HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

QUOTE (LZPride08 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 03:35 AM)
I got a chance to go to the game, and the crowd went pretty wild, they had some real loud chants and were behind the Predators the whole game... It wasn't sold out though which blows my mind ( it was about 90% full).

The one time the Hawks made the playoffs at the beginning of the decade, the playoff games didn't sell out either, it happens.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 12:18 AM)
Also, it'd be nice if the captain decided to show up for this series at some point. A lot of people haven't shown up obviously, but Toews' absence has been especially noteable.

He and Hossa would be nice. Sadly the only guys I think really playing well are Sopel, Kane and the Swedish Hammer.

Q is a .500 coach in playoffs maybe that is all we are going to get with him. This team does not look like it can adjust to anything Nashville is doing.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 10:32 AM)
He and Hossa would be nice. Sadly the only guys I think really playing well are Sopel, Kane and the Swedish Hammer.

Q is a .500 coach in playoffs maybe that is all we are going to get with him. This team does not look like it can adjust to anything Nashville is doing.

If they lose this series and fire Q, I wouldn't shed a tear. I don't think that's going to happen, but if Q is really just a coach that can get you to a certain point and that's it like his resume suggests, a change isn't a bad idea.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
If they lose this series and fire Q, I wouldn't shed a tear. I don't think that's going to happen, but if Q is really just a coach that can get you to a certain point and that's it like his resume suggests, a change isn't a bad idea.

Thats funny cause Q was hired in the first place because Savard could only take them to a certain point, and Q was supposed bring them to the next level.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)
Thats funny cause Q was hired in the first place because Savard could only take them to a certain point, and Q was supposed bring them to the next level.

I remember finding that decision puzzling at the time too, given Q's playoff history.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
I remember finding that decision puzzling at the time too, given Q's playoff history.

All you have to do is look at the development of the young players and the regular season improvements we have seen since Q took over.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
All you have to do is look at the development of the young players and the regular season improvements we have seen since Q took over.

Not to mention the WCF last season where we are not even suppose to be there. If we get knocked out this early, it won't be because of Q's coaching. It will be because guys like Hossa, Toews, etc.. didn't show up for offense and the defense is depleted. (Barker trade also doesn't help as he would had been a good PP QB at the point with his lazer, [buff at the net] with Campbell out and Johnsson's concusion, but Bowman didn't foresee those injuries of course)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 03:22 PM)

The young players have gotten better, but windows in the NHL to win are small with the cap as it is, and if they lose to Nashville, this entire season was a complete waste. I see nothing that suggests to me Q can take this team beyond where they were in last years playoffs either. He's not going to be gone after this season though, so if the Hawks can't rally in this series, we'll just have to hope they stay healthy and improve in the playoffs next year I guess.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
The young players have gotten better, but windows in the NHL to win are small with the cap as it is, and if they lose to Nashville, this entire season was a complete waste. I see nothing that suggests to me Q can take this team beyond where they were in last years playoffs either. He's not going to be gone after this season though, so if the Hawks can't rally in this series, we'll just have to hope they stay healthy and improve in the playoffs next year I guess.

I'd be a lot more panicky if we weren't missing the two top offensive threats on defense. You can literally see the difference with and without these guys on the team right now. That has more to do with this than anything Q is or isn't doing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
I'd be a lot more panicky if we weren't missing the two top offensive threats on defense. You can literally see the difference with and without these guys on the team right now. That has more to do with this than anything Q is or isn't doing.

Duncan Keith is the top offensive threat.

This team is playing too small in this series.

The team is built small.

If they can't generate offense through speed, it's a tough task for them to score much at all.

Funny that the spot seen as the weak link has been very good other than a (pretty important) soft goal, while the perceived strength of the team has sputtered.

There's time to wake up and take Nashville out, but it's running out.

I completely disagree that Toews has been absent. He factored in scores in game 2 and has had played some good 2-way hockey. He also has had several near misses off the post.

This post is full of FAIL.

If you think Sopel is playing well... well, you aren't watching.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 06:50 AM)
Sharks, Canucks, & Red Wings all pull out "must-win" Game 4's (two on the road), here's to the Hawks doing the mother-f***ing same thing!

I actually have a good feeling about tonight - I think the Hawks will realize the importance of this game and play the way they can.

Bickell/Burrish in, Fraser/Eager out... we're not losing much, but not gaining much either.

Campbell in had better mean Sopel out... though I wish it meant Byfuglien back to offense.

EDIT: actually if Campbell is back, I'd assume that would mean no Bickell tonight and Buff would go to offense.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:39 AM)
Bickell/Burrish in, Fraser/Eager out... we're not losing much, but not gaining much either.

Campbell in had better mean Sopel out... though I wish it meant Byfuglien back to offense.

EDIT: actually if Campbell is back, I'd assume that would mean no Bickell tonight and Buff would go to offense.

They have to look for offense at this point. They are getting nothing right now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:43 AM)
They have to look for offense at this point. They are getting nothing right now.

The changes could add a little energy to the offense, but in the end its all gonna come down to the stars, Toews, Kane, Hossa & Co. If those guys make the plays like they did all year, they will be able to turn this series around.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:39 AM)

I think Campbell will replace hendry and move Buff to in front ofthe net on the PP.