HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 03:35 AM)
20 playoff games.

13 one-goal games. (2 games that werent decided by 1 goal had empty netters. So 15 games have been 1 goal games going into the final 2 minutes or less.)

8 overtime games.

This NHL postseason has made me not give two s***s about whats going on in the NBA.

The NBA playoff product sucks when compared to the NHL. It isn't even in the same universe.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 03:35 AM)
20 playoff games.

13 one-goal games. (2 games that werent decided by 1 goal had empty netters. So 15 games have been 1 goal games going into the final 2 minutes or less.)

8 overtime games.

This NHL postseason has made me not give two s***s about whats going on in the NBA.

Not to mention that all 8 series started out with the teams splitting the 1st two games.

I had predicted in the NHL thread that there was no way the Sharks choke this time, but yet they are 30 seconds away from being down 3-0. They can obviously still win the series, but its gotta be getting to their heads now, especially after the own goal.

Good to see the Hawks get back in the win column last night. Niemi had a great game, glad that horrible game 1 goal didn't get to his head. As long him and the D don't make any more big f***-ups, I don't see Nashville scoring enough to win the series.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 09:41 AM)
Not to mention that all 8 series started out with the teams splitting the 1st two games.

I had predicted in the NHL thread that there was no way the Sharks choke this time, but yet they are 30 seconds away from being down 3-0. They can obviously still win the series, but its gotta be getting to their heads now, especially after the own goal.

Good to see the Hawks get back in the win column last night. Niemi had a great game, glad that horrible game 1 goal didn't get to his head. As long him and the D don't make any more big f***-ups, I don't see Nashville scoring enough to win the series.

Here's what I like about Niemi...he seems aloof. Normally, in an athlete, you want someone who shows he cares all the time. Goalies are a little different. I want someone who cares, but doesn't let one goal get them down. If Niemi has a shut out...whatever. If Niemi loses...whatever. Fiery works for some goalies, like Belfour. But I like the fact that Niemi praises his defence when he wins and but doesn't carry it over when he loses.

Not sure if he's a franchise goalie, but he's what we've got right now and I hope he can (with the help of the blueliners) carry this team. By the way, what's up with Kim Johnssen? Is he expected back anytime soon?

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 09:51 AM)
Here's what I like about Niemi...he seems aloof. Normally, in an athlete, you want someone who shows he cares all the time. Goalies are a little different. I want someone who cares, but doesn't let one goal get them down. If Niemi has a shut out...whatever. If Niemi loses...whatever. Fiery works for some goalies, like Belfour. But I like the fact that Niemi praises his defence when he wins and but doesn't carry it over when he loses.

Not sure if he's a franchise goalie, but he's what we've got right now and I hope he can (with the help of the blueliners) carry this team. By the way, what's up with Kim Johnssen? Is he expected back anytime soon?

They've been quiet with Johnssen. It sounds like Campbell has a better shot at coming back sooner.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 02:22 AM)
Haha. They actually have an agreement with a local fresh fish market or something along those lines to sell octopi to fans going to the Joe.

Its actually a science to sneak one of them into the Joe. You can compress it down so that you cant even tell that you are hiding it. Pretty cool....and gross.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 09:51 AM)
By the way, what's up with Kim Johnssen? Is he expected back anytime soon?

From what I've read, he sufferred a very bad concussion. I haven't seen anything even hinting of a timetable for his return.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 09:26 AM)
The NBA playoff product sucks when compared to the NHL. It isn't even in the same universe.

Thats opinion, I don't think the NHL games are any good until the last 2 minutes of the third. I enjoy watching all of the NBA playoff games.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 12:38 PM)
Playoff hockey is incredible. If you weren't on the edge of your seat for the entirety of the game last night, you probably have no pulse.

Agreed, I'm going to the game on tomorrow with a couple friends and I'm pumped

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 12:38 PM)
Playoff hockey is incredible. If you weren't on the edge of your seat for the entirety of the game last night, you probably have no pulse.

Didn't watch last night. Watched some on Friday. I don't care until they get into desperate attack mode.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
I must say, since badger and I started sporting playoff beard Rally Crede's, the Hawks are undefeated.

Why don't YOU make it your avatar as well?

haha

Last night I was going to post:

Rally Beards- 1

Nashville Predators- 0

(edit)

And it looks like Crede is sporting a Kane like mullet.

Edited by Soxbadger

Haha. They actually have an agreement with a local fresh fish market or something along those lines to sell octopi to fans going to the Joe.

Seems like 1) it would be extremely awkward, weird, annoying to carry around an octopus w/ you during the game 2) PETA would be pissed off about this.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)
Thats opinion, I don't think the NHL games are any good until the last 2 minutes of the third. I enjoy watching all of the NBA playoff games.

Didn't know you lurked in the NHL thread, but I knew that would rile you up if you saw it. Playoff hockey is much better though, I watched the Boston-Buffalo game (another one goal game) and not any of the Bulls game so far tonight. I'm looking forward to rooting against Vancouver now, though I'll probably flip to some of the Bulls game. BTW Kevin I'm probably going to the Foundry tomorrow to watch the Blackhawks game if you want to go. :lolhitting

Edited by NIUSox

I thought that they couldn't throw those on the ice anymore and that they would get kicked out if they did so why would they have an agreement? You would have to be pretty devoted to try and sneak an octopus in your pants and keep it there through the entire game, just to get thrown out if and when you actually use it.

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
I thought that they couldn't throw those on the ice anymore and that they would get kicked out if they did so why would they have an agreement? You would have to be pretty devoted to try and sneak an octopus in your pants and keep it there through the entire game, just to get thrown out if and when you actually use it.

Nope, they still throw them out. It's allowed, they just don't allow the zamboni guy to twirl it around like a maniac.

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
Didn't know you lurked in the NHL thread, but I knew that would rile you up if you saw it. Playoff hockey is much better though, I watched the Boston-Buffalo game (another one goal game) and not any of the Bulls game so far tonight. I'm looking forward to rooting against Vancouver now, though I'll probably flip to some of the Bulls game. BTW Kevin I'm probably going to the Foundry tomorrow to watch the Blackhawks game if you want to go. :lolhitting

I would go if I didn't have a finance test. I don't hate hockey, just think it's boring until the end.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 10:49 AM)
From what I've read, he sufferred a very bad concussion. I haven't seen anything even hinting of a timetable for his return.

Yeah I knew he had a bad concussion...pardon me, "Upper body injury"...I wasn't sure if anyone had heard if he was skating or he took that test that Marc Savard did. Forgot what it's called.