobody. I like McGee as a center and Blatche is solid, but that is about it.

W00T at the NETS not getting the top pick! :)

Going to be very hard from here.

Quite simply, Rondo's play is just carrying the Celtics right now. Nelson hasn't shown the form he displayed in the 1st 2 series, and Lewis needs to be a lot more aggressive. I thought we looked better with Gortat and Howard out on the floor instead of Lewis.

Howard had a very nice game, showed he can score well against the Celtics, but the other guys need to step it up.

I think Rondo is gonna carry the Celtics to the title though. I don't see Fisher being able to guard him 1 on 1.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 18, 2010 -> 11:00 PM)

Quite simply, Rondo's play is just carrying the Celtics right now. Nelson hasn't shown the form he displayed in the 1st 2 series, and Lewis needs to be a lot more aggressive. I thought we looked better with Gortat and Howard out on the floor instead of Lewis.

Howard had a very nice game, showed he can score well against the Celtics, but the other guys need to step it up.

I think Rondo is gonna carry the Celtics to the title though. I don't see Fisher being able to guard him 1 on 1.

The Celtics are also one of the few teams that can match-up favorably with the Laker front-court. And Pierce/Allen have a long history of either matching or outplaying Kobe. It's amazing how far the Celtics have come in the last 10 days.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 19, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)
Now that the draft order is set, I'm really hoping Henry falls past the Hornets, because if he does, he will likely last too the Bulls.

Henry or Anderson (who I think fits more with us as a sniper, though Henry has the higher potential) makes Ace a happy camper.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 19, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)
The Celtics are also one of the few teams that can match-up favorably with the Laker front-court. And Pierce/Allen have a long history of either matching or outplaying Kobe. It's amazing how far the Celtics have come in the last 10 days.

I think we'd give the Lakers a better shot than what we did last season, but right now I don't think we're gonna get there.

Rondo is just playing amazing, and he's actually hitting his jump shots, which he couldn't do last season, which makes him a lot more dangerous offensively.

I never counted the Celtics out going into the playoffs, although I knew they were going to play with more intensity and just better than the 2nd half of this season, they've just taken their play to a whole new level.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 19, 2010 -> 12:42 AM)
I think we'd give the Lakers a better shot than what we did last season, but right now I don't think we're gonna get there.

Rondo is just playing amazing, and he's actually hitting his jump shots, which he couldn't do last season, which makes him a lot more dangerous offensively.

I never counted the Celtics out going into the playoffs, although I knew they were going to play with more intensity and just better than the 2nd half of this season, they've just taken their play to a whole new level.

Playing extra games in the playoffs is actually helping Rondo's potential scary as that is. He was not doing this even by the later part of the season. If he keeps this up next year, no doubt he will be one of, if not, the top PG in the game.

He'd also get a max offer as a FA this off-season if he didn't sign that 5/55 deal.

I can see why he took it as his stock was really low after the playoffs last season, but I guess he should have had more faith in himself in a contract year to produce the goods which he has done.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 19, 2010 -> 12:00 AM)

Only reason Howard is scoring is b/c the Celtics arent double teaming him. Playing him straight up is keeping Orlando's 3pt threats from getting wide open shots. The Magic are done.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 19, 2010 -> 12:21 AM)
Henry or Anderson (who I think fits more with us as a sniper, though Henry has the higher potential) makes Ace a happy camper.

Most drafts have either one going to the Bulls, but some have them being taken just barely before.

Also, was it just me or did Jrue Holiday look relieved at getting the second pick and not the first?

Edited by Quinarvy

I wonder if the Wizards want Wall though, they are already paying Arenas big bucks(that they cannot get out of), and they are similar players. Plus, that would be a pretty small lineup if they had Wall and Arenas starting in the same backcourt.

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 19, 2010 -> 02:57 AM)
Only reason Howard is scoring is b/c the Celtics arent double teaming him. Playing him straight up is keeping Orlando's 3pt threats from getting wide open shots. The Magic are done.

The Celtics are daring Howard to beat them and he can't.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 19, 2010 -> 07:30 AM)
I wonder if the Wizards want Wall though, they are already paying Arenas big bucks(that they cannot get out of), and they are similar players. Plus, that would be a pretty small lineup if they had Wall and Arenas starting in the same backcourt.

In the hypothetical world, you deal Wall for a top of the line front line piece that you can stick in next to Arenas, but really, who's going to give something up like that for an unproven draft pick? Especially since a lot of the really top guys are already free agents this offseason. You're not giving up Dwight Howard for him. If you were the Nuggets would you do Anthony for Wall?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 19, 2010 -> 01:42 AM)

They're also healthy for the first time in months.