HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)
Bring on the Canuckleheads.

This upcoming series is going to be a blood bath. I loved watching Kessler for Team USA but I now, officially hate his guts again.

The Sedin Brothers also probably have sex with each other.

Great win, Hawks.

I wasn't as worried tonight. It wasn't the elmination game and I was pretty confident throughout.

Nashville gave the Hawks quite a fight in that series.

Think Vancouver will play us even tougher? Think it'l be another 4-2 series win for Chicago? Hawks playing pretty well on the road of late.

That could end up being a very good series for the Hawks in the playoffs, they hard to work very hard to get thru, and there's a lot of upside going forward.

Should be a great series against Vancouver.

I was kind of expecting a faster than usual (for this series) first period with the Predators fighting for their lives and having the home crowd behind them combined with the Hawks flying high after game 5, but wow that was ridiculous. Hockey is a strange game though in that really high scoring/exciting periods generally=both teams playing poorly disciplined hockey, and that looked to be the case in the 1st tonight. I really thought the Hawks settled down and played a sound on the lead game the last 40 minutes though (outside of the poor PP work during that time), and Niemi made the stops when he needed to. They've beaten Vancouver before and can do it again, just have to execute, but the Hawks should enjoy tonight's victory for now. They needed to come out and bury the Preds in a tough enviornment and got it done. Go Coyotes tomorrow.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Hawks Win!!! What a funny game that was, 7 goals in the 1st 20, then basically none for the last 40 minutes. That series was tougher than I hoped it would be, but way to pull it out.

Vancouver should be a real tough series, especially after last spring's battle. They are a very physical team. The biggest thing the Hawks need to do is remind Luongo of game 6 last year, if they can get in his head and make him struggle, they should pull it out. I heard this morning that Game 1 is Friday night, can't wait!

How about that Jaroslav Halak last night? I watched the 1st & 2nd periods of that game, wow. One more performance like that, and they will give him the key to the city of Montreal.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 07:04 AM)
Hawks Win!!! What a funny game that was, 7 goals in the 1st 20, then basically none for the last 40 minutes. That series was tougher than I hoped it would be, but way to pull it out.

Vancouver should be a real tough series, especially after last spring's battle. They are a very physical team. The biggest thing the Hawks need to do is remind Luongo of game 6 last year, if they can get in his head and make him struggle, they should pull it out. I heard this morning that Game 1 is Friday night, can't wait!

How about that Jaroslav Halak last night? I watched the 1st & 2nd periods of that game, wow. One more performance like that, and they will give him the key to the city of Montreal.

Ovecheapshot has me doing what I once would have considered impossible - rooting for the Montreal Canadiens.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 03:26 AM)
This Vancouver series is going to be very tough. They played us as well as anyone this year. Outside of Detroit, Vancouver scared me the most.

Hopefully we send Luongo home crying again.

He can single-handedly win this series for them.