NBA playoffs thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 27, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)
How about boxing the f*** out when Kobe throws up junk. That is twice this playoffs that the Lakers have won when Kobe took terrible shots and his teammates bailed him out.

Happens all the time in basketball. Players kinda get caught up watching the play.

Phil responds to Wade comments.

Jackson coached the Bulls from 1989-98. He offered a rebuttal to Miami star Dwyane Wade, a Chicago native who likely will be a free agent this summer, having told the Chicago Tribune on Wednesday that the Bulls haven't been loyal to former stars. While Wade was primarily talking about Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen not being a part of the organization now, Jackson said many other players from Jackson's era are.

"(Wade) made some statement about the Bulls not being loyal,'' Jackson said. "However, he forgot that there are about six or seven people there (from Jackson's era) still with the Bulls like Bill Wennington and Stacey King (both broadcasters) and John Paxson (team executive) and on and on, Pete Myers (assistant coach), and so forth and so on. But I guess he was looking at Pippen and Jordan. I guess that was just the front of the Bulls.''

Nice to see Bulls fans on here not wanting Wade now after today. :D

Like it or not, FA's are going to look at how the VDN / Paxson scenario played out, and those type of organzational factors when making their decision, and obviously there are some flaws with the GM / Owner scenario, but you could say that for a lot of teams in the NBA.

PHX deserved better tonight, but they just didn't play well in the 1st half at all. I'll give major props to Steve Nash though, he was superb tonight. Nice to see a little Dragic vs. Vujacic tonight also, those 2 certainly don't respect each other much.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 27, 2010 -> 11:32 PM)
Nice to see Bulls fans on here not wanting Wade now after today. :D

Like it or not, FA's are going to look at how the VDN / Paxson scenario played out, and those type of organzational factors when making their decision, and obviously there are some flaws with the GM / Owner scenario, but you could say that for a lot of teams in the NBA.

PHX deserved better tonight, but they just didn't play well in the 1st half at all. I'll give major props to Steve Nash though, he was superb tonight. Nice to see a little Dragic vs. Vujacic tonight also, those 2 certainly don't respect each other much.

I don't want Wade anyways. He's a guy that I don't think is going to last long term due to all of the punishment he's taken, plus he's a bad guy. Today's comments prove he isn't leaving Miami though (although that was obvious all along), and it's pretty sad he just resorted to flat out lies. Did the Bulls not take care of MJ when they gave him 30 million a year at the end of his career? Did they not take care of Scottie when they did the sign and trade? Or when they brought him back in 03-04 despite the fact he was clearly done? Stupid s*** from Wade.

As for tonight, that's why the Lakers have the rings and the Suns don't. Great teams find a way to win that game, and the Suns needed another play or two to try and move into that category. The Suns got caught watching the ball, not boxing out, AND off guard by the air ball on the last play. I guess one lucky play in Richardson's bank shot deserves another in the air ball leading to a win though. Suns aren't dead yet, they obviously have a great chance at home, and then you never know if it goes 7 (although good luck winning a game 7 at LA.)

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 27, 2010 -> 11:05 PM)
BTW Kobe never makes GW shots in the playoffs.

And he's 5 wins away from a 5th ring while nearly putting up a triple double tonight. He's not Michael Jordan, but he's pretty darned good, regardless of his GW shot resume in the playoffs.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Honestly the Bulls are one of THE most loyal organizations in the NBA in terms of organizational involvement from former players.

The Jay Williams example is also a very good one, and Jay had a few quotes today saying how wrong Wade is.

What a pathetic effort by Wade, who is obviously staying in Miami, to try and deter free agents from signing in Chicago.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ May 28, 2010 -> 02:50 AM)
Honestly the Bulls are one of THE most loyal organizations in the NBA in terms of organizational involvement from former players.

The Jay Williams example is also a very good one, and Jay had a few quotes today saying how wrong Wade is.

What a pathetic effort by Wade, who is obviously staying in Miami, to try and deter free agents from signing in Chicago.

If there's one thing I love about Reinsdorf, it's he is a loyal guy. Sometimes to a fault, but at least he is loyal.

Williams:

"They kept me on medical insurance through surgery after surgery. They showed me the family style that the organization was run by. I have no words to explain what they did for me. I'm thankful to them for the rest of my life."

Bob Love:

"I haven't walked in almost three weeks," Love told the Tribune. "I've been really down. I suffered an acute case of gout that I almost caught too late. I kept hurting and didn't know what it was and I was treating it with the wrong medication.

"Jerry Reinsdorf, (marketing vice president) Steve Schanwald and (legal vice president) Irwin Mandel searched around and found doctors for me. They said don't worry about the costs. Just get me up here walking. (Friday) I'm supposed to be able to get out of bed for the first time in weeks."

"I'm a living example of how wrong they are.They brought me back into the organization and treated me like I was on those championship teams. What Jerry looks at is if you're loyal to him, he's loyal to you. He's no in-between guy.

"He's not all about the players. He's about family and your personal life. He wants you to succeed as a player and a person."

Didn't Frank lose a lot of money at one point gambling, and JR bailed him out?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 28, 2010 -> 06:06 AM)
Didn't Frank lose a lot of money at one point gambling, and JR bailed him out?

We never got all of the details for obvious reasons, but I got the impression that JR bailed him out financially more than once. KW sort of alluded to that stuff in his rant after 2005 when we let Frank walk.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)
We never got all of the details for obvious reasons, but I got the impression that JR bailed him out financially more than once. KW sort of alluded to that stuff in his rant after 2005 when we let Frank walk.

