HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 11:25 AM)
What is the approximate date the next round starts? I know the Capitals/Canadians and Red Wings/Coyotes have to finish their game 7's, but what can we expect? A Saturday or Sunday start?

Friday is my best guess.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 11:25 AM)
What is the approximate date the next round starts? I know the Capitals/Canadians and Red Wings/Coyotes have to finish their game 7's, but what can we expect? A Saturday or Sunday start?

This morning on the Score, the update lady said that Game 1 would be Friday. I don't think that's official yet though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 11:28 AM)
For all you haters, I'd like to point out that we went 3-0 with Campbell back.

He's still overpaid, but he has shown that he is a valuable part of the team.

I wonder if Q will stick with Bickell in the lineup, he seemed to played pretty well(playing on a line with Kane/Toews makes it easier). Vancouver seems to be a bigger, more physical team, so I don't know if he'd wanna bring back the 4th line bangers, Fraser or Eager. Still nothing new on Johnsson.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
He's still overpaid, but he has shown that he is a valuable part of the team.

I wonder if Q will stick with Bickell in the lineup, he seemed to played pretty well(playing on a line with Kane/Toews makes it easier). Vancouver seems to be a bigger, more physical team, so I don't know if he'd wanna bring back the 4th line bangers, Fraser or Eager. Still nothing new on Johnsson.

Bickell will be in the lineup. I'd be surprised to see any lineup changes, really.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
Is Kim Johnsson even alive? I mean where has this guy been? Upper body injury or concusion, why can't we get a definite diagnosis on his injury from the Hawks? We could really use his D-first prescence against the Canucks.

It sounds like it was a really bad concussion from little I have seen out.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 01:14 PM)
Not sure who would argue that he isn't better than Sopel, Hendry, or Byfuglien?

A couple of pages back I said that Sopel was playing the best of any defenseman and as far as defense goes I still believe this.

Check out his TOI, especailly on the PK. In the game where Nashville had a 5 on 3 the puck was on his side for about 30 seconds and they did not get a SOG. He also played the most minutes in the 5 minute kill and created the game winning shot.

I thought Sopel was an utter waste of money but the guy does what he is currently doing it well. He can not move or shot but he gets the s*** kicked out him and he hangs in there.

I am not sure why I am fighting the Brent Sopel battle but I think he is playing as well as anyone.

Buff is in a bad spot and Hendry wasn't getting any time.

I think Bickell can do what Buff did last year.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 10:56 AM)
Bickell will be in the lineup. I'd be surprised to see any lineup changes, really.

Ya I like what the Hawks are doing with him actually. Reminds me of what they did with Hjammarsson last year. Getting the second round pick some playoff experience. He will be with the Hawks next season (another guy... say Eager for example will go as a cap casualty) so it's good he's learning on the ropes here.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
Ya I like what the Hawks are doing with him actually. Reminds me of what they did with Hjammarsson last year. Getting the second round pick some playoff experience. He will be with the Hawks next season (another guy... say Eager for example will go as a cap casualty) so it's good he's learning on the ropes here.

Well, he also works really well with Kane and Toews (though who wouldn't?) He's not afraid to muck it up and fight for the loose puck.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
Well, he also works really well with Kane and Toews (though who wouldn't?) He's not afraid to muck it up and fight for the loose puck.

Bickell and Troy Brouwer are essentially the same player. But Brouwer had that bad hiccup (turnover that lead to a goal) in game 1 and never really overcame it. Brouwer essentially admitted to such by saying that his confidence was shaken. Hence the emergence of Bickell who is a little quicker, but hasn't found the same scoring touch.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)
Bickell and Troy Brouwer are essentially the same player. But Brouwer had that bad hiccup (turnover that lead to a goal) in game 1 and never really overcame it. Brouwer essentially admitted to such by saying that his confidence was shaken. Hence the emergence of Bickell who is a little quicker, but hasn't found the same scoring touch.

Plus I am not convinced that Brouwer's back is healthy.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
But Brouwer had that bad hiccup (turnover that lead to a goal) in game 1 and never really overcame it. Brouwer essentially admitted to such by saying that his confidence was shaken. Hence the emergence of Bickell who is a little quicker, but hasn't found the same scoring touch.

I still don't think his head is there mentally with his sick uncle not doing too well, which he has admitted to.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)
being at the game last night was awesome, the last 10 minutes were just ridiculously stressful. Bring on Vancouver!!! And we need to get Buff off the D, he's killing us.

hey I was at the game also last night, where'd you sit?

Now it sounds like game 1 will be Saturday. Ugh, just wanna be able to plan the weekend already. Official schedule will come out after game 7 tonight.

According to Jesse Rogers, Byfuglien was skating with the forwards at practice today on a line with Brouwer & Madden and was camped out in front of the net on power play drills. I'm sure Luongo will look forward to having big Buff blocking his views.