NBA playoffs thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)
SheWill doing his best Jay Cutler impression at the end of the half. Celtics might as well be losing with how disturbed they look after how the 1st half ended.

They should probably be up 20. They were very sloppy to end the half. And they can't grab a defensive rebound to save their f***in' lives.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
I think you can say he's the best shooter in NBA history.

There's a few to pick from. Reggie Miller is up there considering he's the all time leader in 3 point shooting.

I haven't watched this game much tonight but I see the Lakers have out shot the Celtics by 23 or so from the free throw line. What's up with that?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 09:42 PM)
Terrible coaching by Rivers sticking with Garnett. Rasheed Wallace has played significantly better than Garnett tonight.

He's got as many fouls as points/rebounds combined. You or I could be out there in place of KG and you wouldn't see a difference.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 04:02 AM)
Artest helped them out by going 1-10 or so. He could be the key factor in the series. If he's really on, LA is hard to beat.

Vujacic should have got more time for the Lakers, he was doing some good things out there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
Kobe with an absolute joke of a game. After having 5 assists in the first quarter, he's not passed the ball once in the second quarter and is complaining even more than usual.

There are a handful of Facebook friends I have, total Kobe dickriders, that say things like "Kobe needs more help" and such but they're the same people who were gleefully ripping LeBron a few weeks ago for the same reasons. I like to point out the blatantly obvious fact that Kobe now has Pau Gasol and some guy even said how Gasol has a 0-16 record in the playoffs before coming to the Lakers. lol... the Lakers were barely a playoff team without him, and Kobe's 2008 Finals was just as bad or worse than LeBron's Game 5 this year. I wish people would stick to facts

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 01:02 AM)
There are a handful of Facebook friends I have, total Kobe dickriders, that say things like "Kobe needs more help" and such but they're the same people who were gleefully ripping LeBron a few weeks ago for the same reasons. I like to point out the blatantly obvious fact that Kobe now has Pau Gasol and some guy even said how Gasol has a 0-16 record in the playoffs before coming to the Lakers. lol... the Lakers were barely a playoff team without him, and Kobe's 2008 Finals was just as bad or worse than LeBron's Game 5 this year. I wish people would stick to facts

Kobe has more help than LeBron, but it's simply hard to defend LeBron as the best player in the NBA as long as he remains ringless. Can't be the best player in that league with no hardware IMO (although you would think he'll get some in due time, regardless of where he ends up.)

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
I haven't watched this game much tonight but I see the Lakers have out shot the Celtics by 23 or so from the free throw line. What's up with that?

In the NBA, they call that "Home court advantage".

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 11:03 PM)
Vujacic should have got more time for the Lakers, he was doing some good things out there.

There's a reason he didn't though. Vujacic was bad enough for most of the season that the Lakers crowds, who don't pay all that much attention in the regular season, were booing him every time he'd step on the court towards the end of the year.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 02:34 AM)
Kobe has more help than LeBron, but it's simply hard to defend LeBron as the best player in the NBA as long as he remains ringless. Can't be the best player in that league with no hardware IMO (although you would think he'll get some in due time, regardless of where he ends up.)

That's ridiculous. MJ didn't become the best player in the NBA in 1991. Lebron has been the best individual player in the NBA for the last two years. That is an indisputable fact.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 12:15 PM)
That's ridiculous. MJ didn't become the best player in the NBA in 1991. Lebron has been the best individual player in the NBA for the last two years. That is an indisputable fact.

Its also hard to win a ring by yourself, not even Kobe could do it..

LeBron has had no one, not anyone close to a Gasol thats for sure..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 12:18 PM)
Its also hard to win a ring by yourself, not even Kobe could do it..

LeBron has had no one, not anyone close to a Gasol thats for sure..

Although not as good of a player and a different type, I would say Antawn Jamison is considered close to a Pau Gasol.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:04 AM)
Although not as good of a player and a different type, I would say Antawn Jamison is considered close to a Pau Gasol.

I'd say you are insane.

2009-2010 PER

Gasol checks in at #10, while Antawn doesn't even crack the top 50 (#66).

Heck, Andrew Bynum (25) is more efficient than Jamison when healthy. Gasol is more efficient than Kobe!

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:04 AM)

Antawn Jamison is no where near the player Gasol is. Antawn Jamison might be as good as Lamar Odom or Artest.