It wasn't gambling with Frank, it was failed business endeavors.

I hope people can now put an end to the hype, and to who STILL is the most athletic PG in the NBA... ever.

Wall's numbers were great: 39 inch vert, 10.84 lane agility, 3.14 3/4 sprint.

Close. Rose had 40" max vert. Ran sprint in 3.05 sec but was 11.69 on lane agility

- Ford's twitter.

And mind you.. Rose is a full inch (actually alittle more without shoes) shorter than Wall is.

EDIT: Some numbers with a few of the PGs/Combo Guards/superstars at past/present workouts.

Name            Height    Wt.    Wngspn    Reach     Fat           
Chris Paul      5' 11.7   178    6' 4.25   7' 9"     -             
Darren Colli.   6' 0.25   166    6' 3"     8' 0.5"   5.7           
Deron Willia.   6' 1.75   202    6' 6.25   8' 2"     -             
Derrick Rose    6' 1.5"   196    6' 8"     8' 2.5"   4.6           
Dwyane Wade     6' 3.75   212    6' 10.7   8' 6"     6.7           
George Hill     6' 1.25   181    6' 9"     8' 1.5"   3             
Gilbert Aren.   6' 2.25   199    6' 9.5"   8' 3.5"   -             
Jameer Nelson   5' 10.2   193    6' 2"     7' 9.5"   6.7                        
John Wall       6' 2.75   196    6' 9.25   8' 5.5"   5.6           
Jonny Flynn     5' 11.2   196    6' 4"     7' 11.5   6.3           
O.J. Mayo       6' 3.25   200    6' 6"     8' 3.5"   6.3           
Russell West.   6' 2.25   192    6' 7.75   8' 4"     4.8           
Stephen Curry   6' 2"     181    6' 3.5"   8' 1"     5.7           
Tyreke Evans    6' 4"     221    6' 11.2   8' 8"     7.1
Devin Harris    6' 1.75"  170    6' 7.5"   8' 2.5"   NA
Jerryd Bayles.  6' 1.75"  204    6' 3.5"   8' 1"     4.7

Name            NS Ver   Max Vr   Bench   Agility   Sprint         
    Chris Paul      32       38       10      11.09     3.22           
    Darren Colli.   30.5     33.5     9       10.45     3.1             
    Deron Willia.   30       35       15      10.83     3.25           
    Derrick Rose    34.5     40       10      11.69     3.05           
    Dwyane Wade     31.5     35       9       10.56     3.08           
    George Hill     34       37.5     9       12.2      3.07           
    Gilbert Aren.   31.5     36       12      -         3.25           
    Jameer Nelson   30       35.5     9       10.66     3.16              
    John Wall       30       39               10.84     3.14           
    Jonny Flynn     33       40       10      10.86     3.23           
    O.J. Mayo       30.5     41       7       11.04     3.14           
    Russell West.   30       36.5     12      10.98     3.08           
    Stephen Curry   29.5     35.5     10      11.07     3.28           
    Tyreke Evans    28.5     34       7       11.81     3.17
    Devin Harris    30.5     37.0     5       11.03     3.19
    Jerryd Bayles.  31.0     38.0     10      11.26     3.07

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ May 28, 2010 -> 02:50 AM)

Yeah I'm not worried about it, because anybody that even does a google search could find just how loyal the Bulls are to former players. It was just an ignorant thing said by somebody who is apparently an ignorant guy, and I doubt it does much.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I was shocked by Ed Davis' numbers.

6'9 without shoes, 31 inch standing vert, 36 inch vertical, 12 foot jump reach height, 3.21 3/4 sprint. :unsure:

If he ever decides to not be lazy, he's got a lot of potential. I thought for sure he would disappoint in the athletic measurements, and boy was I wrong.

PS, I still can't figure out why Craig Brackins isn't getting lotto looks. He's got the size, scoring ability, and athletic ability to be a very good 4 in the NBA.

Edited by Palehosefan

wow SCREW Dwayne Wade, used to be a fan - so did he forget that Pippen was a Bulls analyst before playing overseas and that Jordan actually OWNS a basketball team? Let's see how that would work out being involved in two organizations. What an idiotic thing to say

Edited by Chi Town Sox

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2010 -> 10:07 AM)
He hit a pretty memorable one against Phoenix a few years back. Game-winners or not, he's playing amazing basketball right now.

This year off the top of my head he hit winners against Sacramento, Milwaukee, and Miami. Not sure where 99 is getting that opinion from. Kobe is the man.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 28, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
I was shocked by Ed Davis' numbers.

6'9 without shoes, 31 inch standing vert, 36 inch vertical, 12 foot jump reach height, 3.21 3/4 sprint. :unsure:

If he ever decides to not be lazy, he's got a lot of potential. I thought for sure he would disappoint in the athletic measurements, and boy was I wrong.

PS, I still can't figure out why Craig Brackins isn't getting lotto looks. He's got the size, scoring ability, and athletic ability to be a very good 4 in the NBA.

Might be the 6x 185 bench he threw up.

He didn't look like a star at ISU, but who knows, always thought he had more of a pro game.

And that's it for us.

Rondo and Nate Robinson killed us in the 1st half, Nelson didn't play as well as he did in the previous 2 games and that was simply the difference.

Will be a very interesting off-season for us. I'd be suprised if VC is still on the roster at the start of next season, but he's a big expiring contract and ownership probably doesn't want to be paying luxury tax in the long - term.

Redick I think played himself into a MLE deal in these playoffs. I'd like to keep him over Carter. Trade Carter for Dampier + picks and re-sign Redick. Barnes I think will be back.