NBA playoffs thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to think Hedo rejected a 4/33 deal from Otis Smith last off-season;

Hedo Turkoglu recently told a Turkish TV station that he is actively trying to be released from the Raptors.

Turkoglu was benched late in the season and booed by home fans after reports surfaced that he had been out on the town just hours after missing a crushing loss with a stomach virus. He described the incident as "the most embarrassing moment of my life," and it sounds like he might even negotiate a buyout. "Honestly, I do not want to go back to Toronto," he said. "My lawyers talked to [GM Bryan Colangelo] and I hope that they will come up with a solution soon."

I actually think he's going to try to get back to Orlando possibly.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 29, 2010 -> 10:14 AM)
Yesterday Tim Donaghy was interviewed by WEEI, and he was told who was going to be the refs for last nights game. His response? "Orlando better dust off their golf clubs"

I saw that before the game, but don't think the refs were biased or suspicous last night.

It does irritate me that every time Paul Pierce drive and yells, he gets the whistle, contact or not.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 29, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
And to think Hedo rejected a 4/33 deal from Otis Smith last off-season;

I actually think he's going to try to get back to Orlando possibly.

How could he get a release? No team's going to buy him out for $25 million.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 30, 2010 -> 12:31 AM)
Sitting the Finals out... another Celtics-Lakers series is like watching the Yankees win the World Series.

With the Hawks in the Cup, and the Sox still playing, this series ranks somewhere under what I have on my DVR... Which is a lot because I just recorded the WW in HD marathon lately.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 30, 2010 -> 09:25 AM)
How could he get a release? No team's going to buy him out for $25 million.

Definitely right about that.

I think it all depends on how much Hedo's willing to give up and if the Raptors lose Bosh for nothing.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 30, 2010 -> 11:12 AM)
I hope the Lakers absolutely destroy them.

This.

My hate for Rondo trumps anything I could ever hate for the Lakers not to mention I can't stand Boston teams or their fans. Plus, I still like that Phil Jackson guy.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 30, 2010 -> 01:26 PM)
This.

My hate for Rondo trumps anything I could ever hate for the Lakers not to mention I can't stand Boston teams or their fans. Plus, I still like that Phil Jackson guy.

Yeah, my like for KG has gone away since he got his title, and now Rondo has grown up into a twit...

QUOTE (T R U @ May 30, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
I don't understand how anyone can like Kobe Bryant.. dude is a rapist and a jackass, ill scream if he wins another title..

There's two real jackasses on the other team. Therefore, I must root for LA.