NBA playoffs thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:46 AM)
I'd say you are insane.

2009-2010 PER

Gasol checks in at #10, while Antawn doesn't even crack the top 50 (#66).

Heck, Andrew Bynum (25) is more efficient than Jamison when healthy. Gasol is more efficient than Kobe!

What the hell do you know about PER?

I guess even a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in a while.

Well done Steven.

Edited by SoxAce

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerry, you really think you're some pimp s*** when it comes to NBA, but this isn't exactly my first rodeo.

Sorry you found my Andrew Bynum comment so hysterically bad a month or so ago, even though he's 22 and the entire league thinks highly of him. You also ignored his PER... he's a stud if he stays healthy.

Anyway, I guess the moral of this rant is that you can slob my knob, son.

I'll be interested to see if the Bosh to LA and Bynum to TOR sign and trade rumors become true this off-season also.

Also Hedo wants to go back to Sacramento apparently. Nocioni may be headed to Toronto in a deal.

I would imagine no one would touch him until they get a better feel for the long term health of his knee. It'd be one thing if he made the same amount of money as a typical 22 year old, but he makes $14 mil next year and $15 mil the year after (plus another team option at almost $17 mil).

Ray Allen is 0/12 from the field.

Make that 0/13. Combine that with Paul Pierce's (Mr. the series ain't comin' back to LA) 3/10 and you get 3/23. Pierce needs to dedicate himself more to conditioning. I don't know if it's just his age, but he really looks fat and slow a lot of the time.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 04:48 PM)
Gerry, you really think you're some pimp s*** when it comes to NBA, but this isn't exactly my first rodeo.

Sorry you found my Andrew Bynum comment so hysterically bad a month or so ago, even though he's 22 and the entire league thinks highly of him. You also ignored his PER... he's a stud if he stays healthy.

Haha, your still on that Bynum comment I blasted you on a month or two ago (I was talking more or less over the years of your "analysis" on players)? Let it go bro, sorry I hurt your feelings.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 04:48 PM)

This board doesn't like using PER if it doesn't follow their argument.

Link

The community center gymnasium jammed with Boston Celtics fans, management, and players both past and present Wednesday turned to NBA Commissioner David Stern. They wanted a rebuttal.

One was required regarding the claim that the officiating in the NBA Finals had been lousy, a point subtly made by Boston Mayor Tom Menino, standing behind a lectern a few feet away from Stern.

Menino, there to speak about the Celtics' dedication of a new Learn & Play Center in Roxbury Crossing, had sidestepped his speech near its conclusion to discuss the Lakers' win over the Celtics Tuesday in Game 3.

He stopped short of direct complaints— "I'm not saying anything; the commissioner is right behind me," Menino said, but everyone could read between the lines, including Stern. A second later, Stern smiled and gave the mayor the hand motion signaling a technical foul.

Stern said the NBA would add "one or two wrinkles for next season on instant replay," but he said the league wouldn't change the system for how referees are chosen for the Finals. Currently, a season-long grading system is used to select the top 12 to work the Finals. "That's the way it's always going to be," Stern said.

Menino, who said he was a onetime high school basketball referee, said the high foul totals are ruining the flow of the games. "You just can't take control," Menino said. "You ruin it for the fans. The referees aren't supposed to be the show. The players are supposed to be the show, but sometimes the referees want to be the show. That's unfortunate."

Celtics Coach Doc Rivers said Wednesday he sent several complaints to the NBA league office after Tuesday's loss. "I don't send in a lot usually to the league," Rivers said. "I sent a lot this morning."

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 10:09 PM)
Look at that, Celtics going on a huge run with Robinson in the game and Garnett out of the game.

Dude, that run was all Davis. Smart play by Robinson to draw a foul then taunt Odom and get a T.

Edited by Brian

My facebook status:

the series is tied 2-2, guys, neither team has done anything the other hasn't. Those of you who trash-talked for 2 of the games and didn't say s*** for the other 2 are a bunch of f***ing tools, and you know who you are so I don't have to call you out. Do I? Nah, you'll just pretend I was talking about someone else right?

Also I've called out Kobe nuthuggers 2 or 3 times now. lol. Nobody likes to show their face. It's funny how "dynamic" my news feed is every other day... Laker fans (most of whom are not actual fans and only became as much sometime in late May) are quiet after the Celtics win and vice versa.