NBA playoffs thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ May 30, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
He certainly bought his wife a big enough ring. No one really knows for sure, except Kobe and the accuser.

Well the ring proves he cheated on her. Kobe isn't a very good or likable guy, but I'm not sure you can call him a rapist when the case didn't even go to trial.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 30, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
Well the ring proves he cheated on her. Kobe isn't a very good or likable guy, but I'm not sure you can call him a rapist when the case didn't even go to trial.

Is OJ a murderer?

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ May 30, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
Apparently you missed the didnt even go to trial part :lolhitting

Roethlisberger didn't go to trial either; that doesn't mean that something inappropriate didn't happen.

(FWIW, I think Bryant brushed up against the law but didn't explicitly violate it, but I wanted to point that out too).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 30, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)
Roethlisberger didn't go to trial either; that doesn't mean that something inappropriate didn't happen.

(FWIW, I think Bryant brushed up against the law but didn't explicitly violate it, but I wanted to point that out too).

Right, thats true I suppose. Although in Roethlesbeger's case it seemed like the DA just didnt have enough evidence to pursue while with Bryant it never got that far.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ May 30, 2010 -> 10:34 PM)
Right, thats true I suppose. Although in Roethlesbeger's case it seemed like the DA just didnt have enough evidence to pursue while with Bryant it never got that far.

That would be what my instincts say about both cases as well, but in neither case can I prove it, I can just guess based on my judgement of the public statements in each case.

But I do have to note I can't prove that Kobe didn't break the law also, and the fact that no charges were brought doesn't mean nothing happened in either case.

Thibodeau update;

The Hornets have begun contract discussions with representatives of current Celtics coach Tom Thibodeau, though it's unclear how close the two sides are to an agreement.

Thibodeau plans to meet with the Nets before the start of the NBA Finals on Thursday, and may also meet with the Bulls. According to the Yahoo! Sports report, "Thibodeau has told confidants the Bulls job is his No. 1 choice." The problem is that Chicago may want to keep their bench vacant until free agency begins in July. One thing seems guaranteed -- Thibodeau will be a head coach in the NBA next season.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2010 -> 12:25 AM)
You guys are crazy. Kobe could have yours, mine or anybody's elses GF/wife if he wanted. He didn't rape that tramp. She voluntarily went to his hotel room by herself late at night for what? Milk and cookies?

I heard he likes to dunk his cookie in her mil---

Nevermind, one string of innuendo is enough for one NBA thread.

You guys are crazy. Kobe could have yours, mine or anybody's elses GF/wife if he wanted. He didn't rape that tramp. She voluntarily went to his hotel room by herself late at night for what? Milk and cookies?

I agree. He didn't rape her. I really hate Kobe Bryant but I don't think he raped that girl. Roethlisberger is a whole other story. I'm not sure on that one because I think Roethlisberger is just really dumb where I don't think Kobe would do that and I absolutely hate the guy.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 31, 2010 -> 01:51 AM)
Roethlisberger is a whole other story. I'm not sure on that one because I think Roethlisberger is just really dumb where I don't think Kobe would do that and I absolutely hate the guy.

I believe TRU said it best that Roethlisberger even has the look of a rapist. I still remember that pic/video with his hair greased up addressing the media about the incident.

Yeah, anybody at a party 3 days after a "rape" bragging and talking about the unit of the "rapist" is really a victim.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 31, 2010 -> 02:30 AM)
I believe TRU said it best that Roethlisberger even has the look of a rapist. I still remember that pic/video with his hair greased up addressing the media about the incident.

Yeah, he just seems like a big, dumb, creep to me.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 31, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
Back to basketball...I got the Celtics in 6, Lakers big men get owned by the Celtics big men.

Rondo schools Fisher, Kobe will be Kobe but it won't be enough.

Lakers in 7.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 31, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)
I like Rose but what a moron...he looks high as f**k in that pic too.

He was drunk I think, and that pic was like 3 years ago. The guy we thought about taking also (Beasley) has much worse pics. Knight is right about the "jackass/star player" thing, though I prefer the term dumbass as I see jackass more as a prick person though thats just me.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 31, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)
He was drunk I think, and that pic was like 3 years ago. The guy we thought about taking also (Beasley) has much worse pics. Knight is right about the "jackass/star player" thing, though I prefer the term dumbass as I see jackass more as a prick person though thats just me.

That picture doesn't bother me in the least.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 31, 2010 -> 11:09 PM)
The issue is the gang sign that Rose is throwing up.

I understand that. I've thrown up gang signs in pictures too, it doesn't bother me. Now if he is out living a gang bangers lifestyle during the offseason that would be a different story.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 31, 2010 -> 11:11 PM)
I understand that. I've thrown up gang signs in pictures too, it doesn't bother me. Now if he is out living a gang bangers lifestyle during the offseason that would be a different story.

Why?

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 31, 2010 -> 10:11 PM)

Your not the only one.. I didn't really throw up a gang sign per se, it was more or less a crew/click in high school (not the skater crew type sign, but close). I know where your comming from on this though, it is just bad for him cause he is now under a microscope for being a star athlete. (right Garnett?)