HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 09:24 AM)
Who thinks Hossa's in trouble? Maybe its just the fan in me, but I thought Ovechkin's was worse (iirc, Campbell was turned completely around and Alex took more of a run, whereas Hossa took the Pred more from the side and from a shorter gap). Eddie O sure didn't do the Hawks any favors by making the comparison on national tv.

Trotz said the same thing in the post game.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-04...yale-bears-expo

The start of [Ted] Phillips' question-and-answer session was interrupted by a roar from fans in the back watching Marian Hossa score the winning goal for the Blackhawks over the Predators. "I didn't think what I said was that amazing, but thanks for the cheers,'' Phillips joked.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)
My wife and I screamed so loud at the Hossa game-winner that her Mom got scared and ran in the room to see what was wrong.

:lolhitting

that one i just kinda jumped and yelled, kane to tie it made me run back and forth high kneed yelling NOOOOOOOOO NOOOOO I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 10:24 AM)
Who thinks Hossa's in trouble? Maybe its just the fan in me, but I thought Ovechkin's was worse (iirc, Campbell was turned completely around and Alex took more of a run, whereas Hossa took the Pred more from the side and from a shorter gap). Eddie O sure didn't do the Hawks any favors by making the comparison on national tv.

I thought it was just as bad of a shot but Hossa doesnt have the priors as Ovi does.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
I thought it was just as bad of a shot but Hossa doesnt have the priors as Ovi does.

Ovechkin laid his entire shoulder with force into Campbell, while Hossa barely tapped Hamhuis with the tips of his fingers. They weren't very similar plays at all.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
Ovechkin laid his entire shoulder with force into Campbell, while Hossa barely tapped Hamhuis with the tips of his fingers. They weren't very similar plays at all.

Plus Campbell didn't have the puck, and Hamhuis didn't.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 12:32 PM)

Calling all arms: Bears President and CEO Ted Phillips gave his assessment of the team drafting quarterback Dan LeFevour in the sixth round.

"He wasn't really on the radar screen because he had such a high grade by our scouts that they didn't think he would come anywhere close to falling in our lap,'' Phillips said. "Plus we weren't looking for a quarterback, obviously. But you can never have enough young talent.

"What it reminded me of … was back when Green Bay had Brett Favre, Mark Brunell and Matt Hasselbeck … three quarterbacks that became pretty darn good starters, two of them elsewhere. If that's what happens over time, then that's a good thing for us as well.''

What's even crazier is that they had Kurt Warner in training camp the same year as well.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
No suspension for Hossa. :headbang

I think the NHL got this right, Hossa definitely caused the boarding; however, you can see he puts his hands on Hamhuis to brace himself and he was definitely not trying to propel him into the boards. As Campbell said in the NHL's statement, the 5 minute major penalty fit the crime.

The fact that Hossa has a cleaner reputation than AO probably didn't hurt either.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 03:59 AM)
Congrats to Duncan Keith. Norris Trophy finalist (along with Mike Green...yes...Mike Green.. and Drew Doughty) If he doesn't win it, it will be a travesty IMO. Most ice time of ALL of the NHL players (and their top lines with Seabrook) not to mention most ice time in penalty kill (didn't inflate his numbers on the power play like Green) and still put up 69 points. Doughty no doubt will win several of these in the near future though. It really should be Keith in a landslide.

We're all Hawks fans here, but come on, let's not be so ridiculously biased. A landslide? You're just not paying very much attention to the NHL outside the Hawks.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
We're all Hawks fans here, but come on, let's not be so ridiculously biased. A landslide? You're just not paying very much attention to the NHL outside the Hawks.

Yah, watch Drew Doughty play . . . kid is sick. Although Keith >>>>> Mike Green. It's not really fair to compare Green with other D-minded D-men. He is surely a very talented player but there should be some kind of award to reward the NHL defenceman with the most points.

I think Keith might have lost the Norris Trophy with his poor play after the Olympics. He was the clear leader for it before the Olympics though IMO, so he still has a shot, but I think Drew Doughty might pull it out. As for Hossa, I think you could argue he should get a 1 game suspension, but it's not a tragic mistake to give him no suspension.

The Predators have nobody to blame but themselves anyways, it took an absolutely epic gag job by them to not only give up a short handed goal to tie the game in the last minute, but then not score for a 4 minute power play in OT and lose almost immediately after that. As exciting and fun as that victory was, Nashville had the Hawks on the ropes in the game and series Saturday and just blew it. Most championship teams have a shocking victory or two on their way to glory though, and lets hope that was an example of such for the Hawks this weekend.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)

lol@ barely tapping Hamhuis. The camera angle from the backside of the play clearly shows a shove.

Canucks knock out the Kings, Luongo makes the save of the playoffs on his back in the 2nd. If/When the Hawks pull this out, it will be a rematch of last year's semifinals. Just end the series tonight Hawks, I don't want to have to go the UC Wednesday night.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 01:27 AM)
I think Keith might have lost the Norris Trophy with his poor play after the Olympics. He was the clear leader for it before the Olympics though IMO, so he still has a shot, but I think Drew Doughty might pull it out. As for Hossa, I think you could argue he should get a 1 game suspension, but it's not a tragic mistake to give him no suspension.

The Predators have nobody to blame but themselves anyways, it took an absolutely epic gag job by them to not only give up a short handed goal to tie the game in the last minute, but then not score for a 4 minute power play in OT and lose almost immediately after that. As exciting and fun as that victory was, Nashville had the Hawks on the ropes in the game and series Saturday and just blew it. Most championship teams have a shocking victory or two on their way to glory though, and lets hope that was an example of such for the Hawks this weekend.

0-21 on the PP. Nashville should look no further than themselves.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 05:45 AM)
lol@ barely tapping Hamhuis. The camera angle from the backside of the play clearly shows a shove.

That's right, but LOL even more at Rosenblum calling it a "cross check." I usually respect him on hockey, but he's getting torn to shreds in the comments (including one from me) for that.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....rts-+RosenBlog)