HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SnB @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
every shot the preds are getting is just a fantastic scoring opportunity.

brutal defense in front of niemi.

They have 14 total shots on goal.... I dont care if they are getting good looks on those shots for Niemi to let 4 in is brutal.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 12:44 AM)
If we beat them, will the next round be easier. Nashville has been a tough out.

Harder of course. Vancouver is probably who we will play next (barring a collapse) and they actually have an offense (Sedins-Burrows line have been amazing all year) to go along with their defense. Kesler, Raymond, etc.. those guys are tough and Luongo can steal a game if need be. (though Kane has his number.. ;)) IMO, they are not a good match for us as they always play us tough with their style. Should be a fun rematch for them though regardless and for us. Getting to be a pretty sick rivalry. And if we happen to win that series, we might play SJ (though we match up well against them) or Detroit in the WCF, so this cup run won't be a cake walk.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 01:53 AM)
Harder of course. Vancouver is probably who we will play next (barring a collapse) and they actually have an offense (Sedins-Burrows line have been amazing all year) to go along with their defense. Kesler, Raymond, etc.. those guys are tough and Luongo can steal a game if need be. (though Kane has his number.. ;)) IMO, they are not a good match for us as they always play us tough with their style. Should be a fun rematch for them though regardless and for us. Getting to be a pretty sick rivalry. And if we happen to win that series, we might play SJ (though we match up well against them) or Detroit in the WCF, so this cup run won't be a cake walk.

I think on a match-up basis alone the Hawks match up well against Vancover as oppossed to Nashville. The Preds seem to be able to do what it takes to get the Hawks off their game.

Who thinks Hossa's in trouble? Maybe its just the fan in me, but I thought Ovechkin's was worse (iirc, Campbell was turned completely around and Alex took more of a run, whereas Hossa took the Pred more from the side and from a shorter gap). Eddie O sure didn't do the Hawks any favors by making the comparison on national tv.