HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)
I've been going to the Canucks message board the last few days and they all are in agreement that they hate Buff. This is great news, Buff was awesome in front of Luongo last year. BTW Canuck fans may be the whiniest fans in all of sports. Everything I have read over there is that the refs weren't calling anything on the Hawks last year, and we were/are a dirty team. They also think that there is a conspiracy that the NHL doesn't want a Canadian team to win the cup. It always gives me a good laugh going over there.

Honestly, I think the Hawks are one of the least dirty teams in the NHL. I could be biased, but I do watch a lot of hockey and we just don't have alot of dirty players. I think Buff and Ladd will do some s*** to get under peoples skin. Eager and Burish will attempt to hit and fight, but I don't see them taking cheap shots. Everyone else is pretty laid back and while they'll retaliate, they're rarely the aggresors as far as after the whistle stuff. How do you guys see it?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)
Honestly, I think the Hawks are one of the least dirty teams in the NHL. I could be biased, but I do watch a lot of hockey and we just don't have alot of dirty players. I think Buff and Ladd will do some s*** to get under peoples skin. Eager and Burish will attempt to hit and fight, but I don't see them taking cheap shots. Everyone else is pretty laid back and while they'll retaliate, they're rarely the aggresors as far as after the whistle stuff. How do you guys see it?

I see it the same as you do.

I don't see a ton of stickwork, there's not a bunch of late or high hits.

The Hawks are a clean team IMO, and anything said to the contrary is an attempt by the other team to create something in the minds of the zebras.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
Very cool story. Almost makes me feel bad for the Caps.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsb..._a_tire_af.html

Ovechkin would have opened his passenger door to sideswipe their car. It's the automotive equivalent of sticking your knee out when someone's going to avoid your check.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 1, 2010 -> 08:21 PM)
The guy doing PBP for the CBC on my stream link did the PBP voice on PSX's Triple Play '99.

I knew I recognized his voice.

yea, i knew i had heard his voice in a video game, just couldnt place him

This is why I said Canucks are a very tough match-up for us. They play us very well usually, and this year they are even better with the Sedins breaking out. Only team that is as tough, if not tougher (match-up wise) would be Detroit. Hell, I would rather play SJ than the Canucks or Detroit. We match-up very well against them. This series is going 6 or 7, no question.

Great game going on in San Jose on Versus, 3-3 with 12 minutes left.

I hope the UC is more fun tomorrow night, after the goal to make it 3-0, the place was a ghost town. Its only one game though, and if we had gotten any of those good opportunities past Luongo in the first 15 minutes, it would have been a completely different game. Absolutely can't go down 2-0 heading out west though.